• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is this the most balanced Dota has ever been?

there's no one or two teams dominating, we've seen the big teams taking wins on each other. TI4 will be crazy.

I'm a total DK fanboy, but they'll have a hard time taking this one. Most of the big teams are so good.

I think it's also a TI that is taking place comparitively soon after a major balance overhaul, so a lot of teams are experimenting.

That's not to take away from the ever incrementally amazing job Valve has being doing ever since Dota 2 entered beta. I'm pretty sure the tools and framework feeding into spreadsheets and data is letting IceFrog&team make even more informed decisions than AllStars ever afforded by a large margin.

edit: Also Na'vi's usual pre-TI throwing :V

Wok

How are we supposed to know when the next game is scheduled when the official schedule is more than an hour off?

Sunday 15 June
14:00 – GAME F: Cloud 9 vs. Game E Winner – BO3
16:30 – GAME G: Team Empire vs. Game C Winner – BO3 (next game)
19:00 – GAME I: Game F Loser vs. Game G Loser – BO3
22:30 – GAME H: Game F Winner vs. Game G Winner – BO3

zeP89xx.jpg

Wok

I cannot help but remember the reactions to my polemical statement about pocket strats being kept secret last April. Maybe I was wrong, but maybe Alliance and Na'Vi are not that bad.

stop fanboying. What team is going to save pocket strats when there's that large of a prize pool available? They're not as strong a team as you think they are, Empire is better, EG is better, DK is better. Hell, I think even Newbee is better. Dota's an ever changing game, and different teams have different patches or playstyles that they excel at.

Also like Anbokrs been saying there's going to be a new patch before TI4, so having something up your sleeve that will most likely get dismantled because one of the core heroes got drastically changed makes no sense.

Alliance is a washed up team, only good players are Akke, EGM, and s4. Puppeys been super slacking, and so has funn1k.

Maybe Tinker Beastmaster, SingSing Meepo, no-Midas blink maelstrom orchid NP were already known last April, maybe not, I have no idea. Let us hope we see more pocket strats as TI4 approaches.

G.ZZZ

Get DC from a game for no reasons., can't RC , good job valve shitty servers. As if i wasn't nervous enough today. Now i can't even RC to steam, what the fuck is this shit.

EDIT: got an abandon obv, volvo how many million dollars do you need before i can get a functional server ? Fuck you

Wok

So, after this game, no more Midas and Shadow Blade on NP, but Treads, Maelstrom, Orchid and Blink Dagger. Finally, Hex. It is about time the gameplay of this hero becomes interesting. No more boring jungle farming and rat pushing.

o3SIXbL.jpg

Razzer

Bloody hell, RTZ and his habits are an esports phenomenon at this point, even the SC2 stage is playing his music as a joke :/

Quesa

So, after this game, no more Midas and Shadow Blade on NP, but Treads, Maelstrom, Orchid and Blink Dagger. Finally, Hex. It is about time the gameplay of this hero becomes interesting. No more boring jungle farming and rat pushing.

o3SIXbL.jpg

All those items help you rat though.

I'm sorry but you're not bulldog, and you're not surrounded by alliance. The midas, shadowblade, necro is standard because it works. The blink orchid stuff was working because they had a wisp mostly.

If you want to be more active in ganks you can do that solely through skills (you can teleport anywhere on the map!) it doesn't even matter what items you pick.

Absolutely experiment with item builds and try new stuff, but don't treat a one time pro build as a easy instant win in pubs and the future of the hero.

I'd love to be proven wrong though, he's one of my favorite heroes and shaking up what people build on stuff is always fun.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

o3SIXbL.jpg

NP will always be a rat, mjolnir is great for clearing out waves and people are realizing that blink > SB on pretty much every single hero now.

I'm still in the dark ages because I love SB so much, but blink is far superior at this point. That item definitely needs a minor nerf to keep it in line with its competitors or SB just needs a slight buff.

And NP has always been interesting, rat or not. There's a lot of trickery, timing, and game sense that goes into split-push dota and distilling into "ZOMG RAT" is about as worse as the dudes on playdota that scream "DEAAATHBALL!! POWERCREEP! DEATHBALL POWERRRRCREEP!" every single patch. Not to mention NP always makes the early game interesting as he tp's around the map securing kills.

Low Tier
I cannot help but remember the reactions to my polemical statement about pocket strats being kept secret last April. Maybe I was wrong, but maybe Alliance and Na'Vi are not that bad.

Maybe Tinker Beastmaster, SingSing Meepo, no-Midas blink maelstrom orchid NP were already known last April, maybe not, I have no idea. Let us hope we see more pocket strats as TI4 approaches.

I'm sorry but beating one or two teams that dont even look that strong for ti4 doesn't mean anything. These aren't even pocket strats much less adaptations to the current meta with Alliance's old Syllabear/Furion reliant strats. Tinker Beastmaster's been a thing that Liquid and IG run every now and then, and C9 is notorious for only winning by doing gimmicky strats.

Stop trying to take Sheever's spot and realize that Alliance is horribly over-hyped at the moment (if anyone still hypes them at all).

Do people dislike "rat" pushing because it is broken?

I saw some non-pro game do a complete 180, because a Tinkerer on the Dire got Boots of Travel and basically did split pushing and managed to win the entire thing for his team.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do people dislike "rat" pushing because it is broken?

I saw some non-pro game do a complete 180, because a Tinkerer on the Dire got Boots of Travel and basically did split pushing and managed to win the entire thing for his team.
No, because it's soul-crushing to play against and to watch. It enables some very amazing turnarounds, but the payoff, as a viewer and as a player, is not always worth it, unless you're on the winning team.

It's like an ultimatum: "No more fun from this point on, we're going to grind you down and whoever slips up first loses."

No, because it's soul-crushing to play against and to watch. It enables some very amazing turnarounds, but the payoff, as a viewer and as a player, is not always worth it, unless you're on the winning team.

So it is soul-crushing to play against because it can completely turn a game around? If it can so easily turn a game around what makes it not broken?

Also what should I be using for my camera settings now that I'm not longer using WASD for camera and instead using my mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom