• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Motherfucking Valve I bought an Armory Expander YESTERDAY
Paid $5 for 120 slots and now you can have 240 for $.89?
Fuck my life

After a week of terrible games in pubs there's nothing like a match where you end up even in kills but still stomp. Decimating purely through laning decisions and map control is so satisfying.

Aselith

Log on to my steam account from work to buy some armory expanders go through the whole 2-step verification.... "to protect your account barred from trading for seven days blah blah."

Dat help

Couple of Dota questions!

1) How can i determine which lane to go to? When i played Warlock i had someone tell me to go mid, but in my other matches i just kinda winged it.

2) Is there a hotkey to instantly snap camera focus back to my hero? In league and dawngate it's spacebar. I couldn't seem to find which option it'd be in the keybindings. I kept getting disoriented in fights because i'd accidentally switch to my warlock's pet or my spiderling and then try to get back to my hero and end up running around uselessly.

shira

iBKjMmXPQjW9c.png

So for Zeph to qualify they would need to create a 9-way tie for 2nd place. With Arrow at 8-1. This exact sequence of Wins-Losses will give them a shot

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1) How can i determine which lane to go to? When i played Warlock i had someone tell me to go mid, but in my other matches i just kinda winged it.
You should ask. It comes down to team composition and where everyone else is going. Here is a quick run down from the perspective of Radiant:

Top AKA Short Lane AKA Suicide Lane: Support, semi carry
Mid: Ganker/initiator/Farmer
Bottom AKA Long Lane AKA Safe Lane: Support, hard carry

As Warlock, you have two different roles. You can be Support. Or you can be Initiator (with your Golem). In the game where you went mid, you were playing Initiator.

Another useful nomenclature is "1-5 roles", which rank heroes based on their farm priority, with 1 being the highest and who gets most farm, and 5 being the lowest/ward bitch. Using that, laning is typically:

Top: 3, 4
Mid: 2
Bottom: 1, 5

When a jungle is present:

Top: 4
Mid: 2/3
Bottom: 1, 5
Jungle: 2/3

In a defensive trilane:

Top: 3
Mid: 2
Bottom: 1, 4, 5

In an offensive trilane:

Top: 1/2, 4, 5
Mid: 1/2
Bottom: 3

2) Is there a hotkey to instantly snap camera focus back to my hero? In league and dawngate it's spacebar. I couldn't seem to find which option it'd be in the keybindings. I kept getting disoriented in fights because i'd accidentally switch to my warlock's pet or my spiderling and then try to get back to my hero and end up running around uselessly.
There's a binding under Unit Actions called Select Hero. Double tapping whatever you bind that too will center the camera over your hero. Generally, double tapping some sort of unit selection snaps your camera to it.

FACE

Banned
http://i.minus.com/iBKjMmXPQjW9c.png[IMG]

So for Zeph to qualify they would need to create a 9-way tie for 2nd place. With Arrow at 8-1. This exact sequence of Wins-Losses will give them a shot[/QUOTE]

No way in hell Zephyr beats Arrow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have yet to get a backpack expanders. Valve plz, I have bought like 5 over the years and only have 60 slots left. I put items in the offering, one of which was even an incredibly rare Alphid courier.

Shinypogs

I tried it once and didn't understand Dota anymore. It's like an entirely different game I'm playing.

I watched Dendi play Tinker today, it was ridiculous watching him just hop about the map and then back to the fountain every few seconds. He didn't seem to be having fun either, he's very vocal about preferring to fight/kill people.

It was possibly educational though. At one point in an earlier game he was talking about how he died because the sand king on his team opted to channel his ult from the trees instead of stunning the enemies chasing Dendi. SK ulti did kill an enemy hero in return though though it was Dendi's DK dying vs a return kill on a rubick I think. Dendi was saying to the chat that sometimes players get too focused on ulting when a stun/ disables actually the correct move in certain situations. To be fair to the SK I can't tell if he was just frustrated he died or if he genuinely felt a burrowstrike to save him was better than epicenter at that moment

they took my offering and i didn't get anything in return. what the fuck

i only had commons in there iirc but that's some bullshit

edit: oh the reward is points this time. w/e

Nirvana

all my offerings...
i got 2 armory expander and 1 25-comp points

check the prices of the armory expander on the market, and the prices crashed the fuck down

looks like everyone got armory expanders, fucking dumb

I didn't get any items at all for my offering...was that supposed to happen?

Arkanius

Guys, enter in full panic mode.
I still haven't done my qualifier predictions (Other than Mirana being the most picked hero)
datdota.com never did a blog post.

HELP

shira

Dream is dead

Guys, enter in full panic mode.
I still haven't done my qualifier predictions (Other than Mirana being the most picked hero)
datdota.com never did a blog post.

HELP

Somebody on reddit will have the most likely scenario next week. Just follow that for maximum pointage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom