• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ghazi

Guess not. I tried to write him a message by placing a counter offer asking if this trade was intended but because i didn't change anything with the original offer it accepted the trade instead of sending the counter offer. Now i feel bad and actually added him as friend to redo the trade, but doesn't seem he wants to add me.

€: OK talked to him. Seemed it was a mistake after all but he didn't want to redo the trade.

Nice!

manfestival

My mate just made this, shun him.
8Kn8bd5.jpg

heartbreaking

Ghazi

I can't even buy costumes and stuff on the market... thanks Valve. 30 DAYS!!!

I understand not letting people sell stuff... But, buy?!

The reasoning is stolen credit cards and running up charges on bone hooks and whatnot.

It does suck though, I'm sorry you got stuck in it :(

Zeth

Can you open a ticket? I had a similar issue and I think they manually lifted it for me. Might have been a different thing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In case guild inviter is checking - this is me http://steamcommunity.com/id/zethca/

Join the NeoGAF chat channel (Chatbox -> Top Right "+" sign -> "neogaf" in the search box) then say something and I'll send an invite.

Extends to anyone else who wants in as well. I can't invite through the Steam client, you need to be visible to me in the DOTA2 client.

Ghazi

The reasoning is stolen credit cards and running up charges on bone hooks and whatnot.

It does suck though, I'm sorry you got stuck in it :(
I understand it completely, it's just really frustrating for people like me who have real money to spend :/
Can you open a ticket? I had a similar issue and I think they manually lifted it for me. Might have been a different thing.
I filed one, earlier, but in it I complained about how they likely couldn't do anything about it. Maybe they can, I won't get my hopes up.

Also, today was my first match with OD since I played a year ago. I adore him so much, I don't know how I sucked so badly with him when I played the game, before. I did pretty well, but it's because I'm fighting bad people.

All around, I'm branching out. Went from Razor and Lich, to also playing OD, Ursa, and Drow Ranger. I hope to start getting out more, new heroes are fun to tinker with.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking cheapass lineup, you can't even split push because they take towers faster than you can split push

JQm5ww1.png

Hope you didn't think BKB would help, since both Chronosphere and Witch Doctor don't give a fuck

Chris R

Join the NeoGAF chat channel (Chatbox -> Top Right "+" sign -> "neogaf" in the search box) then say something and I'll send an invite.

Extends to anyone else who wants in as well. I can't invite through the Steam client, you need to be visible to me in the DOTA2 client.

OK Well I'll try you now. Asked before but apparently I'm not cool enough to join the club.

edit: Thank you!

Well that makes my predictions kind of awkward

Also it'll feel weird not having them in the International. Maybe last year was just a fluke or a good patch for them

They were in The International, they just didn't make it past the group stages. Every hero Alliance banked on during TI3 has been nerfed since they won, and their style of gameplay doesn't really work anymore. NP was nerfed and is a first round ban against them, Wisp is a first round ban, LD was nerfed and most teams easily handled it anyway. That basically just leaves things like Batrider (who hasn't seen a buff since like 2011) and Naga, which most teams have already managed to successfully counter. Slow siege rat dota just doesn't seem to work anymore, or at least Alliance can't find a way to make it work.

Chris R

Man, I hate it when teams get confident and don't just finish a game. They start roaming as 5 men and pick off the people too far out now and then and their gold just explodes.

:(

Acinixys

next game, 2 seconds into the pick phase mirana is instalocked. 2 fucking seconds. what a balanced hero

What? Mirana is like the most easily countered hero in the game

OH LOOK ME ME I HAVE AN ULT THAT MAKES ME INVIS SO NO ONE CAN KILL ME

I know youre not a noob GBD. Just plant a sentry at their tower as you take it or while youre faming jungle and her ult becomes useless :/

They were in The International, they just didn't make it past the group stages. Every hero Alliance banked on during TI3 has been nerfed since they won, and their style of gameplay doesn't really work anymore. NP was nerfed and is a first round ban against them, Wisp is a first round ban, LD was nerfed and most teams easily handled it anyway. That basically just leaves things like Batrider (who hasn't seen a buff since like 2011) and Naga, which most teams have already managed to successfully counter. Slow siege rat dota just doesn't seem to work anymore, or at least Alliance can't find a way to make it work.

Even when wisp wasnt banned in the EG game not a single fuck as given. The only relocates that mattered were the 2 that let [A] get two raxes. And the one hilarious relacate where both CK and Wisp TP'd into a black hole. Alliance need to work on their drafting and play style. Both Bulldog and S4 like to play aggressively and fight but instead of drafting into that [A] only drafts slow siege push strats. Its pretty lame and disappointing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Arrows are mirana's real bread and butter. Hit a good arrow and you can get a kill at almost any point of the game. Miss and it's not a huge deal. You also can't screw you team with an arrow like a bad hook or even lasso could do. Easiest way to likely kick her from the #1 meta spot is make arrow more level dependent, like start the max stun at 3.5 seconds.

in theory, you just need wards to spot the arrows and the ult. in practice, i can't remember the last time i won a game against mirana. i was at 4.2k today. both myself and my teammates should be able to counter it at that mmr. i know what i have to do. my teammates should know as well. it just doesn't work. that hero is fucking stupid

mirana can sit mid for 7 min until the shitter hits an arrow. she can also offlane, support with mek + arcanes, get a 15 min midas or go for a split push build. it doesn't matter. the hero can do anything. and there's no consequence to missing an arrow, like kirby said. and it scales like a hard carry. no skill hero

what?

good luck hard carrying with mirana against real hard carries like PA, FV, AM, etc.

Mirana vs. PA is probably the most favorable of that bunch, but still not great. Mirana still scales very well (much like Windrunner and Wraith King as a support). She's a semi-carry that scales slightly better than other semi-carries.

Ketch

I'm watching the alliance team profile or whatever it that was aired…. and it's so cheesy.

"With the power of friendship victory will come to you on rainbows of happiness"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Broodmother is so unbelievably bad. Why is she even in the game?

Mohasus

Well that makes my predictions kind of awkward

Also it'll feel weird not having them in the International. Maybe last year was just a fluke or a good patch for them

They were the masters of jungle/stacking/pulling/efficiency.

Even if the game was 0-5, they'd still be ahead in gold and xp.

Radec

[/IMG]http://snag.gy/vnboQ.jpg[/IMG]
Good 2 days for me. Well only mode I play is AD, and I have been having the worst luck in picking phase. Would be so much more fun the mode if they remove those stupidly out of balance shit like they did with Meepo. or give concede option, but I know that would be too much for Dota purists out there. :p4

Edit. im doing soemthing wrong or you cant spoiler tag images?

Time to pick more Visage.

What is it about sniper that attracts idiots to him (particularly of the Peruvian or Russian variety)? It's not like a famous player has him as a signature hero, and if you want easy right click stomps there are better heroes for that, plus he isn't that endearing of a character design.

Granted, he occasionally does well, but I don't understand his appeal at all.

im going to tell you something amazing, most peruvians playing dota 2 are 14yo kids and under playing in lan centers after school , if you have ever played call of duty on an xbox in public chat with kids calling out your mother, well ,you are playing with the same kind of kids , only difference is that they speak english and the dota 2 peruvian kids speak spanish.

Mohasus

Event isn't over yet, cloud9 may not be top 6.

I was pretty sure the top 3 chinese would keep going + EG + Navi. Then I had to choose between VG and [A]. Needless to say I did the wrong choice.

Nymerio

holy shit low priority queue. Queued with a friend who had to do 5 games, after the third game he promised to never leave another game ever again.

One game I play Skywrath Mage mid. A couple minutes in I drop a mystic flare on the drow ranger, our vengeful comes along and swaps her out of it and does the same thing about 5 times during the game. And we had a shadow blade luna.

The other game my friend calls mid and sets his icon on the lane but waits to see what heroes are picked. Someone on our team picks TA says she just wants to kick invoker and says she'll go mid. So my friend picks another hero. A couple minutes in TA doesn't do so well in lane and just abandons.

Third game my friend finally gets to play mid but we get a faceless void who feeds like crazy in the safe lane. He buys back 3 minutes into the game and dies again. After that he went mid and started stealing farm and exp from our tinker. A couple minutes later he starts trapping us all in chronos and running away. When chrono was on cooldown he just ran down mid lane and fed.

I don't think there was one game where someone did not disconnect, flame or feed intentionally.

Low Priority Queue. Not. Even. Once.

Top Bottom