• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTue8HxDUvw

Interview with notail, he seems really sad
Says they haven't had the post TI talk about who is going to keep playing or who is sticking with the team

He also says they need a captain (coach?) outside the game to keep their motivation up
Captain position also possibly in the air? Need to listen again

Also, looks like fly is tired of support and is going to play carry from now on. I wonder what that means for the rest of the team

Anyone ever seen him play carry in a pro match? I think he played Gyro once when era couldn't play but i don't remember if he did well
On best of 1 "not a good way to separate the good teams from the bad teams"

This format has been fucked from the start. What a terrible way to determine which teams get to see the main stage. By the time the actual event starts and Kaci is interviewing nerds with horse masks on their heads I'm not going to give two shits about this tournament anymore.

bounch when can we expect this set to be added?

TrPQcAM.png

That is genius. Day 1 buy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTue8HxDUvw

Interview with notail, he seems really sad
Says they haven't had the post TI talk about who is going to keep playing or who is sticking with the team

He also says they need a captain (coach?) outside the game to keep their motivation up
Captain position also possibly in the air? Need to listen again

Also, looks like fly is tired of support and is going to play carry from now on. I wonder what that means for the rest of the team

Anyone ever seen him play carry in a pro match? I think he played Gyro once when era couldn't play but i don't remember if he did well
The look of a man taking home $5,000 when he knows they were 2 wins away from taking home at least $100,000/man.

On best of 1 "not a good way to separate the good teams from the bad teams"

This format has been fucked from the start. What a terrible way to determine which teams get to see the main stage.

The entire sthing is such a convoluted mess. I understand what they were going for but it took me like 5 minutes to figure out who was playing who at any given time. I'm not the biggest fan of Bo1's, but there were definitely some teams I feel got the shaft. I wish Fnatic had made it into at least Phase 3, but they played really mediocre and lost to some teams they were clearly better than.

There's no easy way to format the tournament.

dmshaposv

Although i wouldve wanted alliance and fanatic over liquid and mouz going over the Bo1/tiebreakers - they have themselves to blame for their losses. Fanatic lost some of their games due to notail, despite the fact era was supposedly the weaker link. Alliance made bad decisions in big games like that lvl 1 rosh.

Im sure fanatic and alliance wouldve done better in a Bo3. Liquid literally crumpled and did as I expected the Bo3 happened - go out with 2 abysmal losses. Mouz have no sense of leadership at all and them throwing the tiebreaker game so hard was sort of expected.
Honestly all these teams deserved to get kicked out one by one - in all fairness

I feel like I'm the only one who is fine with the tournament structure.

It hits a lot of the strengths and weaknesses of every team even before final seeding.

It's not that complicated.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You guys do realize they had just as many games last year in the group stage, but doing 2 groups and sets of 2. If nothing is on the line out side of seeding I dint think the teams try as hard. Plus those day 1 Bo1's were sort of a waste of time

It hits a lot of the strengths and weaknesses of every team even before final seeding.

I don't think it's terrible, it just seems to drag the entire event out for a really long time, and having 6 teams go home from Group Stage alone kind of sucks. The bracket was a pain when I first looked at it, but now that a few matches have gone through it's a lot easier to follow.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just played a game on EU west because I was sick of the onslaught of cackling, South American children on the US servers and H O L Y S H I T it is like a magical realm of fairies and unicorns compared to the US servers. Remember Russians? Remember how much less obnoxious they were than than all the "GG NOOB TEAM JAJAJAJAJAJA" fucks that inhabit our once dear servers? They're there! Also British people! Well-mannered, encouraging, life-affirming British people! It's amazing! When you make plays they tell you "Well played!" and unironically to boot! My game had supports on BOTH TEAMS! In ALL PICK (WTF?!) It was... I mean, my knees are shaking guys, it was so good.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/774783921

I even got a well played from the enemy Furion guys! I couldn't even believe what game I was playing!

FACE

Banned

I think the format's fine, if a team goes 6-9 over 15 games I don't think they deserve going to the main event anyway.

Chris R

I'm fine with the structure, the only issue I have with everything is the schedule of games played at Key Arena. Doing all of the UB games on Friday with the winner not playing again until Monday might bite them in the ass...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've also realized that the guys I play with have a real problem with playing aggressively (and I'm fully included in that criticism, especially when I'm playing a carry)

We had a Death Prophet Pugna Keeper Enigma lineup and we kept backing up to defend tier 1s or trying to split push and getting picked off. It helps explain why we're doing so badly in this meta where early aggression is everything

I just played a game on EU west because I was sick of the onslaught of cackling, South American children on the US servers and H O L Y S H I T it is like a magical realm of fairies and unicorns compared to the US servers. Remember Russians? Remember how much less obnoxious they were than than all the "GG NOOB TEAM JAJAJAJAJAJA" fucks that inhabit our once dear servers? They're there! Also British people! Well-mannered, encouraging, life-affirming British people! It's amazing! When you make plays they tell you "Well played!" and unironically to boot! My game had supports on BOTH TEAMS! In ALL PICK (WTF?!) It was... I mean, my knees are shaking guys, it was so good.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/774783921

I even got a well played from the enemy Furion guys! I couldn't even believe what game I was playing!

The grass is greener on the other side

a day doesn't pass without some prepuberescent russian voice going on a 3 minute tirade over the mic in russian

manfestival

5 alch games and 5 losses... trying to do daily with him is suffering for me. it doesnt even matter if I do good. had one game with a lycan that couldnt even push towers. lol wut

Mohasus

5 alch games and 5 losses... trying to do daily with him is suffering for me. it doesnt even matter if I do good. had one game with a lycan that couldnt even push towers. lol wut

He was my last hero from the 10 hero challenge. 5 losses too, then I went solo offlane after trying mid, carry and supp and my team won the other 2 lanes. :p

To be fair, I was solo agaisnt a legion commander so I farmed a little.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Trying support Alch or Carry Alch? Whats your build? I can see it now, I bet you are one of those guys who has already leveled Greed by 2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some people are being banned from match making for 30 days. I wonder just what you have to do to trigger that. So far all the people who mention it say they haven't done anything, but I don't exactly believe them.

Indignate

Accidentally grabbed Ember Spirit during RD.

After fumbling around with how to use his abilities in lane for about 10 minutes (and some taunting from the enemy about my missed rocks) I finally got it down and had some great stuns and silences going.

Still didn't really figure out how to use his ult properly though. Luckily my team knew what they were doing and picked up the slack.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/775121448

ZeroX03

Banned
What's up with people randoming in ranked matchmaking... happened every game I've played for the last two days. Ruining team composition.

Some people are being banned from match making for 30 days. I wonder just what you have to do to trigger that. So far all the people who mention it say they haven't done anything, but I don't exactly believe them.

People who throw out vicious insults and assume it's acceptable, I'm guessing.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Sounds like a bug if anything, can't imagine a 30 day ban being a good form of punishment, for anything. Those people will just make smurfs and bring their toxic to newbies (aka people who aren't used to MOBA's and probably won't be able to handle it).

Kreunt

Banned

Hopefully it's Valve going through their most reported listed and shitting on people.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sounds like a bug if anything, can't imagine a 30 day ban being a good form of punishment, for anything. Those people will just make smurfs and bring their toxic to newbies (aka people who aren't used to MOBA's and probably won't be able to handle it).

Yea, it's awful when people make smurfs and then proceed to ruin their games.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yea, it's awful when people make smurfs and then proceed to ruin their games.

I didn't justify the behavior nor say that newbies should be able take it.

All I meant is that if you have 1000+ games played or are in the upper tiers of matchmaking, you most likely know what the dota is community is like and have already experienced the worst. It's not shocking when you see the flame, and it's PROBABLY not going to make you immediately uninstall. Whereas when you're new to MOBA's, there's a very good chance that you're more sensitive to the rage compared to a dota veteran. That's my personal experience anyway.

Top Bottom