• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh my fucking god, I figured it out.
osyu0.jpg

Andrew+Scott+as+Jim+Moriarty+on+Sherlock+The+Great+Game.png
That's how he gets away with chewing so much scenery with his suits and antics. He's fucking MORIARTY.

Frostbite does less damage when maxed, and that's considering 1 target only.

A level 7 hero offering only a 3s disable in a team fight is pretty sad. Only max it if you are roaming a lot and won't fight for a while. Also, the duration on creeps is the same for every level.

But frostbite does 280 damage on a single target, crystal nova 250. And while the aoe damage of crystal nova is a better for teamfights, I would argue frostbite is much more valuable for early ganks or even taking down someone in your lane.

Nymerio

So does anyone think we will see a 6.81c patch?

Dunno, but I'm thinking that the next big patch will go live after TI4 and that they'll pull a 'one more thing' and announce that the patch will go live after the ending ceremony or the next day. Would be cool.

Acinixys

But frostbite does 280 damage on a single target, crystal nova 250. And while the aoe damage of crystal nova is a better for teamfights, I would argue frostbite is much more valuable for early ganks or even taking down someone in your lane.

Single target root is pretty shit vs HUGE AOE nuke + slow

I play a shitload of CM and i usually go 2 1 2 1 at lvl 6

Unless im roaming a lot then I go 2 2 1 1

PS: People that dont skill CMs ult at level 6 are super retarded. Ive gotten multiple triple kills and up in early team fights because enemies blow all their stuns on the carry and then leave you to pop a full duration ult in their faces

i've got a dumb amount of dota played and still prefer wasd camera control over mouse pan.
The dota gods have granted me some mercy and gave me crystal maiden as my daily hero. I do have a question about her skillbuild though. Most guides recommend maxing crystal nova over frostbite, why is that? Frostbite does more damage, costs less mana, has less cooldown and is overall a more significant disable. The only advantages of maxing crystal nova is that it's area of effect damage and has a longer range (+aoe range), but is that enough?

easier to get the damage applied without being out of position. sometimes i don't have boots before i max one or the other, almost never have a positioning item.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Back when I first started playing Maiden I thought frostbite was the best thing since sliced bread. Now I almost always go nova first. 3.5 sec of slow at level 1 that you can cast from a mile away is so much nicer than 1.5 sec of disable.

Zeth

I mainly use camera drag - I've never been able to efficiently utilize edge pan even after trying several different settings. Just doesn't feel right I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom