• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

The wait was eight hours long last year?
Day 1 yes. People feel the need to line up and buy something to justify their trip. The longer people wait in the line the more things they try to buy to prevent lining up again.

shira do you have an item newsletter I can subscribe to pls
It just rumors I heard from a guy who heard from another guy who works at Volvo:
- players have unlimited purchases so they could easily buy out the steelseries mouse/Doom item and the sniper/rubick dolls
- players who are guaranteed 100k will be actively purchasing things
- 1437.navi is selling 2 of his many platinum roshes for cash

is this 100% confirmed? I don't have to bug my friend to get me a tiny figurine cause it'll be online after?
- there are Chinese pre-orders for all the items except the clothing, nick-knacks, demiheroes and shagbarks
- if someone already has a full set and is posting promo images, this makes it seem like you can just order the gold ones or they aren't very rare
10394523_697253117017026_9214830289671714282_n.jpg

- as with last year the power sellers can't take all this shit with them so there could be piles of unwanted microplushies lying about - again

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Surely a professional player has some sort of responsibility? I can't seem to find the match on Dotabuff though, so I'm not 100% certain it's real.

There are literally hundreds of these screenshots of mason lying around the internet, he's a well known bm nadota player. i'm sure you can find some more of several other pro's like arteezy and envy. Not to mention a particular incident of dendi flaming his teammates and teleporting them to the corners of the map as wisp, and denying them a tp off the courier, resulting in an abandon because they can't move or get experience.

But at the same time, are you really surprised? Dude just became a pro player a few months ago and has started to tone it down, but pro's are real people too, and sometimes they have personality quirks or get angry like real people.

It's like when people are genuinely surprised that some hollywood celebrity is caught acting stupid, well duh, they can't be dress up dolls 24/7, they're actual human beings, and actual human beings sometimes act irrationally and make mistakes.

Besides, weren't you the dude just talking about how life's too short, so flame shitty pubs, lol?

There are literally hundreds of these screenshots of mason lying around the internet, he's a well known bm nadota player. i'm sure you can find some more of several other pro's like arteezy and envy. Not to mention a particular incident of dendi flaming his teammates and teleporting them to the corners of the map as wisp, and denying them a tp off the courier, resulting in an abandon because they can't move or get experience.

But at the same time, are you really surprised? Dude just became a pro player a few months ago and has started to tone it down, but pro's are real people too, and sometimes they have personality quirks or get angry like real people.

It's like when people are genuinely surprised that some hollywood celebrity is caught acting stupid, well duh, they can't be dress up dolls 24/7, they're actual human beings, and actual human beings sometimes act irrationally and make mistakes.

Besides, weren't you the dude just talking about how life's too short, so flame shitty pubs, lol?
I ain't no professional and also, I'm somewhat fine with any sort of griefing like Wisp and KotL shenanigans but surely, "autistic nigger" is where you crossed the line? He was at EG by then too. Unless you are an utter moron, why would you as a professional ever go there?

Spookie

While having techies in time for the All-Star game would be great. Lets not fuck about here: Valve don't do prompt. People appear to be preparing them selfs for some kind of reveal on Saturday.

Arkanius

While having techies in time for the All-Star game would be great. Lets not fuck about here: Valve don't do prompt. People appear to be preparing them selfs for some kind of reveal on Saturday.

I don't expect them to release them until TI4 ends, just throwing a bone to everyone that will watch the All Star match.

Well hero is kinda done, at this point the only thing preventing people from playing him(them?) is the fact it's not available on the hero pick screen. Can play it by doing the fancy editing stuff. So seems fairly likely. I was thinking more of a "for fun" showmatch with 5vs5 all techies though.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Drkirby saved TI4 and should be personally thanked by Gabe Newell at the closing ceremony

Also - have a reminder:

ModBot said:
Instructions for dave is ok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strife Closed Beta Key -- MB-634D8F42FADC0E64
Gratuitous Spacecow Battles -- MB-7CB560FDF219F46C - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Nyx Meiers Nyxilization 3: Complete -- MB-F70B8FFD5F4027C6
Qopamelee: Gold Edition -- MB-2151BB0C8D3B7817
Mafio II -- MB-1A275BDCA03B217D
Antimagechamber -- MB-B3B102C9B5407D0C - Taken by JakkuFurosu. 1 entrants total.
Stacking -- MB-0BF42D1BA6497434 - Taken by Egamer
FEZzzzzap -- MB-E5BCB524BC26ACEB - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sven HD: The First Encounter -- MB-EBF54263E00BB4FB
Ogre Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-257279C538E41814
Bioslark -- MB-E999BE6C07E78CDB - Taken by KevinRo
Axenomaly 2 -- MB-D26EC1DBCB2A5B5E - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Fed Space (Origin) -- MB-678C29D718DE7BE6
Rubicko: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-F08D1D96C72F76EA - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Crystalis 2: Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-4561DD0F7106B552 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 2 entrants total.
Bioslark 2 -- MB-626D7F538501321E - Taken by 1.09
Dust of Appearance: An Elysian Tail -- MB-18B92FEAFF8D9765
Serious Sven HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-AD0643CCC73AC0D2
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Baradise: Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D14A9364280C74BA
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Double Edge (Origin) -- MB-8405E93D24478612
vRvbDCu.png
Medallion of Honor (Origin) -- MB-DAF6597FB1FDD64C

t1405641304z1.png

I made a Reddit post for those of you who want to try Techies before release:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2ay3u8/tutorial_enabling_techies_in_the_main_client/
Orignal text (quote to see Dropbox link for required text file - don't want to overrun the limit for downloads):

To do this you need to manipulate some DOTA 2 game files. If you're unsure about what to do then DO NOT attempt this, as it could end up breaking the game and require a fresh install.

Navigate to:

Windows:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\scripts\npc

OSX:
Code:
/Users/theohodkin/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/dota/scripts/npc

Alternatively, go to your Steam library, right click DOTA 2 and select "Properties" and then "Local files", "Browse local files". This will guide you to the right directory. From here go to "dota" > "scripts" > "npc".
EDIT: If you can't find the npc folder, make one! Easy as that, then follow on as normal from here:

Once you're there, download and paste this text file into the npc folder:

Quote to see link!

Last thing you need to do is go to your Steam library once more and right click DOTA 2 > "Properties" > "General" > "Set Launch Options" and write

Code:
-override_vpk

If all done correctly, you'll now be able to play Techies in bot matches and Local Lobbies only. They will appear as a selection in normal match making but you won't actually be able to choose them.

Hope this helps, and good luck!​

Preview of the glorious goblins:

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah pretty much.

General question; is there such a thing as being overly-active when it comes to denying? I wound up with 17 denies in that match and the 2nd highest to me had like, 8.

Only if its pulling attention from more productive things. If denying is keeping you out of position when your teammates are trying to go get a kill well yeah, that's a higher priority. Same goes for getting farm for yourself generally if you're a solo lane. Basically denying is more important than doing nothing, but there are things that are higher priority than getting denies

Yeah pretty much.

General question; is there such a thing as being overly-active when it comes to denying? I wound up with 17 denies in that match and the 2nd highest to me had like, 8.

Last hits should have priority but if you can deny without any losses, there's no reason not to other than controlling the lane(denying a lot over last hitting might push the lane towards your tower which is generally good but if you do it too much then you have to last hit under the tower which is annoying) or if you plan to push.

In lower level games people will tend to lane a lot longer so you have more time to increase deny count and opponents will suck at last hitting(especially easy bots and stuff) so you'll get a lot more denies than you would in a "real" game.

W1SSY

I think I need to learn about techies before he is released so I can know what to expect.

Also I feel like a bad bad person after drafting Death Prophet, Lycan, Leshrac, and Chen in RD. We just grouped and pushed towers after about 8 minutes. I don't feel as bad knowing that they had a tinker that saw the lineup we had and did not get march until level 9.

Ultrabum

What are they trying exactly? To copy a used map setting type and cycle that was popular in their game first? I fail to see your point.

You heard it here first, blizzard developed dota 2. All hail Dustin broder.

i'm just messing with you. WC3's day night cycle was used by icefrog. Along with lots of stuff, including the color purple.

manfestival

You heard it here first, blizzard developed dota 2. All hail Dustin broder.

i'm just messing with you. WC3's day night cycle was used by icefrog. Along with lots of stuff, including the color purple.

I didnt know icefrog started stealing from Prince by taking his colors. Man icefrog is the thief of thieves. Icefrog more like iceFRAUD. dohohoho

Had a game as Tidehunter just now where I just couldn't get the last hit on enemy heroes

We absolutely battered them, but I ended up 0-2-16 :s

Does Icefrog have every item in the game d'ya reckon?

Reckoner

If it is you, don't get arcane on Pugna. He has massive int gain, treads help him tank up more, and honestly speaking, Pugna can be semi-dps with his massive base damage later. You can get a void stone from the secret shop and you will never need to go to base to restore mana.

Thanks for the advise! I'll definitely do that next time. Has been really enjoyable playing with Pugna. So far I have a 83.33% win rate with him which is good, I guess.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Arcane is fine on him. I have never ever considered getting Treads on Pugna, it's either Arcane or Phase depending on my mood.

Arcane is fine on him. I have never ever considered getting Treads on Pugna, it's either Arcane or Phase depending on my mood.

I get treads because of the stats and slighy bigger attack speed. He has already great MS so I don't see the point of phase boots. Arcane maybe if I'm side lane - offlane solo and need the mana to push etc. Otherwise treads seem like the go-to choice.

Top Bottom