• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

3EWaKOX.png

izuijmr55Kkx4.gif

There was already a time when people bought shadow blade on every hero. I don't want to go back to those times.

Was? Just played a game where the TA,sniper and LC all got Shadow blades.

Next match, LC got shadow blade.

Next match, Mirana got shadow blade.

Next match, sniper got shadow blade.

Big Dog

Every day I hope to hear about the next update to this game. I'm having less fun the further this patch lingers around. It's pretty easy to see who is going to win based solely on drafts these days. That isn't very fun to me, especially since all I play are pub games are don't want to be playing meta heroes 24/7. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but whatever patch was out for last years TI3 was a fun patch I thought. It would also be nice to see some of the long standing meta heroes get nerfed out and see some different heroes come into the light. I just want the game to be a bit more fun in the drafting, not just the same old heroes winning most games.

Maybe blink dagger should have blink distance difference/cooldown difference between melee heroes and ranged heroes.

Just don't buff shadow blade. Detection is hard in pubs already.

#icantbalance

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
shadow blade definitely needs a minor buff

The big 3 initiation/escape/mobility items that compete with each other are blink dagger, force staff, and shadowblade. We've pretty much reached a point where 0 heroes use SB in their core, from prophet, to alch, to SF, to DK, etc... The former two are simply much better options right now, and instead of nerfing them, bring SB up to par.

I don't even think SB was OP in the 6.78 era, it was core on like 4-5 heroes and situational on some others, but because of pubs, it got way overnerfed ala spiritbreaker. 18s CD ---> 28s, really? Could have at least gone to 22-25s first -_-.

Pratfall

Outside of being terrible at estimating blink distances, my first game on sand king went really well. Stacked some camps, farmed my blink, owned fools. This hero is fun as shit.

shira

shadow blade definitely needs a minor buff

The big 3 initiation/escape/mobility items that compete with each other are blink dagger, force staff, and shadowblade. We've pretty much reached a point where 0 heroes use SB in their core, from prophet, to alch, to SF, to DK, etc... The former two are simply much better options right now, and instead of nerfing them, bring SB up to par.

I don't even think SB was OP in the 6.78 era, it was core on like 4-5 heroes and situational on some others, but because of pubs, it got hella nerfed ala spiritbreaker.

Shadow_Amulet_icon.png
+
Shadow_Amulet_icon.png
+
Claymore_icon.png
=
BJoj6q1.png

Shadowblade 2 creates an invisibility so invisible that it cannot be revealed by dust, sentries, or gem.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shadow_Amulet_icon.png
+
Shadow_Amulet_icon.png
+
Claymore_icon.png
=
BJoj6q1.png

Shadowblade 2 creates an invisibility so invisible that it cannot be revealed by dust, sentries, or gem.

Shadowblade 2 causes user to lose 8% of current HP per second of use, non-lethal damage. Necrophos pub win rate to increase to 65%.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
IDK about a Shadow Blade 2, but I'd kinda like to see some new items added with the next balance patch.

I think Kunkka is the only hero that still builds SB every time, and he doesn't really get it for the invis but the extra damage. Even Slark doesn't get SB anymore in competitive.

Meanwhile Blink is now viable on literally every hero that doesn't already have it and Force Staff is everywhere.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at my stats, Golden Doomling is right now slightly more common then Golden Baby Roshan (59 Known compared to 48 Known). Now to play the waiting game and see if the gold versions are sold on their own.

Looks like the odds for getting a Gold Figure weren't actually that bad, somewhere between 10% to 20%. Also, whats interesting is about 40% of the Immortal chests opened seem to be the Autographed variety.

Also, there is one guy who somehow owns one of the "default" items:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998773074/inventory/#570_2_1277175916

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://dotabuff.com/matches/805913373

THIS INVOKER WAS THE FUCKING WORST!!!! Someone please watch this replay (pls no bully, I sucked too) and just WATCH the invoker! PLEASE! HE WAS EULSING PEOPLE CAUGHT IN BLACK HOLE BY THEMSELVES! MUTLIPLE ATIMEMSSS HJAHAHFIGHIAGHAG FUCKKKKKKKKK

Commended the shit out of that Tiny tho.

shira

Mousepads back in stock, the fastest selling item at TI3/4
Get while hot

http://www.welovefine.com/nby2.php?k=mousepad&ss.x=0&ss.y=0&ss=Search

Looking at my stats, Golden Doomling is right now slightly more common then Golden Baby Roshan (59 Known compared to 48 Known). Now to play the waiting game and see if the gold versions are sold on their own.

Looks like the odds for getting a Gold Figure weren't actually that bad, somewhere between 10% to 20%. Also, whats interesting is about 40% of the Immortal chests opened seem to be the Autographed variety.

Also, there is one guy who somehow owns one of the "default" items:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998773074/inventory/#570_2_1277175916

I heard gold stays, are you going to panic sell or keep it?

Seems reckless of Valve to make a "trust fund" type item catered for TI4 VIP's.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I heard gold stays, are you going to panic sell or keep it?

Seems reckless of Valve to make a "trust fund" type item catered for TI4 VIP's.

I honestly have no Gold Items, got unlucky with the Demiheroes and didn't got to TI4 to shop, but my opinion is you should not invest in the Gold Items. There is a good chance the series 1 Demiheroes will be on the market for a solid year until a bit after TI5, and will continue to have a chance of being gold.

Also, I hope more of these figures come out, I want the CM:
http://2p.com/6390386_1/Limited-Edi...eased-at-TI4-China-Qualifier-by-JaminNoob.htm

Also, looking at the pictures, the void head looks like its missing a piece in game, some clock thing:
20140516035641a0dsc7esyne1o6ot.jpg

pw_faceless_head.9e542a812e905892274c93162c8642ea6226b803.png

sheesh... i need to play with you guys sometime......

been playing like 500+ bot games...i do have some peeps to play with when they invite me.

i just need my pub/ranked mojo back

;_;

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pretty sure my buddy and I are undefeated when we roll Bane/Centaur lane. What a stupid good wombo combo that is.

dmshaposv

I'm experiencing SingSing withdrawal, he's now narrating my life.

"Are you fooking stoopid?"
"Oh my gawwwd"
"EZ Katka"

It won't stop

i watched that one video where kuroky was wisp and sing was NS.

Most annoying shit ever. I don't watch player streams but singsing seems unbearable. What do you guys find endearing about him?

Top Bottom