• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ez rares Na'vi fanboys

641.gif

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Dat invoker! Dat Doom! When did doom get so popular among pro teams? I used to see him pick a little bit but now its DOOM very single game.

FACE

Banned
Dat invoker! Dat Doom! When did doom get so popular among pro teams? I used to see him pick a little bit but now its DOOM very single game.

From what I've seen(not much) Doom has always been a tier 2 pick, so he has always been somewhat popular.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Think I'm betting on EG for their game. 4.50 Values on the line. New trade offer system makes it possible to bet with my phone too, which is nice.

FACE

Banned
I think this was the first time I've seen a Quas Wex Invoker transition that well into the late game, so I guess not buying an Orchid is really damned good.

Radec

XBOCT played amazing in that game. Sure he got alot of deaths but thats by getting focused fired by everyone in NAR. His farm is ridiculous that game.

Guys, what is the best duo to teach the game to somebody who is new?

A friend of mine is installing the game for the first time, so I will show him the basics, what hero can he choose? and what can I choose to cover his back meanwhile he learns?

aeolist

Banned
XBOCT played amazing in that game. Sure he got alot of deaths but thats by getting focused fired by everyone in NAR. His farm is ridiculous that game.

yeah outfarming a lycan the whole game when he mostly had a tower lead was pretty crazy, and he survived at least a few times when he should have died

funnik carried though, that doom turned it almost every time. nar'vi supports should have rushed linkens

Chris R

Thanks a lot!!

I hope he likes the genre, first time he is going to try a MOBA.

There may be other suggestions, I just like sniper for first timers because he has only two skills, is ranged (harder to die) and comes with a stun built in.

Heal him up and have him build a Maelstorm for an ez gaem

Chris R

Sniper isn't THAT fragile. I just think his range is the best thing a new player could use, give them reaction time to get away from bad things.

Carlius

Banned
Sniper isn't THAT fragile. I just think his range is the best thing a new player could use, give them reaction time to get away from bad things.

i honestly dont think you learn anything playing with sniper. his long range is nice, but hes so easy to just kill, rape and murder up close. i dont think you learn anything by playing drow or viper either.

Lich is nice for beginners, at least I like him a lot. Constant mana, item independent, spammable spells, no specific combos to learn, doesn't need to be close to fights, useful even if only eating creeps and keeping up frost armor. That said, he is fragile and has no direct escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom