• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Unless Na'vi went SSJ over the past three days break there is no way in hell they are beating any of the Chinese teams in the Lower Bracket, and they'd still be iffy on even beating Cloud 9.

SamVimes

Unless Na'vi went SSJ over the past three days break there is no way in hell they are beating any of the Chinese teams in the Lower Bracket, and they'd still be iffy on even beating Cloud 9.
It's not like vici is this unstoppable force, they had a great group stage on bo1s and they still lost to both c9 and navi.

kvk1

I can't decide whether I find the craziness for items over the games being played sad, or if I'm just being salty because I'm not there to partake in the craziness.

From someone's Valve Tour
CbWnY2I.jpg

XNQauez.jpg

wJCzGYw.jpg

4ieu9Ti.jpg

8LTysgo.jpg
Things to note:
- Wraith King's concept art is ridiculously cool, in the drawing his beard makes sense and the strange expression he has in game has more character behind it in the drawing.
- Venomancer had some... strange concepts for his remake
- His wards look like they were going to be remade at some point
- Invoker's big shoulder items are based on early concept art of him
- Quas/Wex/Exort were originally Purple/Green/Orange
- The Alchemist part of the hero was originally a goblin before becoming more dwarf like
- Abaddon may have stole a bit of Chaos Knight's original horse designs.

Any artwork for unreleased heroes yet?

Not that I've seen, mostly unseen art for older heroes (Chaos Knight, Alch), newer heroes (Timbersaw) or art for remakes (Wraith King, Storm, Venge, Venomancer).

Couldn't find any pictures online of any unreleased heroes. I imagine out there somewhere there's a picture of Techies concept art, but really at this point we know what they look like.

Really want to find some Zet or Winter Wyvern art. They're like these mystic forgotten heroes that haven't been seen at all, or mentioned, or anything. No traces of them exist at all. They haven't gotten balance changes in forever. It's as if they don't even exist...

i just want a tshirt

can there be a non crazy person line for the shop plz

Just watch the Valve Store, they'll add the stuff eventually. But shipping is bananas on their shop...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll never get a singsing autograph. Every time I see him he ether doesn't have any cards or its 'Not right now' from the manager. Doesn't help I didn't have a pen half the time for a physical one. :(

At least I got autographs from tc and chaun. LGD wouldn't give me anything like the people in front, but I don't think they understand what I was saying.

Chris R

I've only seen bulba out in the walkway and he was swamped taking pictures so I didn't bother sticking around. I'd love an rtz card but I know it isn't happening :(

M.D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/785031056

lol this game

i picked slark first, lanes were weird as hell..

tiny was acting nice until he got pissed off at pugna, then he started calling everyone out, and the anti mage was also calling out pugna for his score

i didn't take any farm in hopes those 2 would be able to carry us and pretty much supported with warding then went for defensive items

i don't know how or why, but we won!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got a signature in my book of one of the managers but I'm not sure of which. It Lyf something. Any idea what team he manages?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If by chance people are still taking orders for gaffers, I'd be willing to paypal + tip!

Shamelessly stealing Anilusion's formatting, hope that's cool.

503 Bestowements of the Divine Anchor - $8
506 Dragonfire - $4
507 Ensemble of the Crystalline Comet - $4
509 Lord of the Scouring Dunes - $8
513 Mystic Instruments of Tang-Ki - $4
517 Shadow Flame - $4

Total: $32.

Don't need any of the bonus stuff that might come with it. PM me, I'm flexible.

edit: Also, second day start hype!

Zeth

I hope they add those rare promo sets to the dota store this weekend. What's the holdup? Attendees get genuine version like normal, I don't get it. Are they only being made available as physical goods? Doesn't that suck for the creators? I really want the DK set especially.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/785031056

lol this game

i picked slark first, lanes were weird as hell..

tiny was acting nice until he got pissed off at pugna, then he started calling everyone out, and the anti mage was also calling out pugna for his score

i didn't take any farm in hopes those 2 would be able to carry us and pretty much supported with warding then went for defensive items

i don't know how or why, but we won!

Anti-Mage... diffusal blade... WHAT THE FUCK!?!#?

Reckoner

It's all good, you inspired me to play Death Prophet, lol. Invoker was shredding me mid, so I just ganked top & bot and took the towers and snowballed from there.

I see that you went with Boots of Travel. I'm always pondering between travels and phases, but travels may be best for the pushing power. Another thing that I'll have in mind in the future.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I go a bit out of my way to get these workshop prints signed and I bet they are mangled messes once I get them home. I got another bulba card, I wanted him to sign the one I got yesterday but I left it at the hostel, so he gave me another and signed it.

ZeroX03

Banned
I see that you went with Boots of Travel. I'm always pondering between travels and phases, but travels may be best for the pushing power. Another thing that I'll have in mind in the future.

Travels + Euls = 503ms, makes you very hard to pin down. Throw in Drum (which I sometimes make from Bracer, but Tidehunter bought it first) and that's max ms. I usually don't even bother upgrading my boots first, the Euls ms boost is more important and it's a great item on DP for a whole bunch of reasons, and you get it so early it's great for shutting down certain heroes before they can BKB. Then depending on farm or situation I'll go Phase or BoT (maybe treads if I'm committing to tanking for w/e reason) but usually I'm pretty rich so a BoT doesn't take very long by that point. DP is always on the move and the inventory slot is important if going for heart and/or bloodstone so it's good not to have to carry around a TP.

Was going to pick up a Shivas, but the last few minutes we were stomping so hard I didn't bother with items. DP probably my go-to pubstomp hero. Push/farm/disable/damage/mobility.

YES! Just won my first training match. Man, what a thrill. Me and my opponent were both idiots, since we killed each other at the same time for the first kill. Then on the second one I draw him near my tower and when he used the spinning move from Juggernaut, I killed him.

Haha, I know this is nothing compared to what is going on right now, but I needed to share.

EDIT: I used the Centaur Warrunner, like some people here recommended me. Thanks!.

bounchfx

Aww yeah! C9 looking good so far. Game 2 was weird. I got a couple more redpaw/shaman to give out so if you see me and don't already have one feel free to ask.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Did the arena just empty out in time for China-ass China vs. Somehow-even-more China? Should be a nice preview of the level of un-hype coming for the grand final.

Top Bottom