• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

BigAT

if it's on 2, that's cool

3 is whatever

I know ESPN 3 is what it is, but I think the fact that ESPN is covering it in any capacity is pretty crazy to me.

"Valve today announced that coverage of The International Dota 2 Championships will be presented in collaboration with ESPN on its live multi-screen sports network, ESPN3. In addition, an exclusive show previewing the final match will be presented on ESPN2 on Sunday at 8:30 pm Pacific. Live access to ESPN2 is also available on digital platforms via WatchESPN."

Full press release:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/13929/

Reckoner

I'll tell you my 17 July Dota 2 ranked story

First game, we really needed Earhshaker because of the stun; It was essential in our lineup to achieve victory. After some useless fissures, dude's afk at base. After everyone complaining, dude comes and says "sorry went for a smoke." No one dares to comment.

Second game, BUAH you chose me Warlock I'm gonna feed them. We bought things. Yes, we bought things. WAIT WHERE ARE MY THINGS?! We lost the game even though we were a LOT more leveled up. It was close and after waves and waves of Mega Creeps we couldn't hold it anymore.

I took a break, came back now and said to myself "I'm just gonna go Death Prophet this time and just push, push, push." We won, even with a suicidal Sand King and a flaming Huskar who did almost nothing the whole game and complained all the time.

This is Dota 2!

I think I will go with good heroes for pushing like Pugna and Death Prophet because it seems the way to go to improve solo MMR from my experience.

What starting builds do people go with jungle Doom? Been experimenting with Stout Shield + Quelling Blade + Salve vs Basilius + Salve but I'm still not sure what the best starting build is. Also what's the better way to go regarding soul ring vs bottle?

Spookie

comeback.jpg

I FEEL FUCKING AMAZING. BRB OFF TO PUNCH GOD.

sephi22

IGN's review of Video Games: The Movie insinuates that Riot is offering a $10 million prize pool for this year's worlds. Hurray for ARTS and D I G I T A L S P O R T S

This isn't to start a flame war

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I ain't no professional and also, I'm somewhat fine with any sort of griefing like Wisp and KotL shenanigans but surely, "autistic nigger" is where you crossed the line? He was at EG by then too. Unless you are an utter moron, why would you as a professional ever go there?

I flame everybody and their dog. Life's too short to be nice to pub shitters.

So I take it you're only a fan of flaming-lite? Don't care if Dendi and his friend force pubs to get abandons and taunt them on voice chat? Plus you're allowed to flame "pub-shitters" to your hearts desire because you're not a pro lol?

You got a real double standard there bud.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, which is it, espn 2 or 3?
Edit: Ok, 3 except a preview on 2. Any idea if they will be showing the full day?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm surprised some of you didn't dig up what stupid shit Maelk, LightOfHeaven, and countless of other dota people have said when they were relevant, and those weren't even fake.

Also this. Mason gets a lot of flak for being a blatant asshole, but I guarantee you 90% of these pro players have similar chatlogs floating around or lost in dota 1 and early dota 2. All of these guys were flamers in dota 1, hell, the entire playerbase was more toxic than HoN.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Do all of you blacklisting Mason refuse to listen to Tobiwan, and mute the cast whenever he's on so you're not supporting him? He's a well known racist on multiple occasions and a documented asshole #cleanupesports. Hope no one here is planning on supporting Newbee #cleanupesports. Hope everyone sells their Na'vi pennants #cleanupesports. Envy constantly bm's in all chat, in the middle of the international, no less!!?!? Not to mention he's told plenty of pubs to go kill themselves, Get him out #cleanupesports.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Mason is an asshole. But it's just hilarious how so many people have such glowing views of dota pro's that Mason's act comes as a shock. He might be one of the worse offenders, but you had to be a complete masochistic piece of shit to get into and stay in dota 1 and to a lesser extent HoN (where all these guys came from). Pretty much all of them are pieces of shit, or were pieces of shit (before the cameras turned on and the prize pools got big).

But like with all things, given time it seems people forget. It was just a year or two ago where people were calling for Tobiwan's head and questioning why he even still has a job in esports.

sure is social justice warrior in this thread. i'm glad i assault old ladies and pee on babies rather than being offended by other people getting called names on the internet. i'm pretty sure anyone in that situation should have bigger causes to fight for rather than go online and talk about badly mannered people

Quesa

Do all of you blacklisting Mason refuse to listen to Tobiwan, and mute the cast whenever he's on so you're not supporting him? He's a well known racist on multiple occasions and a documented asshole #cleanupesports. Hope no one here is planning on supporting Newbee #cleanupesports. Hope everyone sells their Na'vi pennants #cleanupesports. Envy constantly bm's in all chat, in the middle of the international, no less!!?!? Not to mention he's told plenty of pubs to go kill themselves, Get him out #cleanupesports.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Mason is an asshole. But it's just hilarious how so many people have such glowing views of dota pro's that Mason's act comes as a shock. He might be one of the worse offenders, but you had to be a complete masochistic piece of shit to get into and stay in dota 1 and to a lesser extent HoN (where all these guys came from). Pretty much all of them are pieces of shit, or were pieces of shit (before the cameras turned on and the prize pools got big).

But like with all things, given time it seems people forget. It was just a year or two ago where people were calling for Tobiwan's head and questioning why he even still has a job in esports.

I actually legitimately do not support all the people you mentioned in your examples. #cleanupesports

edit: I should point out that it's coincidental that I don't support them, but yeah the racism doesn't make it easier and mason's making me hesitant about rooting for EG.

Lum1n3s

I've heard that Perceptions of the Eternal Mind for Void will possibly get re-released through other means besides the mini-figurines for the Perfect World servers? Can anyone confirm anything?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I actually legitimately do not support all the people you mentioned in your examples. #cleanupesports

edit: I should point out that it's coincidental that I don't support them, but yeah the racism doesn't make it easier and mason's making me hesitant about rooting for EG.

More power to you then, you're a better man than I. My main point in my mason posts is that if you're going to blacklist and condemn one of the pro's, then hold the rest to the same standard, especially those who have done just about the same or even worse in the past.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That ESPN shit is actually pretty rad you guys...

Reckoner

Lies, I play Ranked AP solo and enjoy it.

From my experience on solo ranked, you either find a good and friendly team that actually plays together, or you find the worst WORST side of Dota 2. There's no middle ground I don't usually get annoyed playing multiplayer games, but this has been a difficult ride...

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Might as well post this again

ModBot said:
Instructions for dave is ok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strife Closed Beta Key -- MB-634D8F42FADC0E64
Gratuitous Spacecow Battles -- MB-7CB560FDF219F46C - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Nyx Meiers Nyxilization 3: Complete -- MB-F70B8FFD5F4027C6
Qopamelee: Gold Edition -- MB-2151BB0C8D3B7817
Mafio II -- MB-1A275BDCA03B217D
Antimagechamber -- MB-B3B102C9B5407D0C - Taken by JakkuFurosu. 1 entrants total.
Stacking -- MB-0BF42D1BA6497434 - Taken by Egamer
FEZzzzzap -- MB-E5BCB524BC26ACEB - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sven HD: The First Encounter -- MB-EBF54263E00BB4FB
Ogre Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-257279C538E41814
Bioslark -- MB-E999BE6C07E78CDB - Taken by KevinRo
Axenomaly 2 -- MB-D26EC1DBCB2A5B5E - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Fed Space (Origin) -- MB-678C29D718DE7BE6
Rubicko: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-F08D1D96C72F76EA - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Crystalis 2: Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-4561DD0F7106B552 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 2 entrants total.
Bioslark 2 -- MB-626D7F538501321E - Taken by 1.09
Dust of Appearance: An Elysian Tail -- MB-18B92FEAFF8D9765
Serious Sven HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-AD0643CCC73AC0D2
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Baradise: Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D14A9364280C74BA
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Double Edge (Origin) -- MB-8405E93D24478612
vRvbDCu.png
Medallion of Honor (Origin) -- MB-DAF6597FB1FDD64C

t1405641304z1.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hope the gold demiheroes aren't too rare, planning on grabbing 8-10 of the things. Still not sure if I want a set of the waifus for my self, the faces turn me off.

Top Bottom