• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I'm new to the game, and I've played ~70 hours or so, I'm about to quit unless I can find a static group to play with, I just can't tolerate pubs anymore. The complete lack of co-ordination and vitriol just ruins the game for me :(

you can always join the GAF guild and ask if anyone is queuing.

that said, you haven't found any good players that you had a good experience with and added them along the way? That's usually the best way to expand your static friend pool. and 70 hours...you're still a baby. just mute everyone and use the chat wheel and pings to communicate if people are pissing you off or something.

coughlanio

you can always join the GAF guild and ask if anyone is queuing.

that said, you haven't found any good players that you had a good experience with and added them along the way? That's usually the best way to expand your static friend pool.

I've added some people from /r/dota2, but they seem to never be online to play, or already in games with a group. How do I join the GAF guild?

okay so why are some of these items cheaper when theyre inscribed than just plain i dont get it

because people are dumb.

people don't usually check every version of an item they're going to sell, and the market has accepted a certain price point. various fluctuations can cause a better version of an item to temporarily be the same price as or cheaper than the version that should be less money.

Wok

okay so why are some of these items cheaper when theyre inscribed than just plain i dont get it

Not everyone knows inscribed is better, especially since 1) Inscribed is translated in gibberish in other languages (runique in French), and 2) there is this orange frame around the object, which is awful. I once did not know one could hammer an Inscribed item and get a standard item, so I bought a standard item which was more expensive than the inscribed version of the item.

Ketch

I can't carry with mirana… I always have great mid game, hit arrows, set up ganks, win fights…. then axe buys radiance and razor has 3 wraith bands and a daedulus and we loose.

kiyomi

I'm new to the game, and I've played ~70 hours or so, I'm about to quit unless I can find a static group to play with, I just can't tolerate pubs anymore. The complete lack of co-ordination and vitriol just ruins the game for me :(

I've only put 30 hours in, feel free to add me if you wanna play regularly (in the UK). Same Steam username + avatar.

okay whats the immortal stuff i need to buy before it gets more expensive

i missed out on so much shit

nevermind i figured it out its just that shit from the chests

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lose to fountain hook > icefrog removes it > wins $5,000,000

The collusion is real.

shira

Lose to fountain hook > icefrog removes it > wins $5,000,000

The collusion is real.

XzIoSkH.jpg

Conceptor

so the Inscribed Empyreans on the Market, most of them are missing the Kinetic gem and aren't worth getting right?

edit: there are a surprisingly large amount of abandoners in AD

Arkanius

Wraith King players who skip Blink Dagger and Mjollnir and go for the oldschool Deso + AC build don't belong in my bracket.

How about both?
Say again?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/793768342

P.S

Armlet is the first item in my build. It really makes all the difference in the early game with that incredible attack speed. Most people aren't even expecting me to attack so quick and criting so, I usually win every early fight.

manfestival

so the Inscribed Empyreans on the Market, most of them are missing the Kinetic gem and aren't worth getting right?

imo no, the gem is going for 2 dollars and even a reg empyrean is over 3 dollars. Absolutely ridiculous to me. I just saw the golden genuine one without the gem on the market. are you serious? that seller is a dbag

imo no, the gem is going for 2 dollars and even a reg empyrean is over 3 dollars. Absolutely ridiculous to me. I just saw the golden genuine one without the gem on the market. are you serious? that seller is a dbag

Golden Empyrean's don't have a kinetic gem.

Yes, do not buy a normal Empyrean without the gem. and yes, sellers are douchebags waaaaay too fucking often.

dmshaposv

I bought an empyrean where it showed the gem in it on the market, and once it came into my inventory it only had a normal inscribed gem and no kinetic gem.

The market is super fucking dodgy. They are exploiting some gem bug im sure.

Anyway what does the gem do? I assume only a small visual cast animation change? Because i still get the modified particle effects and ability icon change anyway. So i didnt bother wasting $2 on getting the gem.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Made this post prior to ti4, gonna pat myself on the back a bit here.
So who do you guys think are underrated teams going into TI4? I kinda feel like LGD and VG are being slept on. Looking at the Dota2Lounge bets, VG is at 35.13, compare that to Na'Vi at 2.97 and Cloud9 at 16.47. I would put VG ahead of Cloud9 for sure, and possibly Na'Vi (but Na'Vi's odds are skewed by the popularity factor). LGD is at freaking 69.7, second to Na'Vi.US for worst odds, yet they have a really strong team, in theory. It wasn't even that long ago that they came in second in a tournament with all of the top Chinese teams, beating all but Newbee (mostly in BO1s).

Kard8p3

GAF, which immortal looks best golden? Was leaning towards getting Undying or SWM item. Not getting the ES totem tho bc it looks ass and I have the EG set.

GAF, which immortal looks best golden? Was leaning towards getting Undying or SWM item. Not getting the ES totem tho bc it looks ass and I have the EG set.
I prefer the Sky item. The ult looks so good when golden.

Fissure is cool too. But I don't play that much ES so if I had to choose I'd go with the Sky item.

Nothing says, "fuck you" and "baller" like a golden Skywrath ult.

Why does swm have a banana lance?
360fx360f

Bananas are white on the inside sir.

Top Bottom