• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Raytow

Hey EG...miss me?

jimmy-demon-ho-professional-dota-2-player.jpg

Isn't throwmon a support?

Ketch

Probably waiting for the Korean Dota 2 League Season 3 to start, although I'm not sure what their plans are considering they were nearly relegated last season

They're under contract to finish season three. And then I think purge and blitz want to come home.

Also, obviously, FEAR is coming back and EGs gonna win TI5. Hype train! Let's Go! USA USA USA USA USA!

When's the compendium coming out? Last year at this time something something.

KingKong

I wonder what will happen to DK, Lanm already retired and Burning might too, so they'll break up? or steal some talent from another team. I don't see iG sticking together, imagine Chuan on DK

Falk

that puzzling face
Lets just go with Fear being dead, who is the best North American carry player? I really can't think of many that could replace Mason. Slim pickings.

Maybe import from EU, Excalibur for EG!

Why not BurNIng? Since DK is disbanding.

Since it wasn't blatantly obvious, that was the joke

I wonder what will happen to DK, Lanm already retired and Burning might too, so they'll break up? or steal some talent from another team. I don't see iG sticking together, imagine Chuan on DK

I'd say a lot of that depends on Burning, if he retires I can see the current DK completely breaking up

Why's that?

What other hero in the game has such a profound affect by just being in proximity of a team fight? Or a massive AoE ulti that does physical damage making it impossible to BKB counter? DP is the only hero in the game that wins fights by not even actually fighting. Your one goal is to be within 1000 units of a team fight and let your ulti just tear them apart. It's absolute nonsense.

Sibylus

Banned
What other hero in the game has such a profound affect by just being in proximity of a team fight? Or a massive AoE ulti that does physical damage making it impossible to BKB counter? DP is the only hero in the game that wins fights by not even actually fighting. Your one goal is to be within 1000 units of a team fight and let your ulti just tear them apart. It's absolute nonsense.
Ghost Scepters and Armor (from about a billion possible sources) are affordable and effective.

Sibylus

Banned
So an entire team should have to invest 1700 gold each to counter a single hero?
1,700 1,600 gold isn't much even for a support, but that's not the low end.

Basi is 500. Buckler 800 (Mekansm 2,300). Tranquils 975. Medallion 1,075.

If you can grit your teeth to buy a BKB against the stable of disables and burst damage out there, I don't see the problem with building against a DP.

I can't see Envy leaving c9 any time soon. The team will likely stick together for better or worse, Jack seemed really happy about their performance.

Jack? Is that the manager?

And honestly, wasn't this C9 first international? They did really good with some costly mistakes, nothing that can't be fixed with a coach and some pressure/stress managing classes.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The only non-Chinese team to place higher than C9 was EG. How could they possibly be disappointed by their performance?

elyetis

So my question is...what makes Battlefury a dismissive purchase on PA? I feel like the cleave and mana regen in conjunction with PA's passive and steroid greatly accelerate her jungle clear times and consequently, her ability to get items in her inventory. I know Drums --> BKB is usually more popular, but neither really pumps up her farming speeds. I also realize that the later build can be obtained faster and allows her to team fight a little more in the 10-20 minute range of game time.

Is it just a matter of the style of midgame you want to play, or is the item a blanket "do not buy"? Or is it a fine purchase?
I might be wrong on that, but I think the general idea is that PA has a far too good mid game to 'waste' it farming with a battlefury.

shira

The only non-Chinese team to place higher than C9 was EG. How could they possibly be disappointed by their performance?
Obvious level 1 rosh

Jack? Is that the manager?

And honestly, wasn't this C9 first international? They did really good with some costly mistakes, nothing that can't be fixed with a coach and some pressure/stress managing classes.
They have a coach
You can't take choking prevention classes

I can't see Envy leaving c9 any time soon. The team will likely stick together for better or worse, Jack seemed really happy about their performance.
They can compete in TI, but if he wants to win TI he is going to need a better team.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Obvious level 1 rosh

Well they almost got away with it. Most of VG was heading to the jungle to ward Enigma's camp before they either changed their minds or heard the crowd reaction.

It was really risky and it didn't pay off, but it almost did.

SamVimes

C9 made a really dumb mistake with that level 1 rosh but they should be pretty happy considering that besides newbee they're the only team that didn't get completely humiliated on vici's way to the final.

How is that different than BKBs against certain heroes?

BKB stops a ton of magic effects, largely disables, and has diminishing returns as well as a steep investment. It's not common for 5 players to all go for BKB, only certain heroes that benefit from a single stun ruining their day or hard carries which are intended to farm. There's also the fact that BKB is a counter to those heroes, AoE physical damage abilities don't really have a counter, and popping BKB doesn't increase the amount of physical damage you take or render you useless. Pop a Ghost Scepter against a Krob in a team fight and any magic damage will destroy you just as badly if not worse, which means Krob and say a Lion put you between a rock and a hard place.

1,700 1,600 gold isn't much even for a support, but that's not the low end.

Basi is 500. Buckler 800 (Mekansm 2,300). Tranquils 975. Medallion 1,075.

If you can grit your teeth to buy a BKB against the stable of disables and burst damage out there, I don't see the problem with building against a DP.

The thing is, BKB is a steep investment that you have to get against as you say, a stable of disables and burst damage. But Krob's ulti completely ignores that, and even with 0 disables on her team they can wreck you since just her presence does pretty massive amounts of damage. This is all not even factoring in the other heroes on her team.

1,600 gold is quite a bit for a support considering her peak effectiveness is early-mid game. There's a reason supports don't rush things like Ghost Scepters and they are considered a luxury item, that 1600 gold can be put to better use.

Zeth

I got one
Perceptions_of_the_Eternal_Mind_prev1.png

If CyborgMatt or anyone find any evidence that it's re-releasing in a chest or something please alert me so I can recoup some steam bux - lol.

Hope the model update isn't a ground up do-over. I love Faceless Void the way he is. I'm even warming up to his default armor, it looks better than most of the skins.

Sibylus

Banned
The thing is, BKB is a steep investment that you have to get against as you say, a stable of disables and burst damage. But Krob's ulti completely ignores that, and even with 0 disables on her team they can wreck you since just her presence does pretty massive amounts of damage. This is all not even factoring in the other heroes on her team.

1,600 gold is quite a bit for a support considering her peak effectiveness is early-mid game. There's a reason supports don't rush things like Ghost Scepters and they are considered a luxury item, that 1600 gold can be put to better use.
And why is it that the numerous examples of early-mid game armor don't register as being helpful in this regard? Ghost Scepter needn't be your first stop. What you're essentially arguing is that DP punishes poor support play. Is that an issue for the game balance?

Problem with BKB is that most players think it is the most important item for a carry, even though the other team's physical damage just completely wrecks your hero.

Hell, I have people who still call to get it even when the other team has no reliable stuns. Annoying really.

Kard8p3

I'm home, but I can't play DOTA (or at the very least, it will be incredibly hard). My only source of sound is my headphones, but they were breaking so I had my brother send them off for RMA last Friday 8(. No idea when they will return.

What do you do when your team has 1 real carry and him and 3 others decide to have a 20 min staredown in the middle at the river with 3 enemies while their 2 cores are farming up?

I'm so tired of losing like this

Why do people pick a carry if they're not gona farm
Why do carries farm a §25 minute lol) bfury or a maelstrom if they're not going to use it to farm...
Why does an anti mage farm a vanguard (against an almost all magic team as bonus) in a 3600 mmr ranked game?
Why do people not understand that when the enemy team has a PA and a spectre, that you are on a timer and you need to take towers when the support buys a mek? but no, we crush early game lets go hunting some enemies for 20 minutes while the PA dissapears into the jungle along with a support to farm his bkb and first big item
Why is it that when your team has 0 map control, finally wins a big teamfight then goes off to chase that last guy around the map for 60 seconds rather than finally push down that first t1 and maybe regain some map control
Oh and another support player favorite: why do I ward at the enemy ancients (playing radiant) so we can push that last safelane tower only to have the team spend the next 10 minutes repeatedly running into the fog on the other side of the map and dying.

It's impossible to win when people refuse to play objectives or refuse to play according to their role

/rant

shira

Well they almost got away with it. Most of VG was heading to the jungle to ward Enigma's camp before they either changed their minds or heard the crowd reaction.

It was really risky and it didn't pay off, but it almost did.

No. They should have just aborted instead of feeding 3 kills

Danielsan

Just played a newbie match and was doing amazing with my Razor. The other team was feeding me kills left and right. Then I got disconnected from the game and the Dota 2 servers are apparently offline. God damnit...

Top Bottom