• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Yep, I'm tired of Mirana. Fucking nerf that hero into the ground.

fume

iwRVyFbTL367F.gif

Hylian7

What even are the odds of something like that happening...

The irritating thing about her is that at level 1 though, there can be an arrow coming from LITERALLY ANY DIRECTION ON LITERALLY ANY LANE stunning you for 5 seconds, and there's a 95% chance you're dead. You can say "Well you just have to be aware, map awareness." Yeah, you can't look everywhere at once, and because you missed the blue pixels you're stunned for 5 seconds now. It's utter horse shit and needs to be nerfed.

Wok

The irritating thing about her is that at level 1 though, there can be an arrow coming from LITERALLY ANY DIRECTION ON LITERALLY ANY LANE stunning you for 5 seconds, and there's a 95% chance you're dead. You can say "Well you just have to be aware, map awareness." Yeah, you can't look everywhere at once, and because you missed the blue pixels you're stunned for 5 seconds now. It's utter horse shit and needs to be nerfed.

What even are the odds of something like that happening though? The 5-second stun is not free, it does require some skills.

Hylian7

What even are the odds of something like that happening though? The 5-second stun is not free, it does require some skills.

Not really. I've had games where Mirana's just sit mid and shoot arrows until they hit someone. You aren't looking in that direction for them? Guess what, fuck you. The hitbox is wide enough where you think "Oh, I'm far enough to the side I'm fine...NOPE"

Shit is absurd, and 5 seconds at LEVEL ONE is overpowered as hell.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
holy shit low priority queue. Queued with a friend who had to do 5 games, after the third game he promised to never leave another game ever again.

One game I play Skywrath Mage mid. A couple minutes in I drop a mystic flare on the drow ranger, our vengeful comes along and swaps her out of it and does the same thing about 5 times during the game. And we had a shadow blade luna.

The other game my friend calls mid and sets his icon on the lane but waits to see what heroes are picked. Someone on our team picks TA says she just wants to kick invoker and says she'll go mid. So my friend picks another hero. A couple minutes in TA doesn't do so well in lane and just abandons.

Third game my friend finally gets to play mid but we get a faceless void who feeds like crazy in the safe lane. He buys back 3 minutes into the game and dies again. After that he went mid and started stealing farm and exp from our tinker. A couple minutes later he starts trapping us all in chronos and running away. When chrono was on cooldown he just ran down mid lane and fed.

I don't think there was one game where someone did not disconnect, flame or feed intentionally.

Low Priority Queue. Not. Even. Once.
Both my LP games (Mistaken group DC) were actually fun with good teamwork and rotations and wards. Weird.
Not really. I've had games where Mirana's just sit mid and shoot arrows until they hit someone. You aren't looking in that direction for them? Guess what, fuck you. The hitbox is wide enough where you think "Oh, I'm far enough to the side I'm fine...NOPE"

Shit is absurd, and 5 seconds at LEVEL ONE is overpowered as hell.
Just don't mid, ez. Or figure out that you should ward other spots or your other lanes are at advantage vs a roaming Mirana.
Whatever.

it's not just the stun duration. compare mirana's arrow to clockwork's hookshot:

hookshot: 150 mana, 2000/2500/3000 range, 100/200/300 damage
arrow: 100 mana, 3000 range, +140 damage at +1500 range, maximum of 190 - 460 damage

it makes no fucking sense. and mirana scales better than cw. and her escape is just as useful as his. and sacred arrow doesn't put her in danger, unlike hookshot. yet the two spells serve basically the same purpose. they need to make mirana depend on experience. the way she is right now, she can just do things from lvl 1. it's like pudge having maximum range hook at lvl 1. they need to nerf the range, the bonus damage, increase the mana cost. and then decrease the stun duration

also, at lvl 1, you can shoot 2 arrows. and then with 1 clarity, you can refill your entire mana pool. so you get 4 arrows for 50 gold.

SamVimes

it's not like mirana's arrow must be casted from far away to get 5 stuns or that cw's hook is instant, goes through bkb and you want to be in the middle of the action

SamVimes

it's almost like there's two heroes called enchantress and chen

the fact is she's not picked and banned that much, Lycan and Bat are still a much bigger thread and idiotic comparisons don't help anyone

Starstorm is far more ridiculous than arrow but I never see anyone complaining about that. 525 damage at level 4 factoring in two stars hitting. That's more damage than a lot ultimate skills.

Kreunt

Banned
Mirana is fine.
I wouldn't really mind seeing her nerfed into the ground though, purely because I'm sick of seeing her so often.
Same goes for bloodcyka.

All he is saying is that the Sacred Arrow is a weapon of mass destruction and should be preventively nerfed before Mirana terrorizes any more lanes on lvl 1 with her 5 second stuns.

Demoli

Broodmother is so unbelievably bad. Why is she even in the game?

Broodmother is one of the best space creators in the game. She forces 3+ heroes in lane or she'll constantly kill a farmer/roaming support, and if left ignored she'll push you to your t4's in less than 20min. One or 2 ganks from your mid/supports and you can be left alone forever. Orchid for solo kills, Vlads for more pushing, same for necro. Manta to dispell track/Amp/dust/slows/silences. Bkb agaisnt heavy disable teams.

Just played a game with her yesterday, and she's still very strong.

elyetis

vnboQ.jpg
Good 2 days for me. Well only mode I play is AD, and I have been having the worst luck in picking phase. Would be so much more fun the mode if they remove those stupidly out of balance shit like they did with Meepo. or give concede option, but I know that would be too much for Dota purists out there. :p4

Edit. im doing soemthing wrong or you cant spoiler tag images?
AD has potential to be really fun, but for that Valve would need to put some work into it. Making us pick our hero in reverse order from the abilities draft would be a huge first step in the right direction.
If you're eating 5 second stuns in lane at level 1 you're awful and deserve to lose.
90% of the pro players currently playing at the International are feeling very insulted.

Kard8p3

AD has potential to be really fun, but for that Valve would need to put some work into it. Making us pick our hero in reverse order from the abilities draft would be a huge first step in the right direction.
90% of the pro players currently playing at the International are feeling very insulted.

I doubt 90% of pros have been hit by a full range potm stun at TI4.

Nymerio

Says the tinker picker.

Shadow blade luna is fun on the trench.
http://dotabuff.com/players/4334287...me_mode=&hero=luna&lobby_type=&page=4&region=

I miss the old tranquil boots. :(

Oh, I'm sure it can be fun, but if you have free farm on luna you should probably make more of it than a shadow blade.

Both my LP games (Mistaken group DC) were actually fun with good teamwork and rotations and wards. Weird.

Just don't mid, ez. Or figure out that you should ward other spots or your other lanes are at advantage vs a roaming Mirana.
Whatever.

Yeah, I've queued lpq before and had a different experience. I don't usually have that bad experiences with the community so I was a bit stunned to get game after game with probably the worst the community has to offer. We still had fun though, I guess you have to laugh this stuff off instead of letting it get to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATxiT3QV_04

So MommsenWasRight/Nelo Cat casted the infamous "Dual Blink into Daedalus Shadow Shaman game. I skipped around, but plan on watching the whole thing later. Pretty much agree with what I watched though. Hilarious game, yet so incredibly frustrating at the time.

Thanks for the Shoutout, even though i don't know who Nelo Cat is. :) Already working hard on the other game you sent me, and when I say working hard i mean "my upload speed is shit", sigh.
Was definitely a nice and entertaining game, even if your Tinker play couldn't change the result.

Ultimatum

Banned
What even are the odds of something like that happening...

but it's so slow just dodge it

M.D

edit: actually, complaining is stupid

i think i might try to stop playing this game after TI4 is over, its done more harm than gone since i've started playing it

Manus

So what can you do against a Broodmother who knows what their doing? Especially when they also have a Tinker and Sniper. I'd leave top to defend against Tinker and Sniper push and she would just keep taking towers. It takes at least 2 or 3 people to take her down. The split push is just so brutal. She had our tier 3 down 20 minutes in. This is even with us killing her early in lane with dust and wards.

Top Bottom