• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/10718?r=cd

New chest in. My new warlock golem is equipped as a weapon though.
Emoticon_huh.gif

Kunkka's and Clockwerk's sets are pretty sweet, and that courier is really cute. Now to wait for the market prices to settle.

Anilusion

The new chest is weird. The guaranteed items are a mix of stuff costing $4, $8 and $10, with both bonus rewards selling for $4 at TI.

Why wouldn't they put the expensive stuff in the rare slots of the chest?

Not that I'm complaining.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah, a bit miffed that I paid 10 dollars for the Redpaw from the Secret shop and I can get one from the market now for 1 dollar.

Indignate

Yeah, a bit miffed that I paid 10 dollars for the Redpaw from the Secret shop and I can get one from the market now for 1 dollar.

Isn't yours genuine though?

I mean, the price on that stuff seems to be dropping, but you can still sell that Redpaw for a little under $10 and try to get most of your money back.

Spookie

MUHAHAHAHA. Now I have one.
happytears.gif

Still can't afford Carty though due to the ridiculous price. Bounch sort it out :(

Matt! Are you coming out of your hiding spot tomorrow? Remember when I bought familiar woods and you responded to my post that one time? I thought we were BFF =(
I'm not hiding I have just been busy.

Set a time and place for a new GAF meet up and I'll try and be there.

So this is a little late but I feel I need to get it off my chest.

THE EVERLOVING FUCKING WAS THAT BULLSHIT DK YOU FUCKING FUCKS HOW DO YOU COMPLETELY FUCK UP A WON GAME THAT BAD FUCK FUCK FUCKSCGHRSVHEFJFSVRRvghcdgrferrfggrgrgrkllf

Thank you for your time.

boosh5

Banned
Awww, I really wanted that Venge set to be in the chests since they had a card for it, but I guess that's not happening.

Hylian7

I don't understand why some people even play this game, especially play Ranked.

Luckily the game this incident happened in, the server shit itself, everyone lost connection, and the game disappeared from existence (we might have actually won it though).

Basically the game starts, we all connect, this guy in chat says "Get an offlaner and a support" and when we get to picks, I pick Tinker and put my icon on mid. Well this guy is not sitting on a hero, but puts his marker on the map and says "I'm mid", his marker shows up as Bounty Hunter. I say "Uhh no, I already picked that" and then he starts claiming he said it first, and picks Windrunner and comes mid with me and says he is going to dual mid it.

He autoattacks creeps, uses Powershots on SINGLE CREEPS for single last hits (because I'm getting more CS than him). He still won't leave the lane. I get my bottle, then I call in my boots, and he fucking STOPS THE COURIER, TAKES MY BOOTS AND GOES TO THE OFFLANE. Now he says "I hope you learn a fucking lesson, fucking kids like you shouldn't do that." and he just keeps the boots.

I eventually farm out BoTs recipe, and then once I have it he drops my boots in the fountain. He tries to say all "Tinker, we cool, I hope you learned a lesson." No, fuck people like that. The whole thing makes my blood boil. Why do people like that even play ranked?

Then he calls me a troll for getting mid.

Fucking pieces of shit like that guy are the AIDS of Dota.

Also, there really needs to be a way to disable people from touching your items, similar to the "disable help" function. I can't think of a single reason someone would ever need someone else's boots, especially since they aren't shareable.

The worst part about it is that there is LITERALLY NOTHING you can do if someone on your team decides to screw you over like that. That game we might have had a chance before the server shit itself, but in other games where that kind of thing happens that loses you games, and you lose the MMR, and there's not a single fucking thing you can do about it. God it pisses me off that people in the Dota community exist like that.

FtHTiny

picks Windrunner and comes mid with me and says he is going to dual mid it.

Sometimes you need to be the bigger man and just go somewhere else. It´s not like tinker is forced to go mid. These kind of tards are only in 1 out of 10 games so just suck it up and go farm ancients or something.

Hylian7

Sometimes you need to be the bigger man and just go somewhere else. It´s not like tinker is forced to go mid. These kind of tards are only in 1 out of 10 games so just suck it up and go farm ancients or something.

Might have worked at this game, but ancient farming is really easy for the other team to stop and that could have completely fucked up the match. It's just extremely frustrating there's nothing you can do about tards like this.

You in the trench son.

Every MMR is the trench then.

ZeroX03

Banned
Also, there really needs to be a way to disable people from touching your items, similar to the "disable help" function. I can't think of a single reason someone would ever need someone else's boots, especially since they aren't shareable.

I just had a game where I was Nature's Prophet, courier was being used by someone else was in base. Mid dropped his boots on the ground, I picked them up, TP'd mid, killed their mid, gave him his boots all before the courier was finished with the other player. Reason!

Hylian7

I just had a game where I was Nature's Prophet, courier was being used by someone else was in base. Mid dropped his boots on the ground, I picked them up, TP'd mid, killed their mid, gave him his boots all before the courier was finished with the other player. Reason!

Still needs a "disable taking my items" function like the "disable help" That's the ideal solution. I've seen people use that to troll more than actually do things like that. I think I've seen things like that maybe once or twice. I remember a game I was Nyx and snowballing, and we had an NP, I would drop my Dagon recipes in fountain, he would go get them for me and bring them to me.

On a different note: Was this AM just trolling or was there really something to this?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/786315821

lztnhMU.png

Granted he really didn't have much impact in the game until it was time to come bulldoze our base. Our Void was also really bad which basically lost us the game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You need to just forget about these games, ranting about it online doesn't really do anything. Also if someone says get an offlane and support, I'd get the feeling they're three and have the other positions covered. Also if you had a way to disable dropping items from courier then people could just stick 6 branches on it and you'd not be able to do a thing.

Hylian7

You need to just forget about these games, ranting about it online doesn't really do anything. Also if someone says get an offlane and support, I'd get the feeling they're three and have the other positions covered. Also if you had a way to disable dropping items from courier then people could just stick 6 branches on it and you'd not be able to do a thing.

True, just frustrating because these kinds of games aren't raising my MMR. I would think if they were three (these guys weren't), they would at least consult with the other teammates on their strategy instead of just throwing a pissy fit when someone picks something before them. Also one of my Dota pet peeves is people that call their lane on the loading screen (usually "mid", but can be other lanes too) and then don't even have a hero they are hovering over to pick, then bitch about it when someone picks before them while they waited 45 seconds without even hovering over a hero.

Also, that isn't exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more of preventing direct interaction with items. So for instance you can still hit "Return items to stash" on the courier and it would return the branches to the person's stash, but you couldn't drag them onto your hero, if that makes sense.

Acinixys

Still needs a "disable taking my items" function like the "disable help" That's the ideal solution. I've seen people use that to troll more than actually do things like that. I think I've seen things like that maybe once or twice.

Instead of this, the people should NEVER be allowed to touch your items in the courier unless its a bottle.

The option should be allow X player to touch my shit, while the rest are still banned. So the only way people can interact with your stuff is if you allow them

Kreunt

Banned
I pick Tinker and put my icon on mid. Well this guy is not sitting on a hero, but puts his marker on the map and says "I'm mid", his marker shows up as Bounty Hunter. I say "Uhh no, I already picked that" and then he starts claiming he said it first, and picks Windrunner and comes mid with me and says he is going to dual mid it.

You should really call mid if you want it, most people don't even look at that map.

Spookie

Dat feeling when you get a team who has their shit together, is aware of each others positioning and is thankful/polite through out the game. Feels good.

We also stomped a bunch of salty Russians. Felt good.

Hylian7

You should really call mid if you want it, most people don't even look at that map.

People usually look at that map in my games. Regardless, I find it a little stupid to call your lane on the loading screen and without even hovering over a hero. Like if you're going to call a lane at least pick something or be hovering on it.

Red UFO

So, like, how useful is Techies really? Just played as him and really don't know how he fits, feels like his only use is just being a pain in the ass, but I dunno how useful that would make him try-hard games.

dmshaposv

I noticed that awesome void head, perceptions of the eternal mind, is showing up on the market. Is that a TI4 card or unrelated? Really want one - maybe a non genuine chest soon?

I don't whether u should buy, since the dumbass community voted to change his model.

Void's design is the best hero design in the game. Inspired by Guillermo Del Toro's trademark style.

Fucking nerds didn't get it.

pans_labyrinth_05_large.jpg

enjoy your face-full void. He'll look stupid with eyes.

Aselith

I don't whether u should buy, since the dumbass community voted to change his model.

Void's design is the best hero design in the game. Inspired by Guillermo Del Toro's trademark style.

Fucking nerds didn't get it.

pans_labyrinth_05_large.jpg

enjoy your face-full void. He'll look stupid with eyes.

What if they make him even more like that instead?

Reckoner

Luckily the game this incident happened in, the server shit itself, everyone lost connection, and the game disappeared from existence (we might have actually won it though).

Basically the game starts, we all connect, this guy in chat says "Get an offlaner and a support" and when we get to picks, I pick Tinker and put my icon on mid. Well this guy is not sitting on a hero, but puts his marker on the map and says "I'm mid", his marker shows up as Bounty Hunter. I say "Uhh no, I already picked that" and then he starts claiming he said it first, and picks Windrunner and comes mid with me and says he is going to dual mid it.

He autoattacks creeps, uses Powershots on SINGLE CREEPS for single last hits (because I'm getting more CS than him). He still won't leave the lane. I get my bottle, then I call in my boots, and he fucking STOPS THE COURIER, TAKES MY BOOTS AND GOES TO THE OFFLANE. Now he says "I hope you learn a fucking lesson, fucking kids like you shouldn't do that." and he just keeps the boots.

I eventually farm out BoTs recipe, and then once I have it he drops my boots in the fountain. He tries to say all "Tinker, we cool, I hope you learned a lesson." No, fuck people like that. The whole thing makes my blood boil. Why do people like that even play ranked?

Then he calls me a troll for getting mid.

Fucking pieces of shit like that guy are the AIDS of Dota.

The worst part about it is that there is LITERALLY NOTHING you can do if someone on your team decides to screw you over like that. That game we might have had a chance before the server shit itself, but in other games where that kind of thing happens that loses you games, and you lose the MMR, and there's not a single fucking thing you can do about it. God it pisses me off that people in the Dota community exist like that.

I feel your pain, sir.

I recently got a game where the dude didn't stop talking because he wanted mid too, even though it wasn't useful for the team. Then, started selling our items on the courier or dropping them randomly on the map and feeding the other team. I hope with the raising of MMR this stops happening, because it's really upsetting. The other matches where you find good cooperative teammates and result in great and entertaining matches compensate for this kind of stuff and is the reason I don't stop playing solo ranked.

RS4-

As a jungler (I'm going Doom right now), should I get Hand of Midas first or complete Boots?

I think it really depends on how fast you're farming and if there's any worry about getting harassed.

And I'm not a fan of both the Void and Viper model.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Honestly every time I poke my head into ranked the player quality, both in gameplay and attitude, seems to fall off a cliff.

Its a shame, because I really like the idea on the surface, having a measurable number to track your level of skill in the Dota MM system. But it attracts both people who also find that idea interesting and assholes who think that the whole point of playing games is to watch numbers go up.

Top Bottom