• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Quesa

Do you mean 100% magic resistance or actually immunity as in being unstunnable and so forth?

Yeah. Maybe make it like abaddon's ult where you can also activate it manually once you have a certain number of stacks but it can also trigger while you're stunned or something

ViviOggi

Manaless Blink has been so unbelievably healthy for the meta there's no way it gets nerfed anytime soon. Buffing Force Staff and Lothars is something I could see Icefrog do.

Falk

that puzzling face
How do you even nerf Blink without giving it a mana cost again? Maybe they just buff Shadow Blade a bunch.

At some point in Dotes history I'd really have liked to see Blink trigger a half second mute or -50% damage or something to make it more of a juke and/or positioning item than 'lol everyone drops in from hyperspace' which is now exacerbated by its lack of mana cost, but that would change up the core mechanics of what defines the item at this point. Might have been an awesome change half a decade ago, but it'd just spark a shitstorm now.

All classic blink users are still very high tier, such as tide bat enigma and puck, they can all afford a slight nerf via blink dagger. Since it got free everyone and their mother is buying one. Imo it just needs a slight range nerf. 1200 -> 900 should do it.

U65GEOS.png

Been a rough few days...

TUSR

Banned
All classic blink users are still very high tier, such as tide bat enigma and puck, they can all afford a slight nerf via blink dagger. Since it got free everyone and their mother is buying one. Imo it just needs a slight range nerf. 1200 -> 900 should do it.

this wont happen, some heroes need blink as a core item

ViviOggi

What are you talking about? Puck and Enigma aren't picked much, a nerf to Blink would throw them right into oblivion, especially a range reduction. Batrider got hit with the nerf bat pretty much every patch and finally looks to be in a good spot, further nerfs aren't warranted for him either at this point.

TUSR

Banned
How about making blink cost a % of your max mana, with a cap of 75 mana cost?

interesting idea, what other mechanics in this game use %mana pool for a cost?

They should just add one second to the cooldown triggered when you get hit.

whaaaaaat

What are you talking about? Puck and Enigma aren't picked much, a nerf to Blink would throw them right into oblivion, especially a range reduction. Batrider got hit with the nerf bat pretty much every patch and finally looks to be in a good spot, further nerfs aren't warranted for him either at this point.

batrider is still really good, even after his Sticky Napalm got nerfed for farming. I agree that he doesnt need any further nerfs.

Enigma is/was pretty common all throughout TI.

Ketch

interesting idea, what other mechanics in this game use %mana pool for a cost?

whaaaaaat

Ogres aghs and storms zip off the top of my head.

And I mean instead of 3 seconds before you can blink after taking damage, make it 4.

Or just make it more expensive. 2500 gold.

Wut, Enigma gets picked a lot. And he doesn't even build Blink that often, he gets picked up because he can build a shit ton of items very fast and can take towers fast. You nerf Blink he just picks up Mek/Pipe/BKB/whatever.
Longer cooldown.

Longer disable on hit.

Make it cost more.

Only teleport 1 unit away.

Too many ways.

I meant ways to nerf it that would actually make it less viable of an item. Longer CD, longer disable don't actually matter when all you want to do is Blink in once and cast Ravage/Epi/Black Hole/whatever. Higher cost could work but it would screw over a lot of barely viable heroes, shorter range could work.

ViviOggi

Enigma is/was pretty common all throughout TI.

Wut, Enigma gets picked a lot. And he doesn't even build Blink that often, he gets picked up because he can build a shit ton of items very fast and can take towers fast. You nerf Blink he just picks up Mek/Pipe/BKB/whatever.

5 picks, 8 bans (a bunch of them respect bans), 40% win rate, and that's a rather recent development due to the Midnight Pulse buff. I never said he's bad or not picked at all but he's no "very high tier".

Ketch

It makes it not as safe and just barely more situational.

Also, if your not getting Armlet on WK then what are you doing? There's a flow chart and everything.

TI5 Armlet on every hero. Also, fix vanguard pls.

eznark

Banned
Blink causing armor reduction would make it less useful for initiators without totally jacking the item. I think I'd be ok with that? I don't know, I like blink being super useful. It's a fun item, even though I usually go forcestaff.

Quesa

Ok no but for real let's talk about ogre magi and making him cool. How about adding a guaranteed multicast thing? Like if you don't use the ability for x amount of time you get a free multicast. Maybe like 40/80/120 seconds for double/triple/quad?

Reckoner

I played against a team with Treant Protector. They won with almost every tower up, even though we had the most number of kills.

Today we had Treant Protector. We won the match because of him.

So, Treant Protector is the key to winning?

TUSR

Banned
Ok no but for real let's talk about ogre magi and making him cool. How about adding a guaranteed multicast thing? Like if you don't use the ability for x amount of time you get a free multicast. Maybe like 40/80/120 seconds for double/triple/quad?

so every ogre ever would build eth blade and wait for quads

Ultimatum

Banned

i would quit dota

ViviOggi

Give him a 60 sec cd slot machine skill that guarantees a multicast on the next stun (3 of a kind = triple, sevens = quad)

I also like manaless blink

Making it cost mana again will suck hard

Centuar, Slardar and other strength initiators will become useless again
Implying Slardar isn't useless

Guaranteed Multicast every 40~ seconds is fine, but guaranteeing triples and quads is just disgusting.

I played against a team with Treant Protector. They won with almost every tower up, even though we had the most number of kills.

Today we had Treant Protector. We won the match because of him.

So, Treant Protector is the key to winning?

Treant changes around how you have to play a lot, if the other team has Treant then trying to push becomes pointless unless you can guarantee the tower because they'll just heal it up. Makes it hard for your creep wave to push or to do some chip damage to a tower

A good Treant pretty much wins games if the other team doesn't push properly

Top Bottom