• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
VICI GAMING IS SO GODLIKE SYLAR IS MY BOY AND FY IS A GOD EVEN ROTK GOT HIS SHIT TOGETHER WHAT A GREAT TEAM
surprise.gif

VC is going to job once they hit Bo3s.

Stay losing.

Demoli

So what can you do against a Broodmother who knows what their doing? Especially when they also have a Tinker and Sniper. I'd leave top to defend against Tinker and Sniper push and she would just keep taking towers. It takes at least 2 or 3 people to take her down. The split push is just so brutal. She had our tier 3 down 20 minutes in.

Dota is a game of picking and counterpicking. Bat, Beastmaster, Storm, invis initiators, slardar and many others work agaisnt her, She is a great hero, but not the monster she was in 6.79

Zeth

Can the Reflection's Shade gem not be removed from the TB arcana?

I've been wanting to customize him but I was hoping I could cut down the $8-12 gem cost by selling that one. I guess not.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So what can you do against a Broodmother who knows what their doing? Especially when they also have a Tinker and Sniper. I'd leave top to defend against Tinker and Sniper push and she would just keep taking towers. It takes at least 2 or 3 people to take her down. The split push is just so brutal. She had our tier 3 down 20 minutes in. This is even with us killing her early in lane with dust and wards.

Sounds like a guy I play with. Its always fucking hilarious when hes knocking on the T3 at 20 minutes and you can see the enemy team waking up. "Wait, what the fuck happened mid?"

xanavi

I'm so glad no one here has any influence on dota balance changes. The smoothing of all the rough edges in the game would absolutely kill my interest in it.

Acinixys

My mate somehow has 1700ish, he won 7 or 8 of his first ranked matches so I'm not sure how he managed to acquire that.

MMR doesnt work like that

The game looks at your previous unranked matches as well as your global K/D/A ratio when deciding your initial MMR

So even if youre a baller and win all 10 placement games you can still end up with 1500 MMR or less

I'm so glad no one here has any influence on dota balance changes. The smoothing of all the rough edges in the game would absolutely kill my interest in it.

If the GAF Dota OTs were used for balancing Mirana and Tinker would be removed from the game and all Peruvian players would be region locked from even installing the game #freeThacker

DanSaxon

MMR doesnt work like that

The game looks at your previous unranked matches as well as your global K/D/A ratio when deciding your initial MMR

So even if youre a baller and win all 10 placement games you can still end up with 1500 MMR or less

You learn something new everyday, I assumed it just generalized based upon those 10 games, granted that isn't accurate in the slightest.

taranatar

I really need to start playing with a team. I just cannot get out of the 2.5k scrub matchmaking by myself when I constantly get matched with feeders and players who have no idea what is going on:(

Any UK people about that use comms and play regularly, willing to take me under their wing? I'm happy playing support if that helps :p

Wok

I really need to start playing with a team. I just cannot get out of the 2.5k scrub matchmaking by myself when I constantly get matched with feeders and players who have no idea what is going on:(

Any UK people about that use comms and play regularly, willing to take me under their wing? I'm happy playing support if that helps :p

There is a solo MMR and a party MMR. If you want to improve your solo MMR, having a team won't help.

DanSaxon

Sure, there are more than likely some people on here better than me but I wouldn't say I'm bad by any means. My MMR is 4k and rising if that matters at all.

dekjo

Just getting back into town after a week in northwest Wyoming and have been on TI4 black out. Want to catch up but won't have time to watch every match I missed. Is there a place that lists the best games? Any suggestions on the best way to get up to speed on all that's happened?

Sorry if this is already covered in the thread. Tredding lightly to avoid results. If there's already a post covering this, just let me know.

Hylian7

Thanks for the Shoutout, even though i don't know who Nelo Cat is. :) Already working hard on the other game you sent me, and when I say working hard i mean "my upload speed is shit", sigh.
Was definitely a nice and entertaining game, even if your Tinker play couldn't change the result.
I don't know where I got that name, I thought it was your GAF name. Anyway, good casts though!

MadGear

So i just noticed why LDs camerawork is so terrible to me. Because i disabled mouse zoom on my end (when dragging the camera i tend to accidentally zoom) it also disabled the camera zoom while spectating. This explains why he is never able to focus on the action on my end :D
Anyone know if theres an alternative to dota_camera_disable_zoom? Disabling the mouse wheel would suffice but it seems i cannot unbind the wheel?

Damn I've been living under a rock, EG has a decent shot at winning TI4? Go Murica.

part of the fun of International is seeing the balance changes that come afterwards. Morph was nuked into oblivion after TI2. Preparing my body for Huskar overbuff.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They've got some pictures of the Secret Shop being built on the Dota twitter. I have no idea how they expect that little tent to efficiently serve the 15,000 people attending.

M.D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTue8HxDUvw

Interview with notail, he seems really sad
Says they haven't had the post TI talk about who is going to keep playing or who is sticking with the team

He also says they need a captain (coach?) outside the game to keep their motivation up
Captain position also possibly in the air? Need to listen again

Also, looks like fly is tired of support and is going to play carry from now on. I wonder what that means for the rest of the team

Anyone ever seen him play carry in a pro match? I think he played Gyro once when era couldn't play but i don't remember if he did well

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTue8HxDUvw

Interview with notail, he seems really sad
Says they haven't had the post TI talk about who is going to keep playing or who is sticking with the team

He also says they need a captain (coach?) outside the game to keep their motivation up
Captain position also possibly in the air? Need to listen again

Also, looks like fly is tired of support and is going to play carry from now on. I wonder what that means for the rest of the team

Anyone ever seen him play carry in a pro match? I think he played Gyro once when era couldn't play but i don't remember if he did well

Aww I like Fnatic. Hope stuff works out for them

Top Bottom