• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

I got aghs on shadow demon for the first time tonight. Ursa thought BKB was good, and then he got fucking SLOWED DOWN FOREVER. FOR. EV. ER.

Shit was great.

fallagin

Actually had my first dota 2 semi base race. We were fairly even to the end in terms of towers killed, they were slightly ahead in overall team killing, we each had 3 attacking and 2 defending each base. The other team got too preoccupied with fighting the defenders while we swiped the win :p Feels good man.

Kind of weird to think about after 500+ hours...

Shengar

What is the suggested build for Abaddon? I'm thinking Phase Boot+MoM+Soul Ring as a core for melee build, but I'm not sure if its viable.

FACE

Banned
What is the suggested build for Abaddon? I'm thinking Phase Boot+MoM+Soul Ring as a core for melee build, but I'm not sure if its viable.

Play him as a support and get tranquils -> urn/mek -> force staff and whatever else your team needs like a Vlads if your cores are melee heroes.

0PAheOk.png

DDoS prevention?
Yeap. They should be pretty safe now though.

Shengar

Play him as a support and get tranquils -> urn/mek -> force staff and whatever else your team needs like a Vlads if your cores are melee heroes.

I want to maximize his Curse of Avernus utility, but in the case of no dedicated healer like Dazzle or Omni I might switched to fulltime support. It just the idea of Curse of Avernus not being utilized for the carries bugs me.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I swear I'm not being "that guy" and jumping onto the latest fotm here, but after having avoided Mirana for the better part of my year long Dota career, I've had a lot of fun with that hero in the two games I played the last few weeks. It's pretty rare for me to click with a hero in a way that I'm having fun even when I'm losing. Off the top of my head Clock is one of those heroes too. Maybe Slark. I've just recently gotten over my fear of skillshots, which has opened these heroes up to me. Now if I could just play a Pudge game and do anything other than feed...

FACE

Banned
I want to maximize his Curse of Avernus utility, but in the case of no dedicated healer like Dazzle or Omni I might switched to fulltime support. It just the idea of Curse of Avernus not being utilized for the carries bugs me.

Carry Abaddon is pretty ass if you ask me, he doesn't farm that well, doesn't scale that well into late game and can get kited around quite easily.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Figured it out, I'm going to buy 4 more TI4 Huds, and stick all 19 gems into them. Bamn, sentimental value created.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think its going to be one of the Chinese teams that will win TI4, though which one is hard to say. I think both East and West are pretty evenly matched in regards to each other, but that the East just seem so much more on the ball. I don't think a month of Boot Camping is going to be enough for a lot of these western teams.

Also, I don't think any of the teams fighting for the final spot have a chance to even make top 8.

Shengar

I think its going to be one of the Chinese teams that will win TI4, though which one is hard to say. I think both East and West are pretty evenly matched in regards to each other, but that the East just seem so much more on the ball. I don't think a month of Boot Camping is going to be enough for a lot of these western teams.

Also, I don't think any of the teams fighting for the final spot have a chance to even make top 8.

I never followed the tournament scene except for the International
Guess now I have to buy them tournament tickets.

Demoli

Never go carry Aba, sucks balls. Tranquils-> urn -> mek -> Auras (I prefer vlads) or other items like blink, force, pipe or Aghs.

If you go aghs for god's sake remember to pop your ult manually when your carry/core players are in danger, dont sve it for yourself cause by then it'll be too late.

He's also a great gem carrier.

Shengar

Never go carry Aba, sucks balls. Tranquils-> urn -> mek -> Auras (I prefer vlads) or other items like blink, force, pipe or Aghs.

If you go aghs for god's sake remember to pop your ult manually when your carry/core players are in danger, dont sve it for yourself cause by then it'll be too late.

He's also a great gem carrier.

lol of course not. His stat growth is subpar, and his only scaling skill is CoA which isn't too great either for himself. It's been a long time since I played as Abaddon (actually Dota 2 in general, I believe it's almost one year since my last game lol) and seeing some Abaddon with full support (Mekans and Drum) don't sit with me very well (also the break effect of Tranquil Boots). But I'll try to get over that and played with the usual build before experimenting on my then.

Razzer

lol of course not. His stat growth is subpar, and his only scaling skill is CoA which isn't too great either for himself. It's been a long time since I played as Abaddon (actually Dota 2 in general, I believe it's almost one year since my last game lol) and seeing some Abaddon with full support (Mekans and Drum) don't sit with me very well (also the break effect of Tranquil Boots). But I'll try to get over that and played with the usual build before experimenting on my then.

Out of curiosity, if you agree he can't carry but don't like the idea of support items on him, what would you build?

Treads, Wand, Mek, Vlad's aint bad. He's not a good ganker which is why I prefer Urn on somebody else but I suppose every team should have one and if your Aba is the only viable choice for support items, might as well go for it.

Shengar

Out of curiosity, if you agree he can't carry but don't like the idea of support items on him, what would you build?

Let's see:
Tranquil Boots
Urn
Vlad
Aghanim
Sange&Yasha (or Halberd)
Bloodstone
The priority should be Aghanim, since that's the only way to make him useful in bigfights. He needs a lot of mana to farm with Apotic shield, so it's either soul ring or perseverance to do job. Why I don't want to make him build full support with Mekansm or War is because he also need to take advatange of his passive with item that have procuring effect. Mekansm imo, should be for other support but in case the team really needs it, Abaddon can make it only after Aghanim.

Razzer

Let's see:
Tranquil Boots
Urn
Vlad
Aghanim
Sange&Yasha (or Halberd)
Bloodstone
The priority should be Aghanim, since that's the only way to make him useful in bigfights. He needs a lot of mana to farm with Apotic shield, so it's either soul ring or perseverance to do job. Why I don't want to make him build full support with Mekansm or War is because he also need to take advatange of his passive with item that have procuring effect. Mekansm imo, should be for other support but in case the team really needs it, Abaddon can make it only after Aghanim.

Hmm. The urn, vlads, agh's all seem like you are building him support, but the S&Y is a carry/semi-carry item. It seems like kind of a confused build. I take it when you say items that take advantage of the passive you mean stuff that lets you apply it to all enemies via attack speed. But I don't think you need items for that. Also, saying aghs is the only contribution he can give in fights is not true. Debuffing the hero that gets initiated on can be huge, especially against arrows, lasso etc. Then you heal your carry throughout the fight.

Hmm. The urn, vlads, agh's all seem like you are building him support, but the S&Y is a carry/semi-carry item. It seems like kind of a confused build. I take it when you say items that take advantage of the passive you mean stuff that lets you apply it to all enemies via attack speed. But I don't think you need items for that. Also, saying aghs is the only contribution he can give in fights is not true. Debuffing the hero that gets initiated on can be huge, especially against arrows, lasso etc. Then you heal your carry throughout the fight.

It's frustrating when a competent Abaddon applies shield and coil to your focused target when you thought you are about to get the kill

Shengar

Holy shit, the result of 1 year hiatus from Doto really rusting all of my skill. I actually forget to activate blademail for about 5 minutes. Holy fuck, I don't want to hiatus from Dota ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom