• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Razzer

I'm telling you that the scale of the International and the amount of work that goes into it warrants a break for everyone involved.

Every TI has a longish content break with the exception of tickets and chest updates.

For what it's worth I wasn't being serious. I just enjoy latching onto post chains.

brentech

I'm telling you that the scale of the International and the amount of work that goes into it warrants a break for everyone involved.

Every TI has a longish content break with the exception of tickets and chest updates.

I completely agree. I only wish more items had been added to the online secret shop. They made it sound like much more was going to be there.
Luckily MaddenGAF Dota had our own supplier at the event, but I was hoping I would be able to purchase more online to not overload him.

But yea, content wise, I don't get why people are going crazy. They will immediately regret it just like with Diretide anyways.

woodland

probably since dota's not creating new ones, just porting old ones, even though it still requires tons of work. while riots creating new ones with shitty balance

i still cant believe we havent reached parody after almost 3 years of the game being pretty public

Razzer

probably since dota's not creating new ones, just porting old ones, even though it still requires tons of work. while riots creating new ones with shitty balance

i still cant believe we havent reached parody after almost 3 years of the game being pretty public

Tbh considering Riot have a redonkulous amount of employees now it should be expected they produce content faster.

Demoli

But yea, content wise, I don't get why people are going crazy. They will immediately regret it just like with Diretide anyways.

Diretide was completely desrved. Valve was update and content dry for months on end, no hero since march I believe, and everyone expected a halloween update cause hey, thats what they said the previous year. Nothing happened and people got rightfully mad. Immidiatly after the fiasco, valve realised what they had done wrong, and fixed it with constant communication and awareness for the next 2 update patches. That level of contact simply ould not happen unless Dirtide didn't happen.

I just hope it doesnt have to happen again. I'm not saying valve is on the same road again cause, as people said, only 10 days since TI. But if by the end of augest we have nothing, a storm will be brewing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive always felt the lack of communication was worse than the time it takes to get patches out. People wont be freaking out everyday if valve did a weekly blog post about whats up. Kind of like the bungie weekly update.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yea, it's really shocking the game that charges for champions would release them more often.

They really slowed it down after the silly one-champ-every-two-weeks shit in its first couple years.

But yeah, they have to design champs too was my main point. Each champ releases with a skin, plus they have to animate a dance and taunt and some recall animations. It's been slow, just not zero champs in 7 months slow.

sephi22

Without hesitation, EE-sama chases after Arteezy and penetrates him. “I sense a connection between us" Envy declares as Artour feels drained by pleasure. "My current flows!" yells EE as he ejaculates after precisely seven seconds of intense pushing, a huge waves of his mekansm fluids drenching the writhing A-god

Ive always felt the lack of communication was worse than the time it takes to get patches out. People wont be freaking out everyday if valve did a weekly blog post about whats up. Kind of like the bungie weekly update.

Valve's policy is to release large updates and large infodumps instead of doing it piecemeal, because it makes it matter more whenever they do release something. If they released weekly updates it'll just make it so that their updates in general get ignored by the vast majority of people.

When they do release the next batch of heroes it'll still be a huge deal, I don't think they care much about people being impatient right now.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
You probably shouldn't debut a hero at a live event with thousands and thousands of people watching if you don't plan on having in the game within a couple weeks.

I don't even give a shit about Techies, that just seems obvious.

kvk1

It has been 10 days since TI4 ended. You guys need to chill out for a bit.

Post the Bandits picture Matt.

rage.gif

woodland

Tbh considering Riot have a redonkulous amount of employees now it should be expected they produce content faster.

i agree, but i think that valve should prioritize actually "finishing" the game (getting it up to parity) before they rotate the majority of their developers away. obvs i don't know for sure but considering we used to have heroes every month or two weeks and double or triple updates, whereas now we have to wait months.

honestly i don't think any of the players care if there's a cool event and graphics to go with it, i'd prefer getting the game up to parity instead of waiting for valve to find a holiday that fits their event

Sibylus

Banned
Would be handy if you could mouseover the Hero Name and it would switch to the Lore name (if applicable). Would help Tobi stop calling NP Furion.

I remember the Dota 2 lore name used to be Tequoia, which is a mouthful.

Ketch

Sure they need/deserve some time off, but it's not like they aren't being ridiculously well compensated… You must know some people over there, have they ever said why they don't communicate with the audience?

Like Demoli said, they should have figured it out during the whole stupid dire tide BS.

I just hope it doesnt have to happen again. I'm not saying valve is on the same road again cause, as people said, only 10 days since TI. But if by the end of augest we have nothing, a storm will be brewing.

A blog post is all it would take. Valve is too smart to be so wrong, communication IS important. They must know it.

I have a special request for you Matt: Next time you do an on gamers interview with a Valve guy, pretty pretty please ask them about hiring a community manager.

Thermite

Hey Valve, if I get a last pick Peruvian Drow who completely fucks up our lanes and contributes literally nothing, don't match me up with them next game. thanks in advance

elyetis

But every TI wasn't preceded by a lack of new hero since January.
That not even speaking about compendium objectives themself.

W1SSY

I kind of wish that after the game it would remind you about commending players. I always finish the game and get back to the menu when I remember about wanting to commend a player. The opposite is true with reporting because when someone is an ass or something I just report immediately. If they would include it in the player evaluations post game that might make me more apt to commend.

Top Bottom