• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Conceptor

Is anyone putting together Must Watch lists for each day? I've only been able to watch the last game of each day
I don't know if anyone on GAF is doing so, but there's a person on reddit rounding stuff up neatly. He's been more or less on point with the must-watch matches thus far.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2ahmq1/the_international_2014_playoffs_day_4_results/

The GAF guild chat is amazing.

You guys are amazing.

highfive.gif

Man the party matchmaking feels so off to me..

Usually play by myself and end up with about 50% of games as wins.

Play with two friends and we just get stomped over and over again.

Could be bad picks, gameplay or whatever.. but it seems like there's something off when you get in a group any larger than 2.

Most likely because it'll try to match you with other parties instead of a team of solo queuers, which means generally the other team will be more organized.

xanavi

Man the party matchmaking feels so off to me..

Usually play by myself and end up with about 50% of games as wins.

Play with two friends and we just get stomped over and over again.

Could be bad picks, gameplay or whatever.. but it seems like there's something off when you get in a group any larger than 2.

I agree, when my stack of goons gets matched vs any combination of milk/bokr/pro/gofu you just know shit's fucked. Forced fiddy is real.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Game 1:
Let's do a daily! Yeah! Warlock just auto wins games how hard can it be?
LET0kYM.png

Game 2:
Pick the hardest and safe carry possible in RD. Type: I DON'T TRUST ANY OF YOU into team chat before picks start. First pick Void. Proceed to watch as your team feeds 5-0, then 10-3 with all three kills from my chronos.

WHY IS TEAM SO HEAVY
h6DY8Fo.png

Told SS and DK both to buy blinks to just kill Ember, got one. If enemy team picked Raptor I think we just lose.
All my Chronos were Ti4 winning tier. Sogood.
Sf7BAvC.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Just had a game on Aus servers with two guys screaming in some foreign language, they went dual mid, and fed a Pudge to 7-0 by 4 minutes. Fastest noob throw I've seen in a long. Thankfully one of them abandoned, but it was an awful ten minutes or so.

Reckoner

Wow, daily hero was Pugna. This hero is just great or was I lucky? I mean, it was a good counter pick for their line up, but I just enjoyed playing with Pugna. It was the first time and it feels like a badass hero that pushes really good and can create great danger against a caster heavy team, which was the case.

Woah, antimage is pretty awesome

Shame about the lack of AoE or ranged attacks, but having Blink somewhat negates the ranged problem at least

Guessing the Ult is pretty good for sweeping up after teamfights when they've burned their mana and hp

xanavi

Shame about the lack of AoE or ranged attacks, but having Blink somewhat negates the ranged problem at least

Guessing the Ult is pretty good for sweeping up after teamfights when they've burned their mana and hp

If you're good at paying attention to the enemy team's spell usage and mana then you can use it early on in fights for a big AOE nuke and crush those squishy int heroes standing next to each other. Try to avoid using it on just one lone hero if you have the option.

vnboQ.jpg
Good 2 days for me. Well only mode I play is AD, and I have been having the worst luck in picking phase. Would be so much more fun the mode if they remove those stupidly out of balance shit like they did with Meepo. or give concede option, but I know that would be too much for Dota purists out there. :p4

Edit. im doing soemthing wrong or you cant spoiler tag images?

Ghazi

Can you seriously not trade the Compendium after buying one for yourself? I had someone gift one to me and I am gifting it back to return the favor... and I can't do it until the 20th.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, wtf Valve. I kinda just want my money back, now.

Can you seriously not trade the Compendium after buying one for yourself? I had someone gift one to me and I am gifting it back to return the favor... and I can't do it until the 20th.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, wtf Valve. I kinda just want my money back, now.
If you haven't used the market before or recently switched cards it restricts your trading. It's to prevent scammers and stuff.

Ghazi

If you haven't used the market before or recently switched cards it restricts your trading. It's to prevent scammers and stuff.

*sigh*

I added money to my account for the first time ever to do this quickly, it's really frustrating this happened. I understand the reasoning, but man is it really depressing. Now, I just surprised the person with telling them I bought it and couldn't give it to them and I wasted my money because they'll have it by the time I can trade it...

Is there a way to get a refund? I already regret adding money... kinda don't want to mess with that any more for Steam.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
*sigh*

I added money to my account for the first time ever to do this quickly, it's really frustrating this happened. I understand the reasoning, but man is it really depressing. Now, I just surprised the person with telling them I bought it and couldn't give it to them and I wasted my money because they'll have it by the time I can trade it...

Is there a way to get a refund? I already regret adding money... kinda don't want to mess with that any more for Steam.
I don't know. Just don't charge back, Valve will ban you or something.

MadGear

Damn, i accidentally "scammed" someone via SteamEP. Just noticed that someone who send me a trade offer asked for a 2013 card of Ferrari_430 instead of a 2014 card :/

MadGear

Guess not. I tried to write him a message by placing a counter offer asking if this trade was intended but because i didn't change anything with the original offer it accepted the trade instead of sending the counter offer. Now i feel bad and actually added him as friend to redo the trade, but doesn't seem he wants to add me.

€: OK talked to him. Seemed it was a mistake after all but he didn't want to redo the trade.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Did not expect Fnatic and Alliance to be one game away from elim.

This is an exciting International indeed.

Top Bottom