• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Artanisix

I feel Techies should be really good vs most melee heroes, since they simply can't deal with the traps effectually.

He's absolutely devastating against melee mids (or low-range mids like Morphling). It's very difficult to farm under pressure of land mines.

And honestly, although mining runespots is obvious, it does make for a decent deterrent against enemy mids and can help your team with rune control.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Another use I could see is Techies mining the normal gank paths for people coming mid. Get a heads up an a chance to maybe even flat out kill the enemy support.

Sanjay

Morphling Ethblade looks amazing, like he's a character from Starwars shooting lasers, pew pew pew!

Dota 2 Lockless Luckvase Immortal Preview

New Treasure Chests details

@ the whole mason thing

Either way w/e that was long ass time ago maybe hes changed.

People act different when they're not under the spotlight. I'm sure you guys have never done anything stupid before when you were (are?) completely irrelevant right

Support mason like Luis Suárez!

Smithy C

Just got home, started downloading last night's update and it's been stuck at about 4/5 for like 20 minutes. This happening to anyone else?

spk

"Sweden is shit. You guys are so lucky to live in the States. Here people speak like apes and caw at each other like crows. Also they reek of arrogance. Like they're just better than anyone who isn't a part of their mouth breathing race of chimps."

You guys are so lucky to live in the States. Here people speak like apes and caw at each other like crows. Also they reek of arrogance. Like they're just better than anyone who isn't a part of their mouth breathing race of chimps.

Also my hotel room is like doll's bedroom. I have a twin bed at home, and have slept in a twin sized bed pretty much all my life. This is like half a twin bed. There's no place to put the suitcase. The bathroom also has no actual shower. It's a shower head, a swinging glass door and that's that. I don't mind it that much though. I mind the fact that there's no place to put your toiletries. I have to put them above the toilet. Real pleasing stuff. The hotel is supposed to be decent too.

Also I had a meal at a hotel. A pasta with pork chunks costed $29. Thank god I didn't have to pay for it. Wanna talk about girls? I had a 10 year old girl lay on me in a 2 hour bus ride over half the time. Arrogance, the shits think they can do whatever they want.
FUYC K EUROPE CANT BELIEVE IM STAYING HERE FOR A MONTH

Bet this is going to be posted to Reddit and all the Europeans are going to Boo at me and throw shit at me and call me Amerifat. GG.

lol this person is a human adult and not a literal child who plays video games for money

Fuchsdh

Considering the mana cost, I'd say not very. I might test it later though.

At least in DotA it was possible but you had to be on top of controlling runes.

Generally my issue with techies is it's far too easy to fall behind in levels and in the end just be the guy who's slowing down your team's loss rather than helping win.

manfestival

I like how sheever described how techies is gonna work. When he is on your team, he is level 1 till about 12 minutes into the game and has been utterly useless. When he is on the enemy team, he will be wrecking your team like its no tomorrow.

Low Tier
yeah guys lay off mason he's hiding his racism now he's a hero if anything

?

thats completely not what i said.

And im sure you're 100% perfect and dont have any qualms with any race/gender/orientation/religion.

I think mason's one of the fucking dumbest people in NAdota and a shitty person in general, but does that mean people should just stop supporting EG, a team with 4 other players who've worked really hard to actually bring north american dota into relevance?

No.

Support EG, but hate Mason.

I'm sure you guys are capable of that I believe in you.

SamVimes

@ the whole mason thing

http://dotabuff.com/matches/612393456

some of you self-proclaimed dotabuff detectives are awful, this literally took like a minute.

and ye this is old ass news just revived i guess cuz of reddit or someshit.

Either way w/e that was long ass time ago maybe hes changed.

People act different when they're not under the spotlight. I'm sure you guys have never done anything stupid before when you were (are?) completely irrelevant right

Yeah like one month ago in sweden. Please, being irrelevant has nothing to do with being a piece of shit.

ksan

I'm surprised some of you didn't dig up what stupid shit Maelk, LightOfHeaven, and countless of other dota people have said when they were relevant, and those weren't even fake.
Yeah like one month ago in sweden. Please, being irrelevant has nothing to do with being a piece of shit.

that's just typical NADotA salt doe

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By and large, DOTA players are awful misanthropes.

If you're not a jerk now, you'll jerkify eventually, like beef being left out to dry in the sun.

Einbroch

Banned
Being on the other side of this is really eye opening. I can understand why people feel the way they do and you're entitled to your opinion, but I think this has changed the way I view how some professionals act. It's easy to make sweeping judgments when you don't know the history or personal life of the people you talk about.

I'm guilty of this as well. I just think from now on I'll keep my personal opinions on people in the spotlight to myself.

52club

As an older guy I'm sure glad the internet wasn't what it is now when I was 22. Look people can change, look at the president of the US. It wasn't until just recently that some of his opinions "evolved" when it came to certain things. I saw Mason interviewed he still seemed pretty immature for his age. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes and thinks before he speaks/types.

By and large, DOTA players are awful misanthropes.

If you're not a jerk now, you'll jerkify eventually, like beef being left out to dry in the sun.

That's a function of how much worth and self-worth you attach to the video game, your performance and success therein. In my 3,000+ matches, I'm pretty sure I've vented on someone no more than a few times, and always after being picked at or prodded to the point of being personally offended (secondary to being personally attacked in some way).

Otherwise...it's a video game. We're not on the #roadtoTI5. People need to get a fucking grip, or Valve needs to find some ways to make communication as a whole healthier. Riot has put a lot of time into League of Legends towards the effort into reducing the toxicity of their game and the difference between the two games in that respect tends to be very noticeable to me. The amount of positive communication in LoL is dramatically higher, even giving props to the enemy for nice plays. There's still negative commentary, but in comparison to Dotes, it's far less and far more infrequent.

Blah blah blah. Bottom line for me: if you (not you, but speaking to anyone reading) finds themselves getting emotional to the point of venting and raging on players in a video game that nobody is being paid to play, it's probably time for some self-inspection, soul-searching, and re-prioritization. Not everyone is a jerk, and not everyone will become one. People just need to get some balance and get back in tune with their souls.

Mason rages with the same language as anyone else who grew up on 4chan
Mason is old enough to know better. Fuck the excuses.

spk

Being on the other side of this is really eye opening. I can understand why people feel the way they do and you're entitled to your opinion, but I think this has changed the way I view how some professionals act. It's easy to make sweeping judgments when you don't know the history or personal life of the people you talk about.

By "sweeping" do you mean making a judgement based off the way a person repeatedly presents themselves? It's not like people are forming opinions out of thin air.

Ultimatum

Banned
?

thats completely not what i said.

And im sure you're 100% perfect and dont have any qualms with any race/gender/orientation/religion.

I think mason's one of the fucking dumbest people in NAdota and a shitty person in general, but does that mean people should just stop supporting EG, a team with 4 other players who've worked really hard to actually bring north american dota into relevance?

No.

Support EG, but hate Mason.

I'm sure you guys are capable of that I believe in you.

no I will not support a team that supports a player like that

any organisation with some self respect would dissociate themselves with people like mason

Demoli

@ Techies being in CM.

He won't be anytime soon. Phoenix, Terrorblade and Legion Commander are all in CM in dota 1 (TB for the longest i think), and yet they are only getting added at the very least in the next patch. Ember spirit himself was in CM in dota 1 for ages and was only introducd to cm like 5 months after release. Expect to see Oracle, Pit Lord and Wintern Wyvern/Arc Warden way before techeis gets to CM.

Einbroch

Banned
By "sweeping" do you mean making a judgement based off the way a person repeatedly presents themselves? It's not like people are forming opinions out of thin air.

I'm not commenting anymore, probably just gonna leave the thread and in-game chat channel until it's all over.

Enjoy TI4.

Ketch

You're right they're not forming opinions out of thin air, they're firming opinions based on dota all chat.

Sorry Ein, I know you've known him your whole life but he's actually super racist.

#freethacker

any organisation with some self respect would dissociate themselves with people like mason

If you got what you "wanted", Nobody would have any players.

Randdalf

Where Techies gets interesting is the late game, because then he actually has great mana regeneration enough to let him constantly be putting down mines and traps. In fact, he turns from an area denial "ganker" to a devastatingly good split pusher once he gets Agh's + BTs.

Deadly

I'm not sure on the name. I'll keep looking to see if I can find the name.

On the other hand, I'm glad the immortals I actually want are all much cheaper than the others. Mask of Madness, Enchantress head, and Brew barrel are all sweet.

edit: I think it's Hwytty and Shyzzyrd? But that's not showing up on the market place at all.
There's only one on the market right now. It's 300$ :lol

HardRojo

Hi, my friend Tobe (his username in GAF) wanted to know where Gaffers and meeting up and whether there's a meet up thread.
He can't post on GAF right now (very well deserved) and he's already in the US on his way to TI I believe. Thanks.
I know next to nothing about Dota, just doing the poor fella a favor.

Artanisix

@ Techies being in CM.

He won't be anytime soon. Phoenix, Terrorblade and Legion Commander are all in CM in dota 1 (TB for the longest i think), and yet they are only getting added at the very least in the next patch. Ember spirit himself was in CM in dota 1 for ages and was only introducd to cm like 5 months after release. Expect to see Oracle, Pit Lord and Wintern Wyvern/Arc Warden way before techeis gets to CM.

I disagree, mainly because two of those heroes have received numerous reworks in the past, and Legion is very new (in dota time). Techies has changed very little since his introduction. He should be put back into CM quickly.

Hi, my friend Tobe (his username in GAF) wanted to know where Gaffers and meeting up and whether there's a meet up thread.
He can't post on GAF right now (very well deserved) and he's already in the US on his way to TI I believe. Thanks.
I know next to nothing about Dota, just doing the poor fella a favor.
yo me and another gaffer are in Seattle right now and meeting up soon

you give us means to contact him and we can tell him where we are at

we don't actually know where we're catching lunch yet and I'm already getting drunk

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

we don't actually know where we're catching lunch yet and I'm already getting drunk
Don't have to much fun, I don't get there for another 10 hours. Don't need to arrive in town and find that you are passed out.

Demoli

I disagree, mainly because two of those heroes have received numerous reworks in the past, and Legion is very new (in dota time). Techies has changed very little since his introduction. He should be put back into CM quickly.

Lc has the same age as Ember though, and has never had a rework, and yet ember is in while LC is out (although this may be related to the AS bug). New Terrorblade was reworked into .75 and current phoenix in .76. Thats 5+ patches ago. I'll stay by my guess that Techies will only be in CM after we see at least 3 other heroes added to the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lc has the same age as Ember though, and has never had a rework, and yet ember is in while LC is out (although this may be related to the AS bug). New Terrorblade was reworked into .75 and current phoenix in .76. Thats 5+ patches ago. I'll stay by my guess that Techies will only be in CM after we see at least 3 other heroes added to the game.

I'm pretty sure the only reason LC isn't in CM is she missed some arbitrary cut off point where Valve wasn't going to change the CM roster any more until after TI4. Watch, she will be in CM by the time Star Ladder 10 starts up.

Demoli

I'm pretty sure the only reason LC isn't in CM is she missed some arbitrary cut off point where Valve wasn't going to change the CM roster any more until after TI4. Watch, she will be in CM by the time Star Ladder 10 starts up.

Oh, i'm counting on all the heroes added last year to be in CM the very next big Dota patch. But let's not forget that LC is only 1 month older than Ember in Dota 2

HardRojo

He has yet to purchase a US SIM for his phone I believe, will share his number as soon as he lets me know.

sephi22

*The mini figurines do not ALWAYS give a golden Cask - I opened 6 and only got 1
*The TI4 couriers they give out for every $50 you spend are GENUINE (I activated 12, all genuine).
*RTB bought at least $13000 worth of stuff, rofl
*the vip gift bags included a pin and a "TI4 attendee" pin. NO exclusive codes :(
*5 plushies opened, no shitty wizard

It appears that for many of the economy cards, they aren't special in any way (not even genuine).
Can confirm this on:
Mortar Forge (clockwork set)
Vestments of the Fallen Princess (venge set)
Bestowments of the Divine Anchor (kunkka set)
Timberthaw (timbersaw set)
Shadow Flame (dazzle set)
The Scorching Talon (pudge hook) does come as a "genuine promo Scorching Talon" with a Danidem autograph rune on it.

All taken from here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/2az4lq/psa_ti4_info_from_secret_shop/
Sorry if old.

Sanjay

Only if she keeps up her shield 100% of the time, which is wasteful.

The way you beat Techies is not with counterpicks but by buying a mountain of sentries, or a gem.

Bloodseeker and Bounty Hunter, ez thanks for help.

Hear, hear, fuck Uruguay too.

Hylian7

So the pubstomp venue just posted a press release from Valve that is quite interesting. I'm on my phone, but basically TI4 will be on ESPN networks.

Top Bottom