• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

gfxK8OB.jpg

For whatever reason, this kills me.

elyetis

Lol seems so true.

But at least I can understand 'a little' his choice when he has an hero with an escape like with weaver, but his first death in this game was him solo on bot lane, under the ennemi tower with doom.
I don't even know if I ever saw him actually play safe just because the ennemy team was missing.

inkls

Lol seems so true.

But at least I can understand 'a little' his choice when he has an hero with an escape like with weaver, but his first death in this game was him solo on bot lane, under the ennemi tower with doom.
I don't even know if I ever saw him actually play safe just because the ennemy team was missing.

His first death in the previous game was as ursa diving a bristle.

Shinypogs

What is it about Magnus that makes him so problematic for a lot of players? I don't understand how he can be more complex than say Invoker and landing stuff where you want it with him? Is it just that some pros don't play him enough so when they occasionally do they are rusty?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is it about Magnus that makes him so problematic for a lot of players? I don't understand how he can be more complex than say Invoker and landing stuff where you want it with him? Is it just that some pros don't play him enough so when they occasionally do they are rusty?

Game sense.

It's not about execution, but knowing when to go in, when to hold off, etc.

xanavi

Not that Brax didn't make mistakes but it's tough to get RPs when you're behind and the other team is expecting it. It's a lot easier to counter-initiate with an RP than it is to initiate in my opinion.

Wok

Lol seems so true.

His first death in the previous game was as ursa diving a bristle.

While diving like this is bad at the trench level, I can understand how important it could be at the pro level: it is like fighting a Pudge and not knowing where he is on the map, it is unsettling and you tend to play safe, go to base and heal, etc. With divers, you never know whether you are safe and he is mad, or whether he is ballsy and you are going to die.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That might've actually been the worst competitive Magnus I've ever seen. Literally no impact.

S4's Magnus in Alliance vs VG in WPC a few days ago was pretty crappy too.

I wonder if its going to hurt for teams to be involved in all these tournaments before TI4, like Fnatic is not going to have a real chance to bootcamp this year, they have to keep flying around.

Nymerio

This game can be so frustrating at times :(

Last game: Cliff jungling NP and a Dark Seer + Sand King offlane. Asked for SK to come top and got no reaction, later on he jungled with his epicenter while NP finally starts to split push at the 25 minute mark and promptly dies the anti-mage :(

S4's Magnus in Alliance vs VG in WPC a few days ago was pretty crappy too.

I wonder if its going to hurt for teams to be involved in all these tournaments before TI4, like Fnatic is not going to have a real chance to bootcamp this year, they have to keep flying around.
Oh I missed that game, Alliance sometimes forces the Magnus pick even if he doesn't fit in so him having a shitty game on it once in a while doesn't surprise me.

Quesa

It's like I get this tick whenever I see a bunch of STR heroes and no Timber against them, regardless of team comp

the tick is acting up pretty bad rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom