• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

inkls

"Sometimes when an obstacle blocks your way, the solution is to make sure the alternate way is safe instead."

What about this one?

HYPE TRAIN ALL ABOARD

t1396267200z1.png

Kard8p3

I would be more hype about all of this trolling but the season finale of TWD made me fall asleep zzzz

edit:

ps bokr fuck my download speed, so shitty. Won't be playing until tomorrow LOL.

Gav47

Isn't 1 pm CEST around 4am PDT, seems awfully early for an announcement from Valve, this could all be a Dreamleauge thing.

Chris R

This operation "To the Moon" is going well.

Luna will carry me to 3k. Just need to work on my pre-15 min setup, after that everything is jelly

What do I build after Satanic/BKB/Drums/Bots/Manta? I had a spot open for the Aegis but never needed it :(

Mohasus

This operation "To the Moon" is going well.

Luna will carry me to 3k. Just need to work on my pre-15 min setup, after that everything is jelly

What do I build after Satanic/BKB/Drums/Bots/Manta? I had a spot open for the Aegis but never needed it :(

Bfly or skadi.

Zyphos

Neo Member
So I just opened a Treasure of Dire Arms and got the Mythic Doom set AND the Legendary Venge set. Never gotten anything rare from chests before.

I'm pretty damn pumped!

leaked 6.81 changelog

That wouldn't be a terrible change tbh. It would be weird but it would save people from accidentally clicking the minimap when running to base as Radiant.

Bfly or skadi.

I think Butterfly would be better for effective hp and dps. The evasion is probably better than flat HP at that point, and the attack speed + damage would be better than what you get out of just about any item. Plus it technically scales with Glaives.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
When was the last time a new item was added to Dota? Never? Were they all always in the custom map way back when? I have no idea.

Hylian7

When was the last time a new item was added to Dota? Never? Were they all always in the custom map way back when? I have no idea.

If I remember correctly, Rod of Atos, Ring of Aquila, Abyssal Blade, Heaven's Halberd, and Tranquil Boots were all added in 6.73, which was when Dota 2 was in early beta. Aka when the UI looked like this. I remember playing in these days.

1861123-1861121_1313306033411.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Shadow Amulet was added in 6.75. 6.73 added Rod of Atos, Heaven's Halberd, Ring of Aquila, Abyssal Blade, and Tranquil Boots

Never forget:
20120425191638%21Heaven%27s_Halberd_icon.png

Hylian7

Well I'll be damned. Wonder if/when we'll ever see new items again.

I'm sure we will. It's also possible we'll see things get changed around. Before 6.75 Shadow Blade was made out of Quarterstaff, Claymore, and a recipe then got changed to Claymore + Shadow Amulet.

I wasn't playing in the days when it was around, but in REALLY old Dota, Aegis was a buyable item with 3 charges, Euls had a number of charges and was used to build into sheepstick, and Aghanims and a very different recipe than it does now. Manta also used to give mana burn.

I wasn't playing in the days when it was around, but in REALLY old Dota, Aegis was a buyable item with 3 charges, Euls had a number of charges and was used to build into sheepstick, and Aghanims and a very different recipe than it does now. Manta also used to give mana burn.

Aegis having charges was a very long time ago. Other than that, Eul's used to have I believe 7 charges and did in fact build into Guinsoo's Scythe of Vise. It also didn't give movement speed t all. Aghanims had a really crazy recipe because it was basically a caster-specific item, there were 0 Str or Agi heroes that benefited from Agh's. Manta used to have Mana Burn because it was made using a Diffusal Blade. Dagon also used to have a different recipe with no inclusion of a Null Talisman--basically all 6/3/3 stat items used to be dead ends, Wrath bands debatable still are since Dagon and Drums are in my mind a lot better than Aquila. Also, Mana Boots are fairly new, Soul Ring and Arcane Boots replaced an item called Arcane Ring that was a mana replenishment for your hero alone.

Off the top of my head newer items would be: Shadow Amulet, Veil of Discord, Rod of Atos, Drums of Endurance, Ring of Aquila, Heavens Halberd, Orb of Venom, etc. These aren't necessarily very new (Rod of Atos is pretty new, as is Shadow Amulet) but comparing it to the DotA of old (HOW DO I GET LUMBER!?!?) are pretty damn new.

Hylian7

Aegis having charges was a very long time ago. Other than that, Eul's used to have I believe 7 charges and did in fact build into Guinsoo's Scythe of Vise. It also didn't give movement speed t all. Aghanims had a really crazy recipe because it was basically a caster-specific item, there were 0 Str or Agi heroes that benefited from Agh's. Manta used to have Mana Burn because it was made using a Diffusal Blade. Dagon also used to have a different recipe with no inclusion of a Null Talisman--basically all 6/3/3 stat items used to be dead ends, Wrath bands debatable still are since Dagon and Drums are in my mind a lot better than Aquila. Also, Mana Boots are fairly new, Soul Ring and Arcane Boots replaced an item called Arcane Ring that was a mana replenishment for your hero alone.

Off the top of my head newer items would be: Shadow Amulet, Veil of Discord, Rod of Atos, Drums of Endurance, Ring of Aquila, Heavens Halberd, Orb of Venom, etc. These aren't necessarily very new (Rod of Atos is pretty new, as is Shadow Amulet) but comparing it to the DotA of old (HOW DO I GET LUMBER!?!?) are pretty damn new.

The few games of Dota 1 I've played, I just notice a HUGE difference in player skill level. To put it in perspective a Clockwerk with brown boots and a Vanguard at 30 minutes called me a "noob" for going Blink Dagger on Tinker. You had to manually share your courier by sharing all your units (which included your hero too), so having one courier for your team was really rare. Usually you would see 3 or 4 of them in the fountain. I would usually buy one and share it.

Top Bottom