• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

The players I got to see today all ran out of player cards... :((( Anyone know if they'll be getting more?

More important to me is getting my TL mousepad signed by TL players but I think it's going to be such a challlenge. There's no set schedule for players to walk around or anything, right?

shira

The players I got to see today all ran out of player cards... :((( Anyone know if they'll be getting more?

More important to me is getting my TL mousepad signed by TL players but I think it's going to be such a challlenge. There's no set schedule for players to walk around or anything, right?

They got 1000 each. That's it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Valve LITERALLY printing money. You people have an illness.

Quesa

Remember when people were all like oh no these immortals are worthless they're devaluing the items everyone will have them

those were good times

Motherfucking Brad Shoemaker opened himself a golden doomling courier, and apparently is going to keep it (because really, what would he even do with $1000 steam credits?). Enjoy that dota swag you beautiful son of a bitch.

Wait, people would spend $1000 for a courier?

Why?

tumblr_mb70rlyqc11rp98y3o1_500.gif

Any tips and exercises for practicing against bots or in a lobby? I have no idea where to begin practicing mechanics and, as exciting as it is, the level of variety in matchmaking in heroes and game states makes it difficult to really work on improving specific things. Even if I just pick the same hero over and over again in All Pick it doesn't seem like a totally legit way to standarize practice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
God damn the Divine Anchor set is selling for more then $60 on the market right now. Scorching Talong was an easy $15 profit, but I feel a bit bad about selling my Dragon's Ascension set (Got $30 in steam bucks though, I'll just grab a new card in the morning).

Got my self some markers they were handing out for free at the Secret Shop, now I'll be able to get my Economy Cards signed. Kunnka actually looks a bit old, but maybe its just his Glasses.

These people buying 10k worth of workshop cards are going to be pretty surprised when they add them to the store as normal items like Valve announced they would and the items are worth pennies...

Valve only lets you buy 1 card at a time. What people seem to be trying to get is the gold immortals I think.

Oh, another bit of bad luck, I got 6 Frulls, 5 Mechjaws, no Octopus Couriers. Would like to see them upgraded to unusual, but I doubt it.

shira

Motherfucking Brad Shoemaker opened himself a golden doomling courier, and apparently is going to keep it (because really, what would he even do with $1000 steam credits?). Enjoy that dota swag you beautiful son of a bitch.

Max sale is $400 for steam bux.
You would have to pay on the open market for real money.

If the demiheroes are sold in stores they will be worthless.

someone bought a courier for $ 30,000

that was one of a kind

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What looks really bad for people is that the gold Demi-heroes will likely be sold on their own, E-Club Malaysia had a listing just for them. Now, maybe they will be something like $100 each, but that will really tank the value.

Wonder if I should sell or open my Genuine Trove Casks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only Purchase I really regret is the Pins and thats just because I got a bunch of duplicates. Maybe if I find a few people willing to swap I'll be more willing to buy some more.

Wok

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any place to try and look out for you Matt? I'm likely going to be going between the Floor and Workshop station mostly.

Madouu

Any tips and exercises for practicing against bots or in a lobby? I have no idea where to begin practicing mechanics and, as exciting as it is, the level of variety in matchmaking in heroes and game states makes it difficult to really work on improving specific things. Even if I just pick the same hero over and over again in All Pick it doesn't seem like a totally legit way to standarize practice.

I'd say it depends on what you are looking to improve exactly. If it is last hitting with a specific hero, you can make a local game with just yourself and try to not miss any last hits. You can set yourself a few objectives such as "get x number of creeps by 5 minutes" to have a goal to reach for. If you want to practice messing with creep equilibrium, you can lane versus an easy bot and see how auto attacking it for example will tend to push the lane. You can set yourself an objective such as making sure the creeps never go beyond the outpost and never get pushed to your tower. Practicing 1v1 mid is probably best done against a friend that is slightly better than you. Practicing ward spots is best in a local lobby with cheats on, etc.

As far as hero skills go, the best way to learn the different interactions between the multiple heroes in my opinion is definitely matchmaking. Bot games only teach a small part of the game. A competent coach that can watch one or two of your games and pinpoint the mechanics that you really need to improve can also help you come up with training exercises.

Hylian7

UztrlAr.png

This was the worst day of Dota ever. In most of those matches I just got the shitters on my team and there was no way I could win. I would say the bottom Lone Druid game was the only one that felt like it was legitimately my fault and MAYBE the Anti-Mage one to some degree (although I have no idea how I could have won that one, as I think we were just outpicked), and the rest were just wtf.

But then the fucking last two, boy does it ever make me want a feature to prevent matchmaking from ever matching me with a specific player.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/784286643

This game here, Windrunner is talking broken Spanish over the mic with music playing loudly in a background. I can barely tell it's even Spanish words he's speaking. He's terrible, tries to gank, we both die, and calls me a retard while he's going for a Mjollnir which is sooooooooo useful against what we're up against
facepalm.gif

I just tried to rat and couldn't do it successfully of course because we had no real teamfight potential against theres and couldn't stand up to their deathball.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/784358392

Then this game happens, that's right, THE SAME FUCKING IDIOT AGAIN. This time he's on Skywrath Mage and he's EVEN WORSE than last time. Lycan was the first pick, and wanted to go top or jungle, then the rest of the picks threw that out the window. Then Bane said "Slark and Me top, Sky and Lycan bot" That ended exactly as you would expect: They were shitty lanes that did nothing but feed, especially Skywrath. All the while, in the first 8 minutes we only have ONE WARD on the bottom half of the map, where I can't see shit on the top half of the map where Tusk keeps roaming to help Pudge pick me off and now I'm behind, despite even getting a kill on the first time it happened. You know, I understand why people bitch about not having wards, it's because they allow you to have more farm, something Tinker needs. People will tell you "Well if they're missing you should just play safe." and then turn around and ask "Where's your BoTs?!" because you don't have them and couldn't farm or just got ganked, hell even under your own tower. No, wards allow you to farm more and know how much time you have before a gank is incoming, and it took 8 minutes for anyone to get a ward on the top side of the map somewhere. I got delayed to a 12 minute BoTs as Tusk snowballed.

Then, the icing on the shit cake, our safelane Slark stupidly goes MIDAS against Faceless Void, thinking "Oh, I'm Slark and can out lategame this guy!" "Participating in fights? Nahhhh, I'm gonna farm all day long." I swear he didn't do anything for 90% of the game and every time I looked at the minimap thinking "Where is our Slark?" He's in the goddamn jungle when we need him elsewhere, again. Then he goes shit items like an Orchid, Shadow Blade, and Basher. Come the fuck on, at least get a BKB. The enemy team wasn't really a "deathball" strat here, but it certainly turned into one when they were able to gank me with no punishment and Skywrath was feeding like crazy. I seriously watched him chase Enchantress, with his Arcane Bolt and Concussive Shot both off CD. He would keep using Arcane Flare, but pressing W when he had vision on her? Pffft, who does that, that's for scrubs.

Does that player feedback on specific players actually do anything? Like does it prevent you from being matched with that player again? I really hope that's the case, as I got him and gave him 1 star on everything. Fuck that piece of shit. Why does he even play.

sephi22

Sorry guys. I redeemed all my sets on steam and made a cool $300, most of which I used to getva Dragonclaw hook.

I'm going to rebuy the cards tomorrow. Hopefully they aren't sold out.

Wok

Sorry guys. I redeemed all my sets on steam and made a cool $300, most of which I used to getva Dragonclaw hook.

If you could get the golem for Warlock ($4 in the SS) and the great calamity for Lycan ($4 as well) and the wolf hunter for lone druid ($14), I would be interested.

I know this is a personal opinion, I just think it's a massive shame that those attending are more concerned about getting items and making a profit rather than talk about the matches/atmosphere/event.

Wok

I know this is a personal opinion, I just think it's a massive shame that those attending are more concerned about getting items and making a profit rather than talk about the matches/atmosphere/event.

Come on, there is a thread about the matches. It is just that this thread is more about cosmetics and personal match analysis.

MadGear

Wait, people would spend $1000 for a courier?

Why?

Well the only rational explanation for this would be that they have so much money for disposal that $1000 means nothing to them.
At least i fail to see how someone with an average income would spent this amount on something purely cosmetic in a video game. Then again, people spent huge amounts of money on their hobbies all the time ... but it still feels super strange when it is spent on something like this.

JustinBB7

That's an exaggeration and you know it. Or you only play in the really early morning US time on weekdays.

It's really not actually. I play on EU West. The second I load into a game I hear 4 russian mics on my team and only crillic usernames on the other too. I just mute all of them.

H13

If you could get a DK set and Lycan , i would like to buy, if you are cool with it

Red UFO

It's really not actually. I play on EU West. The second I load into a game I hear 4 russian mics on my team and only crillic usernames on the other too. I just mute all of them.
Fellow EU West queuer here, and yeah your completely right. I am genuinely surprised when I meet someone who speaks a good level of English (I.e. More English than 'fuck your mother')

caesar

Banned
Hey guys, so I stopped playing DOTA2 maybe around last september when I moved to South Korea. Anyways I'm gonna start playing it again since I've been watching TI4. Can anyone give me a lowdown on how the game has changed since then, I'm assuming a great deal?

Also the heroes I used to use the most:

Axe
OD
Bane
Tree :)p)
BH

What's changed?

edit: my dotabuff http://dotabuff.com/players/65156621

Hey guys, so I stopped playing DOTA2 maybe around last september when I moved to South Korea. Anyways I'm gonna start playing it again since I've been watching TI4. Can anyone give me a lowdown on how the game has changed since then, I'm assuming a great deal?

Also the heroes I used to use the most:

Axe
OD
Bane
Tree :)p)
BH

What's changed?

edit: my dotabuff http://dotabuff.com/players/65156621

Blink dagger requires no mana (huge change) and aghs upgrade works with a lot more ults. Make sure to use an updated in game guide to help out with the ability changes. Also they added ability draft and random death match. Both can be fun modes for a change of pace.

Reckoner

Thank you all. Yeah, I am still a lot clueless about what items to buy and that Butterfly wasn't a good decision. When I realized that, it was too late.

void is a goddamn beast.... what a fucking hero

I just played a match where I was with Sand King and against Void he didn't stand a chance. That Q and W combo and my team would finish him. But he can be a pain in the ass for sure, even more so if the guy knows how to play with it.

GiJoccin

It seems ESPN 3 is streaming all of the DOTA main event, not just the finale...

which means i can watch it at work today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZeroX03

Banned
Thank you all. Yeah, I am still a lot clueless about what items to buy and that Butterfly wasn't a good decision. When I realized that, it was too late.

kuxmyn.jpg

It's all good, you inspired me to play Death Prophet, lol. Invoker was shredding me mid, so I just ganked top & bot and took the towers and snowballed from there.

Top Bottom