• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Randdalf

Had a game as Tidehunter just now where I just couldn't get the last hit on enemy heroes

We absolutely battered them, but I ended up 0-2-16 :s

Does Icefrog have every item in the game d'ya reckon?

Valve staff can give themselves any item, although I don't think many do. Robin Walker (co-creator of Team Fortress at Valve) used to give himself flaming TF2 weapons when he played in public servers, which nobody else could get.

What the hell is this?

SjBs7fg.png

It appears I won't be able to support EG after all.

Does anyone know what the cost of the golden demiheroes is?

Nobody knows yet. Knowing Valve, I'd expect them to be limited in quantity and probably double the price of the normal ones. Zzzzz

Arkanius

I'm having such a fun time playing Omniknight and supporting my teams to victory.
I still think that casting animation sucks though.

Same as always. Mid, offlane, support 4/5. Whatever.

Except for mid I haven't had much luck with him, but I'll try it more often. And even with mid I had trouble figuring out what to buy later on in the game. Although he was so OP then that it usually did not came to that point with it mattering much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Except for mid I haven't had much luck with him, but I'll try it more often. And even with mid I had trouble figuring out what to buy later on in the game. Although he was so OP then that it usually did not came to that point with it mattering much.

It really doesn't.

You buy whatever you think your team needs.

Defense? Pipe, Mek, Halberd
Offense? Dagon (don't do this), Sheepstick

KingKong

Wouldnt you want like blink dagger and force staff on Earth Spirit? I guess he kind of has a built in force staff, but it would still be helpful and it has good stats

Haly

Both is probably overkill. I don't use Blink but I know Jerax does and he's a far better ES than I am so I can't really argue against it.

Einbroch

Banned
You guys do know anyone can just put their name as "mason" and troll a game pretending to be someone. Especially someone that has a lot of haters.

Now, not saying it's not him, because hell, he's toxic. But there was a guy on Dotabuff a year or so ago who literally changed his name to mason and fed like crazy then posted a bunch of screengrabs about how Mason was awful at the game.

There's also no match history for those players or even heroes in his match history.

Like I said, though, he's toxic, so it may be true. I have no idea.

inkls

You guys do know anyone can just put their name as "mason" and troll a game pretending to be someone. Especially someone that has a lot of haters.

Now, not saying it's not him, because hell, he's toxic. But there was a guy on Dotabuff a year or so ago who literally changed his name to mason and fed like crazy then posted a bunch of screengrabs about how Mason was awful at the game.

There's also no match history for those players or even heroes in his match history.

Yeah, there's no dotabuff of the game with mason [verified] so we can't prove its him either, its like those fake racist loda tweets earlier this year.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Those chat logs are old as hell. Mason is kind of a dipshit as evidenced by the numerous interviews featuring him since he broke. There's plenty of reason to not like him even disregarding some old ass chat logs that may or may not even be real.

Yeah I didn't manage to find that game either. Checked all of that Alch's games and couldn't fine Mason. Not sure if it's real tbh. Shocking if real but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

SamVimes

"Sweden is shit. You guys are so lucky to live in the States. Here people speak like apes and caw at each other like crows. Also they reek of arrogance. Like they're just better than anyone who isn't a part of their mouth breathing race of chimps."

manfestival

Their take on the MOBA is for multiple maps with different objectives in each. They're treading well trodden ground is my point

I wouldn't say that blizzard is known for making original material. Their fame is from taking when is already there and making a good product out of it. I just feel like your point is moot, especially when considering the fact that valve copy pasted dota 2 into existence. If anything, valve are the worst offenders here. I mean, this game is called DOTA 2 after all. Blizzard is playing right into their history and it may be mocked by some but it should be watched based on their pedigree.

edit: This whole thing of trying to shut down mason is stupid, and just like political smear campaigns. I would say it's even worse given the nature of the competitive nature of this game (which valve openly acknowledges, unlike riot). Not saying what people say are right but let the past be the past. If mason wants to go troll lording at this current stage in his gaming career, then give him the middle finger.

ViviOggi

how can you get offended by some random flaming on a computer game... Jesus

Yeah, nothing wrong with someone tossing out "autistic nigger" over a videogame. Even the old "when you're agitated you'll look for the insult that hurts the most" doesn't fly here as he doesn't know the people's race. It's just a game guys.

That said there's obviously no grounds to condemn Mason for this incident without better evidence.

It's all part of the nadota EDGY culture. bunch of 13 year old that think they're cool.
I'd say 22 (?) is way past the point where you should have outgrown casual racism.

Deadstar

I don't think any of the new items from the two chests have kinetic gems. The white items are just the pure ones. Buy whichever is cheaper.

(unless some have kinetic gems)

edit - and I want to get the spectre one...and I've never used her yet lol.

So I thought for an item to change animations or add effects it had to have a kinetic gem? The store doesn't even show which item has what gem so I really don't know what I'm buying.

Calidor

Yeah, nothing wrong with someone tossing out "autistic nigger" over a videogame. Even the old "when you're agitated you'll look for the insult that hurts the most" doesn't fly here as he doesn't know the people's race. It's just a game guys.

That said there's obviously no grounds to condemn Mason for this incident without better evidence.

I'd say 22 (?) is way past the point where you should have outgrown casual racism.

I'm not saying that it's right to barf racial slurs, but if someone called me a faggot pale retard I would flame back as hard, laugh it off and move on to the next game.

This is the internet and you get shit like that all over the place, I still fail to understand how can affect you so much to make a big deal about it

Fooling around with techies in local matches, pretty fun but I don't know if he's viable, he can't babysit like other supports can, but atleast he can provide safe escape routes.

Haly

He's not a support. He exists in his own little vacuum.

Take him mid and see how you do.

Quesa

Fooling around with techies in local matches, pretty fun but I don't know if he's viable, he can't babysit like other supports can, but at least he can provide safe escape routes.

From the few that I've played him, I'd say he's an alright mid. Csing is bad, but not so hard if you can used to it, though against any mid with half a brain you're gonna get denied. You need expert control of runes (easy enough by setting mines) so you can spot an invis/haste to go gank, because I don't think you're gonna win mid by farming with that hero. He's a decent support as well but in that role there's much of a reason to pick him over a few others. In general if you see a push-heavy lineup he's a good counterpick to that stuff.

Also unless you can guarantee a lvl one kill with suicide, max mines instead. I think blink/eul's might be solid on him, since blink can setup multi-man suicides and eul's sets up ez stasis/mine kills.

It's hard to get a good gauge on him because bots don't really adapt and the way they move about the map is erratic. Players will be more reluctant to explore in a real game with techies and they'll spend way more on detection, but they'll also know not to go to the hotspots like runes so finding effective places to lay your mines will be harder. Players can also micro their pets to run first to scout ahead and bots won't do that. Its pretty much a mind game about map control with techies. So you're basically forcing them to spend a lot of early game gold on detection, and it may not even work out that well if you adapt your mine laying strategies and change the choke points.

Do mines work against couriers? Would be fantastic to sneak a mine early game between their two mid towers, or put a few near the secret shop.

xanavi

Just thinking here, TA must be amazing agaisnt him, right?

TA and summon heroes match up well vs techies but if you buy detection then everyone matches up well vs techies. Techies can only be a legitimate threat if he somehow gets really farmed, otherwise he's a gimmick hero.

Haly

Only if she keeps up her shield 100% of the time, which is wasteful.

The way you beat Techies is not with counterpicks but by buying a mountain of sentries, or a gem.

Low Tier
@ the whole mason thing

http://dotabuff.com/matches/612393456

some of you self-proclaimed dotabuff detectives are awful, this literally took like a minute.

and ye this is old ass news just revived i guess cuz of reddit or someshit.

Either way w/e that was long ass time ago maybe hes changed.

People act different when they're not under the spotlight. I'm sure you guys have never done anything stupid before when you were (are?) completely irrelevant right

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel Techies should be really good vs most melee heroes, since they simply can't deal with the traps effectually.

Haly

You're representing GAF on the leaderboards 1.09, better clean up your act!

Chris R

Hope SS line isn't 8 hours long... Valve posted the picture with a ton of registers so maybe it will actually be good.

If it is really long I'll probably just not buy anything since there are no unique digital items and the physical items should be available at some point.

Hylian7

I'm going to laugh when pubs pick all melee against Techies. You thought 5 melee was bad before, it gets 10 times worse now.

Also, do mines and traps block neutral camps from spawning?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have an extra Bioshock key, one of you guys can have it.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Drkirby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-3FCDF7D96DA2EA3D

Top Bottom