• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Kade

Anyone at the event catch Supergiant Games?

ZuOTJy5.png

Bonus: TA art by Jen Zee

Greg rocking the Killer 7 Fangamer shirt.

Respect.

antigoon

Captains Mode is a revelation (to me). I'm getting a ridiculous variance in skill levels when I queue (I'm not yet level 13 on the account i've been using lately), but the entire atmosphere is so much better and conducive to teamwork. I know this isn't news to anyone but I'm just really happy with it after a week or so of games. And we actually get to run trilanes!

Only bad thing is when someone instapicks captain and doesn't talk to the team during drafting :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I suppose I could make some smurf accounts and trade the gem and rewatch the same games a few times. That's not bannable is it? I'm not sure what Valve's policy on smurfs is.

Captains Mode is a revelation (to me). I'm getting a ridiculous variance in skill levels when I queue (I'm not yet level 13 on the account i've been using lately), but the entire atmosphere is so much better and conducive to teamwork. I know this isn't news to anyone but I'm just really happy with it after a week or so of games. And we actually get to run trilanes!

Only bad thing is when someone instapicks captain and doesn't talk to the team during drafting :(

All the modes besides All Pick are pretty good. All Pick is the worst; if I wanted idiots and flamers in every game I'd just go play ranked.

yami4ct

Had my first non-garbage match with real players. My first two matches I've played like absolute garbage, but I think I'm finally starting to get a small handle on playing. We still got killed (the other team was over fed to all hell), but I was easily the best member on my team. I was able to do things like hold off a 2v1 on a lane. I even got them to push far enough in that I got a kill on one and was able to take out a second after a Wraith King ult revive. I actually was able to get them to over-extend several times for a kill, so that's fun. Also had the least deaths on my team, so that was cool. Even though we ended up getting absolutely demolished, I still had fun with the loss. Maybe I can get into this game after all.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm slowly getting better with invoker since i decided to gave up on eul's combo, i am not good enough to pull that off consistently. Instead I go exort and quas maxed and right click fools, i put one point into wex too to cast some useful spells but i mostly go for right click dmg.

FACE

Banned
I'm slowly getting better with invoker since i decided to gave up on eul's combo, i am not good enough to pull that off consistently. Instead I go exort and quas maxed and right click fools, i put one point into wex too to cast some useful spells but i mostly go for right click dmg.

Feels like a waste.

Satch

Banned
i dont get the invoker right click damage thing. hes got 10 spells of pure unadulterated SLAYAGE and u wanna right click?

also.... ABADDON SHITS! dota gaf needs to get into him. it feels so good when youre the one thing keeping your carry alive :))))))))

i just played a game and i had to heal and keep aphotic shield on our drow and she thanked me at the end. thats power.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A Golden Doomling would have been the easy way. I'm just selling a bunch of stuff.
What kind of stuff? Did you get some Windranger Bows? Have a shit ton of Econ cards? I can't think of what would have a huge return of investment.

Ketch

What kind of stuff? Did you get some Windranger Bows? Have a shit ton of Econ cards? I can't think of what would have a huge return of investment.

The free swag bag is like 50 bucks on ebay. That's what I'm doing with mine…. I'll probably include my poster signed by Zai and GA badge signed by merlini to try and boost it up a bit.

JustinBB7

Memories of fountain hooking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5I-5eo_vDM

So glad I went last year.

Is it just me or do the teamfights look way better for some reason. Felt like we never saw this stuff much. Might just be the heroes picked or something. Man previous internationals were so good. :(

LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RzdeknVr0

How did I never see this? "JESUS FUCKING WEPT!"

Wow. That too fat to be useful comment was so good lol.

Kade

Combination of codes and items (physical and digital, gold and normal). Combine that with my own money and I've definitely got enough to go next year and do everything I want to do.

manfestival

Last night, I learned that I could save an enemy from assured death by necro ult. I was able to euuls my enemy into safety. My teammate which was necro was confused. I then proceeded to KS.

coughlanio

I'm new to the game, and I've played ~70 hours or so, I'm about to quit unless I can find a static group to play with, I just can't tolerate pubs anymore. The complete lack of co-ordination and vitriol just ruins the game for me :(

Top Bottom