• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

G.ZZZ

If that's real it has so many changes that i love:

Diffusal so good
Shadow blade even more burst
Tusk best hero ever ez
Huskar flame spears now finally make sense. I'm still wating for "all orbs now stack"
Treant is broken as shit
Riki remain invisible under smoke like slark ult
PA and Jugg get +10 hp per level, PA is seriously some unkillable shit if you don't get MKB lategame
Ogre best roamer ez
Void +6% dps is decent
Drow is slowly getting there. Probably viable now. Still my favourite pubstomper
Not sure why bristle midgame is getting buffed. He's better than before at level 8 already, and get some attack speed to boot on top of that. Worse in tris, sure, but i loved him solo anyway.
Bloodseeker got the biggest buff holy shit. Halved cast time so legit silence finally.

inkls

Lightning Bolt isn't Zeus' ult.

Lightning bolt is not an ult. That buff would allow a Zeus by him self to reveal juking or invis heroes.

Yep, my bad. Edited it.

If that's real it has so many changes that i love:

Diffusal so good
Shadow blade even more burst
Tusk best hero ever ez
Huskar flame spears now finally make sense. I'm still wating for "all orbs now stack"
Treant is broken as shit
Riki remain invisible under smoke like slark ult
PA and Jugg get +10 hp per level, PA is seriously some unkillable shit if you don't get MKB lategame
Ogre best roamer ez
Void +6% dps is decent
Drow is slowly getting there. Probably viable now. Still my favourite pubstomper
Not sure why bristle midgame is getting buffed. He's better than before at level 8 already, and get some attack speed to boot on top of that. Worse in tris, sure, but i loved him solo anyway.
Bloodseeker got the biggest buff holy shit. Halved cast time so legit silence finally.

Imagine if SB stacked with crits again.
Slark ult on a 13s cooldown that slow ms and turn speed for 25%? Sounds pretty strong (at least there's no regen)
About PA, unless vs Doom of course. Pretty much becomes a melee creep under it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, isn't starbucks supposed to have good coffee? Someone gave me a $5 giftcard to it, so I decided to grab a cup, and asked for a french vanilla coffee, but this stuff is horrible.

The notes seem plausible. Really like the sven buff, was irritating having to plan your initiation around precasting God's Strength.

Troll's buff seems a little meaningless, but I think he's one of those heroes that could easily jump into the spotlight if the trending picks change, especially with the undying change to tomb stone and once phoenix makes it into CM. I would still really like to see fervor reworked. Maybe the shadowblade buff is enough to catapult him into prime pick.

Tree ent change seems op. Huskar change will help a lot for early game, still not a great hero. Bloodseeker changes might make him a viable alternative to doom.

Wonder how Soul Rip works with the now tombstone model. If it actually heals it to full on one cast, then Undying could have just gotten much much better.

inkls

The notes seem plausible. Really like the sven buff, was irritating having to plan your initiation around precasting God's Strength.

Troll's buff seems a little meaningless, but I think he's one of those heroes that could easily jump into the spotlight if the trending picks change, especially with the undying change to tomb stone and once phoenix makes it into CM. I would still really like to see fervor reworked. Maybe the shadowblade buff is enough to catapult him into prime pick.

Tree ent change seems op. Huskar change will help a lot for early game, still not a great hero. Bloodseeker changes might make him a viable alternative to doom.

Wonder how Soul Rip works with the now tombstone model. If it actually heals it to full on one cast, then Undying could have just gotten much much better.

yes, no more boar stuns. Do you think the troll one could be "this hero exists guys" kind of buff? And wow, I didn't even consider the implication of the Undying changes on soul rip, would make it pretty strong if soul rip didn't have a cap.

It's March 31st.

I'm not believing any patch notes for a second

Still interesting to consider some of the ideas present

KingKong

The worst part about fake patchnotes is when they have great ideas that dont make it into the real ones. Game starting as night and turning into day at 0:00 sounds awesome

e: rapier Invoker? ok Fnatic

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The worst part about fake patchnotes is when they have great ideas that dont make it into the real ones. Game starting as night and turning into day at 0:00 sounds awesome

That idea was directly taken from Reddit last week.

That's mostly why I'm not taking any stock in these notes.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
99 viewers now. GG Riot.

xNWFb8G.jpg

inkls

That does remind me, I do wonder how often Valve actually takes the effort to read our ramblings anymore, or do they just forsake us and read reddit instead.

I think reddit is a better metric to judge what people are interested in compare to this thread. We don't do much balance discussion though, so what else is there to read that won't already be seen on a larger scale on reddit really?

Low Tier
I think reddit is a better metric to judge what people are interested in compare to this thread. We don't do much balance discussion though, so what else is there to read that won't already be seen on a larger scale on reddit really?

that the road to 4k is impossible

That does remind me, I do wonder how often Valve actually takes the effort to read our ramblings anymore, or do they just forsake us and read reddit instead.

I'm sure there are a few that pop in to read for their own enjoyment. Our system is setup too differently to gauge reaction to ideas, and we rarely post anything but tournament commentary and expressing feelings about mmr. We do have a lot of kickass modelers that post here and give us first looks, more than reddit I like to think, and we can actually hold dialog consistently unlike reddit.

thacker secretly dota 2 dev

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There may be some accurate points in that changelog, but I don't think it's a real one. I do think (hope) there will be a major patch soon, Bruno probably does know that and I think that might be why he's fucking around. But if he actually did get hold of a real patch changelog I can't imagine Valve being cool with him just leaking it out there so deliberately.

SamVimes

Is n0tail playing core meepo this time? H4nn1 is on Ogre.

edit: maybe the joke is that the patchlog is real, getting aui for a 1:40 prank video seems weird.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys, isn't starbucks supposed to have good coffee? Someone gave me a $5 giftcard to it, so I decided to grab a cup, and asked for a french vanilla coffee, but this stuff is horrible.

Vanilla latte, not a french vanilla.

They probably look at both places as a bunch of nutcases.

You say that like it never happens on Reddit. Just replace 4K with any applicable MMR.

the road to 2k is impossible. so hard

Chris R

I'd love to see real patch notes tomorrow, along with concrete TI4 info.

I need to book my vacation time volvo :(

edit: #roadTo3k is real damnit, I'm just taking my time. I still haven't seen 2.4k for the longest time now so I'm getting better slowly.

Top Bottom