• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

I keep bracing waiting for that forced 50 to hit.

4ji9MVX.jpg

Anno

So what is this auto spectate button? Can I just click that and leave Dota running while I'm at work for extra drops?

Zeth

There's a button now? And yeah if that's the case you can do that.

Yep - tournaments tab.

Guess this doesn't work for past tournaments? Last I checked some of the Starladder matches were still available, really wanted to level that Lich set.

Dares

Bought the new Disruptor mount on the market for .20.

Sometimes it's nice to have a favorite hero who isn't played much (in potato tier pubs).

Sibylus

Banned
Catching up after a long, exhausting, and discouraging day. Bummed to hear TL lost, but it warms my heart a little to hear Drow won one.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Are fantasy league tickets still bugged?

I'm trying to create one, but all it shows on right click is "use with"

Guru-Guru

Banned
Is it just me, or does SEA server have a ridiculous number of leavers? Only played 15 games on SEA server since moving to Japan (small sample size), but almost all of them have had leavers within the first 10 minutes.

So I got the Shoomling

Valve has left me in an awkward spot.
Use the Flowering Treants because they're valuable
Or use the adorable and awesome Shroomling I've waited for since it was on the workshop

These are the real important questions a Dota player asks themselves.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I got the Shoomling

Or use the adorable and awesome Shroomling I've waited for since it was on the workshop

Fuck value, use what looks best.

So I got the Shoomling

You have played too much TF2 if you're actually worried about using stuff based on value.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I got the Shoomling

3) Never play NP anyway so who cares

I really hope this single item chest works out. I like the idea of 2 items for 99 cents, although I don't see the point in two chests versus just putting everything into one...

Ketch

I really hope this single item chest works out. I like the idea of 2 items for 99 cents, although I don't see the point in two chests versus just putting everything into one...

better chance of getting the item you want. I wish they'd split it up into 16 chests and just let me buy the items i like for .50 each

better chance of getting the item you want. I wish they'd split it up into 16 chests and just let me buy the items i like for .50 each

I'm so used to TF2 chests with 50-100 items in them. Dota 2 should try a 50 item chest once, just to see if it works as well as it does in TF2.

Also I'm very happy most of these items have lore! Haven't had that in awhile!

Manus

Sweet got the Pudge hook and NP treant. If I got them after only three chests, I wonder how rare these actually are.

I suddenly have two Armory Expanders, what?!

Apparently if you've used expanders in the past, you get some freebies to make up for them increasing them

But I just used one last week and haven't gotten anything, so I don't really know

Alternately, some think they may be offering rewards

FACE

Banned
Apparently if you've used expanders in the past, you get some freebies to make up for them increasing them

But I just used one last week and haven't gotten anything, so I don't really know

Alternately, some think they may be offering rewards

I never used them.

If this was an offering reward then I got extremely lucky, because I offered a bunch of worhtless stuff :)

So i'm fairly new to Dota, but is there a way to ensure i get english speaking teammates? I have my region set to US east (US west has a bad ping for me), and my language preference is set to english, but in every game i've had today so far i've had at least 2 non-english speaking teammates. I've done pretty well so far in games, the only 2 i did really poorly on were brood mother and warlock.

ksan

So i'm fairly new to Dota, but is there a way to ensure i get english speaking teammates? I have my region set to US east (US west has a bad ping for me), and my language preference is set to english, but in every game i've had today so far i've had at least 2 non-english speaking teammates. I've done pretty well so far in games, the only 2 i did really poorly on were brood mother and warlock.

nope, there's no way to ensure that
but remember, if you're thinking about "oh i got a shit team" or "damn these guys queue for english but they speak southern chinese germanic swahili", it's just as likely that those players are in the enemy team next game, so it's gonna even out in the long run
the best way is obviously to focus on your own play if that happens (not saying that im good at that)

shira

Find 4 friends to play with. . . sorry there is no region locking.

Anony

all my offerings...
i got 2 armory expander and 1 25-comp points

check the prices of the armory expander on the market, and the prices crashed the fuck down

looks like everyone got armory expanders, fucking dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom