• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

manfestival

What's that?

The medium camp next to the hard camp on the dire side had this one tree that you can cut which kinda creates a little tunnel which ends up blocking all the other creeps (as long as they aren't ranged) from attacking you. Which allows you to kill the creeps as the same speed and take a fraction of the damage.

I would have to show you which tree but I use my quelling blade on it all the time and it saves me so much effort. Like if you were to take quelling blade to the side where the heavy camp is, you can see the one tree just chilling there. Where all the other rows have 2 or more trees.

Why has Chen fallen out of favor so much? He provides so much more utility than Skywrath.
I think that has to do with the surge of brewmaster play and that skywrath is a nice counter for him.

BB's int gain is so high I just get a naked Sage mask and hardly have an issue.

Sure you can build it into something else.. I prefer to save up for another item rather than buy single target armor reduction.

Aselith

Why has Chen fallen out of favor so much? He provides so much more utility than Skywrath.

He's a good pusher early but falls off precipitously in the late game. A heal is always appreciated but well nigh useless at 40 minutes. A 6 second silence is always good. A 1600 damage nuke is always good. A 4 second slow is always good.

Wok

Cross-posting because I don't believe VG is necessarily top 2.

VG will be top 2 but I still fancy either EG/DK/iG against them on phase 3. I also think EG will stay top 2 too.

Why say VG would be top 2? They lost twice, to EG and Navi.

Because they are 9-2 and no other team is better than 9-2?

What is the point of being 9-2 when you lose against top teams like Navi and EG?

I mean for instance, who cares if Navi was beaten by Navi.US? Is that loss of any significance? No, because it is only Bo1 (unreliable score), and because Navi.US is going to be eliminated anyway (some teams are no threat, especially in a bo3 or a bo5).

That's just how the group stage plays out. I'm pretty sure NaVi cares that they lost to NARVi if it puts them in a terrible spot for the main event (if they make it). You want to win as many games as possible, period.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Er, the Top 2 teams of the Round Robin go right to the main event and skip Phase 3. VG has the best score at the moment, and only have 4 more games to play.

Wok

Er, the Top 2 teams of the Round Robin go right to the main event and skip Phase 3. VG has the best score at the moment, and only have 4 more games to play.

Ah, ok, I read too fast. I thought people were saying top 2 as in VG would either win TI4 or finish 2nd.

Chris R

Cross-posting because I don't believe VG is necessarily top 2.

They might not be in the top 2 teams but right now their performance has them ranked #1 in the table. If they aren't a top 2 team they will lose at some point of the main event before the semifinals.

Do you just not understand how Round Robin qualifying works?

Wok

They might not be in the top 2 teams but right now their performance has them ranked #1 in the table. If they aren't a top 2 team they will lose at some point of the main event before the semifinals.

Do you just not understand how Round Robin qualifying works?

Well, English can be confusing, especially when top 2 does not refer to top 2 at the end of the tournament, but top 2 during the phase 2 of the playoff.

Chris R

Well, English can be confusing, especially when top 2 does not refer to top 2 at the end of the tournament, but top 2 during the phase 2.

Ah ok sorry, I just thought you knew that we are only talking about the phase 2 table.

Things basically "reset" after this, top 2 teams are automatically in the finals, other 8 teams fight it out for 6 slots in phase 3.

There was a small patch earlier today and now I'm getting a horrible frame rate. Use to get around 90 with max settings and now I'm getting around 15-20 FPS. Anyone else having this problem?

Kreunt

Banned
And I suck there because I can't sustain myself with just Stout shield, Tangoes and a Ring of Protection. I ALWAYS have to come back to base.
What am I doing wrong?

Eating the satyr creep that has the health regen aura helps a lot.
choke point jungling can help too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQUmVctbSUQ

edit: that guide is pretty old and im not sure if all the spots are still the same, i'll usually just use a tango to make spots where ever.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Blademail is good on Bristleback against certain heroes (Blademail is incredibly good against Skywrath, if you can blademail before the chrono, good against Razor as well). A lot heroes being picked also do massive AoE damage.

All it did was fix some audio issues with replays, it should have no effect on performance.

Well I've checked everything I know to and I have no idea what it could be. Spectated a few matches earlier in the day and it was fine. Closed the client for a while. Tried to play a few matches about an hour ago and just had a garbage frame rate since then.

Eliciel

TI4 Phase 2 just some thoughts after 3 days.

These picks through the board all seem very similar to each other I noted down a lot of picks by now. It seems there are just around ~35 heroes being picked on a regular basis during those three days. Others however are completely out of the game (where is gyro? etc.) It is pertty lame but there seem to be "better" picks in the hero pool overall. Tiny for example dominates a lot of games as carry. Especially when teamed up with whisp. This reminds me of whisp+alch combo 1-2 years ago.

Haven't seen razor beeing picked so often in Dota for a long of time it does seem that there are just "en vogue" heroes every TI and this seems by a margin being planned in advance.. Suddenly everyone picks those heroes. Evil Geniuses played Tiny+Whisp against Na'Vi destroyed them at ESLOne in Frankfurt few weeks later Na'Vi picks this combo wins 2 games in a row with this setup..sad but true. .you could basically cut down the hero pool to 30-40 heroes. No surprises anymore.

what do you think about this? Is there a recognizable trend during this TI4 for dominant picks/team setups?

TI4 Phase 2 just some thoughts after 3 days.

These picks through the board all seem very similar to each other I noted down a lot of picks by now. It seems there are just around ~35 heroes being picked on a regular basis during those three days. Others however are completely out of the game (where is gyro? etc.) It is pertty lame but there seem to be "better" picks in the hero pool overall. Tiny for example dominates a lot of games as carry. Especially when teamed up with whisp. This reminds me of whisp+alch combo 1-2 years ago.

Haven't seen razor beeing picked so often in Dota for a long of time it does seem that there are just "en vogue" heroes every TI and this seems by a margin being planned in advance.. Suddenly everyone picks those heroes. Evil Geniuses played Tiny+Whisp against Na'Vi destroyed them at ESLOne in Frankfurt few weeks later Na'Vi picks this combo wins 2 games in a row with this setup..sad but true. .you could basically cut down the hero pool to 30-40 heroes. No surprises anymore.

what do you think about this? Is there a recognizable trend during this TI4 for dominant picks/team setups?

Having to play many BO1s in a row and all of them against different teams probably skews the drafting decisions of the teams involved. Picks like razor/doom/skywrath/void are always going to find utility and aren't easily hard-countered in the game or in the draft. I think once we get to BO3s at the main event we'll see less of razor and skywrath atleast.

Eliciel

Having to play many BO1s in a row and all of them against different teams probably skews the drafting decisions of the teams involved. Picks like razor/doom/skywrath/void are always going to find utility and aren't easily hard-countered in the game or in the draft. I think once we get to BO3s at the main event we'll see less of razor and skywrath atleast.

Sounds reasonable. I'm really excited to see some Phantom Lancer, Sven, Dragon Knight etc. there is so much variety build in. Of course teams have to watch out for hard-counters in the end this is a professional competition. I get that. I just think a lot of heroes atm are fairly under-picked and hopefully we will see them as the competition moves further ahead.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well I've checked everything I know to and I have no idea what it could be. Spectated a few matches earlier in the day and it was fine. Closed the client for a while. Tried to play a few matches about an hour ago and just had a garbage frame rate since then.

They didn't apply anything during the day, they did it last night.

Hey can I trouble you guys for some advice? I'm running this game on my laptop but too often I'll have times when it's too taxing, my fan will start get loud, and the game chugs at like 6 fps and the only fix is restarting my whole computer. Just restarting Dota only makes it worse, actually. I'm currently sitting in the fountain while my friends are playing without me because the counter says 1 fps.

I've tried updating my drivers, changing my battery settings to high performance, lowering the graphics settings, and downloading this program called Razor Game Booster. All these things have made my games smoother, but I still end up having these chug episodes in the middle of a game and it's super frustrating. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey can I trouble you guys for some advice? I'm running this game on my laptop but too often I'll have times when it's too taxing, my fan will start get loud, and the game chugs at like 6 fps and the only fix is restarting my whole computer. Just restarting Dota only makes it worse, actually. I'm currently sitting in the fountain while my friends are playing without me because the counter says 1 fps.

I've tried updating my drivers, changing my battery settings to high performance, lowering the graphics settings, and downloading this program called Razor Game Booster. All these things have made my games smoother, but I still end up having these chug episodes in the middle of a game and it's super frustrating. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this?

Can you open it up and see if there is hair/dust/miscellany in the vent between the heatsink and the fan port? Back when I used a laptop I had heat/fan problems really bad until I opened it up and found like a small mammals worth of hair and dust in there.

Aselith

With all these Doom games:

Doom jungle vs Doom Lane.

Me honestly, prefer him in safe lane. I think he isn't really good in jungle. Or at least I suck with him, I can never sustain myself farming jungle

Solo off.

attachment.php

Mohasus

Sounds like throttling. Your notebook is overheating and then downclocks the CPU.

I still don't know what that actually *means* for us, but I'd like that ugly purple drow set to become droppable. because it's like $50 in the market and that's just fucking ridiculous.

Man the party matchmaking feels so off to me..

Usually play by myself and end up with about 50% of games as wins.

Play with two friends and we just get stomped over and over again.

Could be bad picks, gameplay or whatever.. but it seems like there's something off when you get in a group any larger than 2.

spk

Is anyone putting together Must Watch lists for each day? I've only been able to watch the last game of each day

Top Bottom