• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Zeknurn

Just checked some of his carry games and he can't last hit or farm for shit. Should never play carry again unless he practices some against bots. Surely that's not higher than 2200 MMR?

I see people at 3-4k mmr that can't last hit at all. The kicker is when you're stuck playing solo support to them and you know you don't have a late game.

I'm pretty bad at last hitting at 4.2k. Can't lane control at all.

How did you get that high? I'm slightly below and barely ever miss CS. I suppose I make tons of other mistakes in return. Regardless, I feel that farming and last hitting proportionally increases with MMR. It's clearly the most efficient way to drag oneself out of a low MMR.

I also barely ever gank as mid in spite of my side lanes request one. Just a waste of time unless it's a 100% sure thing.

Hylian7

So a question about something I've been seeing in TI4: Blade Mail Bristleback.

I remember everyone always said BMBB was historically bad because you WANT them to attack you, and Blade mail deters that. So what changed?

NBtoaster

How did you get that high? I'm slightly below and barely ever miss CS. I suppose I make tons of other mistakes in return. Regardless, I feel that farming and last hitting proportionally increases with MMR. It's clearly the most efficient way to drag oneself out of a low MMR.

I also barely ever gank as mid in spite of my side lanes request one. Just a waste of time unless it's a 100% sure thing.

I mostly play supports. I feel like theres a lot more than can go wrong if you play mid or carry. Playing support means you make sure that things can go right for your mid or carry.

Pratfall

I remember everyone always said BMBB was historically bad because you WANT them to attack you, and Blade mail deters that. So what changed?

Maybe the prevalence of skywrath? Dunno.

You want people to attack you but you also want to survive. Blade Mail also gives you some mana which is nice, and helps you survive the midgame.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just checked some of his carry games and he can't last hit or farm for shit. Should never play carry again unless he practices some against bots. Surely that's not higher than 2200 MMR?

Not much. My solo ranked is only like 2.6k.

I just got on another real winner of a team...

http://dotabuff.com/matches/770255472

This is solo queue for me. I'm literally the only person in my MMR tier that knows how to not feed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
lmao did that Ember sell his stuff and spam couriers or wards?

I don't think so. He started doing that thing where you stop cancel attacks and run around looking like you're dancing. Also he spammed well played all game even tho he was feeding just as bad as the shitty troll.

I love solo queuing so much.

kvk1

So, we're getting no pictures/videos from the GAF guys who actually went to TI?

Come on fellas, make us jealous.

I don't think so. He started doing that thing where you stop cancel attacks and run around looking like you're dancing. Also he spammed well played all game even tho he was feeding just as bad as the shitty troll.

I love solo queuing so much.

Dude, Dota 2 is the best.

I just wondered because he has an empty inventory. I'm a pretty bad griefer myself which is it immediately caught my eye.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Technically, Key Arena doesn't allow Cameras, so depending on how strict they are we actually may not get to many photos (Though maybe Valve will just tell them to stuff it)

Kade

y'all even trying????
sleeping.gif

H7BcIaG.png

ksan

Way back bristleback (the skill) was way more op.
Now the skill ain't that op, but warpath is fucking insane and actually makes his right clicks threatening.
So, before you couldn't kill a bb, now you have to kill him, therefore blade mail might be a good idea.

LiQuid!

Re: Blade mail on BB

I think the move away from having a single physical DPS core into more of a wombo combo/teamfight oriented meta also helps make that more viable. Just by simply being in a fight you're going to be taking damage from big ultimates so it probably has less to do with that Bristleback being focused down hard and more just him being in the shit.

Acinixys

Now the skill ain't that op, but warpath is fucking insane and actually makes his right clicks threatening.
So, before you couldn't kill a bb, now you have to kill him, therefore blade mail might be a good idea.

I heard in this very OT that Baldemail is shit on BB because if he pops BM and you hit him from behind you take the reduced damage

Demoli

BM is bad on BB cause you have a low health pool, his tankyness comes from a reduce %. Get a vanguard/Mek/Heart/AC/whatever, nthey'll almost always eb ebtter than a BM

Demoli

I like mek after vanguard and threads. You'll want a wand anyways so thet'll help with mana issues, and BB isn't mana restricted in general so Mek gives him good survivability and teamfight.

Arkanius

With all these Doom games:

Doom jungle vs Doom Lane.

Me honestly, prefer him in safe lane. I think he isn't really good in jungle. Or at least I suck with him, I can never sustain myself farming jungle

Technically, Key Arena doesn't allow Cameras, so depending on how strict they are we actually may not get to many photos (Though maybe Valve will just tell them to stuff it)

In this day and age, not allowing cameras is a lost cause. Even with the strictest security checking at all times (not likely) 100% of cell phones have cameras in them and can take a photo in like 5 seconds. I always laugh when places have no photo rules because it's more or less unenforceable in a large, busy event.

Zeth

Re: last hitting. Say what you want about the uselessness of solo bot practice, but I can generally out-CS all four members of my team combined in the trench. Though I guess I'm still in the "beginner" bracket as I'm 44-28 I've spent like hundreds of hours tooling around with every hero by myself fearing the solo queue life. I like to think of myself as a meta-smurf.

Ketch

Me honestly, prefer him in safe lane. I think he isn't really good in jungle. Or at least I suck with him, I can never sustain myself farming jungle

Lane is always better... For just about every hero. Unless you're like a Chen or an enigma, laning is way more efficient... You just have to get last hits.

Re: last hitting. Say what you want about the uselessness of solo bot practice, but I can generally out-CS all four members of my team combined in the trench. Though I guess I'm still in the "beginner" bracket as I'm 44-28 I've spent like hundreds of hours tooling around with every hero by myself fearing the solo queue life. I like to think of myself as a meta-smurf.

I agree completely.... But there's also a flip side. I seldom have time to play a full uninterrupted game, due to wife and kids. So I play a lot if bot games. I can CS pretty well, but I can't gank for shit. I think bit games are good practice for hard carry and that's about it.

Likewise I think watching a lot of games is good practice for hard support/ team captain position. You can pick up a lot of neat hero combos, some general strategy and good warding and smoke practices.

manfestival

Doom is my favorite hero and while I prefer to jungle with him personally. Laning does get ahead faster but it really is dependent on whether he gets zoned out or not. Plus its nice to roam in the jungle and get quick exp/money from a random creep between waves.

I think Doom jungle is more beneficial when you have strong sufficient lanes cause his gank sucks without centaur

Arkanius

Doom is my favorite hero and while I prefer to jungle with him personally. Laning does get ahead faster but it really is dependent on whether he gets zoned out or not. Plus its nice to roam in the jungle and get quick exp/money from a random creep between waves.

I think Doom jungle is more beneficial when you have strong sufficient lanes cause his gank sucks without centaur

I don't have problems last hitting well. But if Im on a pub everyone automatically throws me to the jungle.

And I suck there because I can't sustain myself with just Stout shield, Tangoes and a Ring of Protection. I ALWAYS have to come back to base.
What am I doing wrong?

Hylian7

Interesting, I guess that makes sense.

BM is bad on BB cause you have a low health pool, his tankyness comes from a reduce %. Get a vanguard/Mek/Heart/AC/whatever, nthey'll almost always eb ebtter than a BM
But the pros are doing it, however given ksan's explanation the times have changed.

Also, maybe I haven't watched enough games, but with these Skywrath picks being thrown around, are teams picking/banning Pugna for him?

Hylian7

Also I had a Dota dream last night. I was playing Luna, really late game and farmed, and I bought this new item called the "Duel Standard". The icon for it was one of the flags from the icon from LC's duel, and it basically gave you duel. I just bought it because I wanted to pick up more damage from kills.

manfestival

I don't have problems last hitting well. But if Im on a pub everyone automatically throws me to the jungle.

And I suck there because I can't sustain myself with just Stout shield, Tangoes and a Ring of Protection. I ALWAYS have to come back to base.
What am I doing wrong?

eh I find myself going back at least once if I dont get the regen aura. Regen aura is huge early jungle, and means that I don't have to leave. I usually run tangos, stout, and quelling. However, jungle doom is completely subjective since people seem to find their own playstyle and jungling styles with him but I like to use quelling blade in dire jungle and fight that mid camp one on one trick. It really helps with jungle sustain

Anilusion

eh I find myself going back at least once if I dont get the regen aura. Regen aura is huge early jungle, and means that I don't have to leave. I usually run tangos, stout, and quelling. However, jungle doom is completely subjective since people seem to find their own playstyle and jungling styles with him but I like to use quelling blade in dire jungle and fight that mid camp one on one trick. It really helps with jungle sustain

What's that?

Mohasus

Cut a tree, the other creeps keep running around but don't hit you.
I really like troll warlord, those skeletons help too much. Faster and easier jungling.

Not sure how I feel about ET countering Morph. On one hand you remove his armor, on the other you give him a free natural order.

rezuth

Also I had a Dota dream last night. I was playing Luna, really late game and farmed, and I bought this new item called the "Duel Standard". The icon for it was one of the flags from the icon from LC's duel, and it basically gave you duel. I just bought it because I wanted to pick up more damage from kills.

Maybe... Maybe you should stop playing.

What am I doing wrong?

What worked best for me is 5 clarities and qb, devour the troll thingy with the skeletons and immediately raise the skellys, let them tank, then get the fire aura at lvl 2 which gives you and the skeletons good regen, use clarities to get your mana back up while they tank. I rarely have to back if at all. The net is also great for ganking.

Top Bottom