• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Eliminated in Qualifiers already, damn. RIP Scythe. Definitely the disappointment of all these qualifier games so far :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not sure if actually mad.
People gotta eat and YouTube brings in more, just good upfront spending money.

? this is the equivalent of me selling singing lessons for $60 despite having no qualifications whatsoever

might as well pay freakinchair to coach you in dota, you'll probably get more value

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What's the issue if people are willing to pay $60 to learn from you?

There's no issue it's just hilarious and mind boggling, and to me is the equivalent of paying $60 to learn from kingraven.

just blows my mind is all, if you desperately want dota coaching and are willing to pay, why not pay some some ex-pro like synderyn $25 an hour (I think I've seen a few advertising for this) than pay a 4k mmr pubstar (not even really pubstar status?). I'm sure plenty of 4k mmr purge-equivalents will gladly coach for free as well.

There's also no issue with giving me some cash to sell you a bridge, pst if anyone is interested.

Ultimatum

Banned
What's the issue if people are willing to pay $60 to learn from you?

consumers should be informed of their options, there are plenty of people on reddit who offer to coach for free, and having watched Purge's coaching, you won't be missing out on anything

edit: or ex-pros like synderen if you want high quality coaching at top level

? this is the equivalent of me selling singing lessons for $60 despite having no qualifications whatsoever

might as well pay freakinchair to coach you in dota, you'll probably get more value

Tbf I'd imagine a big part of why people are willing to pay Purge for coaching is that they're fans of his and thus are willing to pay to be able to spend time with him. Actual learning is probably a secondary benefit.

Wok

I need these.

SzJCUOH.png

Full collection: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Dota2_PW_Figures.jpg

I cannot find the Genuine Witch Staff in there. Or the Toad Totem.

Edit: It does not appear here ( http://www.ongamers.com/articles/dota-2-13th-may-patch-content-analysis/1100-1455/ ) but there ( http://dota2.gamepedia.com/May_13,_2014_Patch ).

Shinypogs

If I had sixty bucks to blow on lessons I might as well throw it at the dotagaf thread and have one of you yell at me for an hour.

I do like Purge's patience though, he can be critical of the people he's coaching without teasing too hard or being outright aggressive about mistakes. I can see why that style of coaching and the mild banter you sometimes get can be appealing. Different people need different teaching styles to learn from regardless of who has the most knowledge to give.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If I had sixty bucks to blow on lessons I might as well throw it at the dotagaf thread and have one of you yell at me for an hour.

I do like Purge's patience though, he can be critical of the people he's coaching without teasing too hard or being outright aggressive about mistakes. I can see why that style of coaching and the mild banter you sometimes get can be appealing. Different people need different teaching styles to learn from regardless of who has the most knowledge to give.

Just join an inhouse and you can get yelled at to your hearts content for free.

------

What you mention about the patience though is nice to have if you are looking for a coach. Purge may not be a top tier pro player, but he is pretty good and he has the patience to help people out. ie, the hundreds of guide videos on his YouTube channel.

I have had coaching from a friend, a friend that let's his anger get the best of him easily, and it doesn't make for a good experience. He's ~4k mmr to my 1.7k. Sure I learned a bit about mechanics and such, but at the cost of getting my ears torn off at every mistake. Not even worth it when it's free.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Have you seen the people he coaches?

And it's more notice time with purge-senpai than coaching. Calling it coaching just makes you feel better about what you spent.

iamblades

For all the purge/zephyr hate, gotta remember that MVP is currently stomping through the qualifiers and up until lately Zephyr was dominating them repeatedly. They are still a top 30 or so team in the world even given the bad performance in the qualifiers.

That said, Zephyr certainly needs to figure out how to get more done with their supports, the butt naked 0 farm support style does not work at all in the current meta.

JustinBB7

My compendium says I watched 10 qualifier matches, but I only watched the gd studio couch stream really. Do they count as well via twitch? I dunno what channels count for that, I thought it was just drops but I guess it counts views as well then?

G.ZZZ

Wow MVP actually placed 2nd in the SEA qualifiers? What the hell happened to that scene, legit worse than NA scene now.

Ultimatum

Banned
valve is lazy as fuck, we've known this for a while now. all their staff have given up on development and turned into economists

For all the purge/zephyr hate, gotta remember that MVP is currently stomping through the qualifiers and up until lately Zephyr was dominating them repeatedly. They are still a top 30 or so team in the world even given the bad performance in the qualifiers.

That said, Zephyr certainly needs to figure out how to get more done with their supports, the butt naked 0 farm support style does not work at all in the current meta.

Being bad doesn't fit into current meta

I don't know why you are trying to defend them, their members have zero talent apart from sexy bamboe.

They went to the Korean scene and did well, but now Koreans are learning the game and improving rapidly. Zephyr aren't even on the same level as MVP any more.

Zephyr aren't a top 30 team, and their ranking will only fall.

Fucking Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepo.

I thought meepo was doomed because ember was drafted

but why does ember have mjollnir

Wok

What is a good damage-dealing late game build for a farmed Nature's Prophet?

Td8xk3b.jpg

I had Mjollnir, Butterfly, Daedalus, Rapier, Vladimir and Power Treads. I sold Vladimir for another Rapier. Then which item should I sell for a third rapier? Daedalus? Treads? Even selling Vladimir instead of Daedalus might not have been the greatest idea.

ksan

what a dissapointment scythe's performance has been, were really hoping that they'd get top 4 before it started

at least the meepo play was fun to watch

myrares

Banned
What is a good damage-dealing late game build for a farmed Nature's Prophet?

Td8xk3b.jpg

I had Mjollnir, Butterfly, Daedalus, Rapier, Vladimir and Power Treads. I sold Vladimir for another Rapier. Then which item should I sell for a third rapier? Daedalus? Treads? Even selling Vladimir instead of Daedalus might not have been the greatest idea.

I really dislike it when people ask what is the best item build. Everything is subjective. Maybe you should get a bkb, mkb, book 3 or deso. Who knows?

Wok

I really dislike it when people ask what is the best item build. Everything is subjective. Maybe you should get a bkb, mkb, book 3 or deso. Who knows?

This is why I ask for late game damage-dealing? In this particular case, I just want to push hard.

This is the ennemy team, no threat even if they try to defend 5 vs 2-3 as long as Lifestealer is shut down fast:

g0H4yV1.jpg

iamblades

valve is lazy as fuck, we've known this for a while now. all their staff have given up on development and turned into economists

I don't know why you are trying to defend them, their members have zero talent apart from sexy bamboe.

They went to the Korean scene and did well, but now Koreans are learning the game and improving rapidly. Zephyr aren't even on the same level as MVP any more.

I thought meepo was doomed because ember was drafted

but why does ember have mjollnir

There aren't that many good teams when you really get down to counting them out.

Also while bamboe may have the most mechanical skill on the team, he also is notorious for his questionable decision making.

I'm also not saying they are on the same level as MVP any more, but would MVP have improved this rapidly to the point where they are now in good position to make TI without Zephyr's competition?

Also why does everyone think AOE damage is the way to counter meepo anyway. It may be early game before he has hp, but it's aoe lockdown that is important. You only need to kill one of them, you just need to keep the rest from destroying you while you do.

Sure sure.

So Zephyr has no chance to improve? No way to learn and get better? So much hate, where is it all coming from.

elyetis

They were busing delivering us new hero during the past few month.
( I kind of like the hud, just the top part of it seems 'lazy' )

kvk1

Just finished watching the replay of that Zephyr/Sychte game.

The amount of work Bamboe did in that match will go down in the Annals of Rubickness.

brew is actually pretty fun. I had to do him for the compendium but I think I might play him more often, especially since I lost that game.

His fast default walkspeed is fun during lanes and his ult is just a furious panic of pressing tab and mashing on buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom