• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

elyetis

Abaddon was right before TI3 and KOTL, Nyx and Visage were right before TI2
And before Abaddon there was elder titan, sky, bristle, tusk.... and finaly a 2 hero update in January ( like this year ).
So while I get that people worked hard during that time, etc etc could they pretty please shift people back to the dota 2 team, from the other projects they have been working on during last year ?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't think Valve is going hold back the rest of the heroes, by now Icefrog likely wants to put out new original heroes.

I mean even before dota 2, icefrog would put out a couple heroes every year or two, it was very infrequent and I'm fine with that, as long as they are fun and (generally) balanced. HoN was a great game putting out some fun heroes until they decided they wanted more $$$ and created a shitty hero every other week that just flooded the game with garbage.

And I don't agree with matt often (especially on his opinion of level 1 rosh lol), but he's right here--chillax. I'm normally over-zealous about Valve being slow on content, but it's to be expected after TI4. It's such a gigantic that nearly every Valve employee helps pre-plan and execute, and so it's going to take time to transition back to office life and producing, testing, and releasing content.

As long as it doesn't take 3+ months like last year (6.79 came out in October... lol), I'm happy.

Eye_of_Skadi_icon.png

Who normally buys this item, GAF? I know of Morphling/Slark/Terrorblade/Meepo but not much else. It's a pretty niche item.

oh no, someone on the internet telling me to shut up. i better comply

dota 2 currently has what? 100 heroes? if valve took 7 months to work on each hero, not even counting everything else in the game, it would only take them 58 years to release all of them

maybe it's time to consider putting more people to work on the videogame that makes 30 mil with a digital book

bububu the boss is totally not telling people what to work on. flat management and stuff. valve is so perfect. kiss me gabe

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Never buy Skadi unless the game is in the bag.

I feel like a pre TI Oracle or Pit Lord would have went a long way. Remember when everyone thought they might be coming with the Spring Cleaning update?

oh no, someone on the internet telling me to shut up. i better comply

dota 2 currently has what? 100 heroes? if valve took 7 months to work on each hero, not even counting everything else in the game, it would only take them 58 years to release all of them

maybe it's time to consider putting more people to work on the videogame that makes 30 mil with a digital book

bububu the boss is totally not telling people what to work on. flat management and stuff. valve is so perfect. kiss me gabe

So basically, you know how many people are currently working on Dota at the moment?

Not to mention that while in short term it would be GREAT to take all the manpower you can you forgot to realise that

a) you need people who can work with your pipeline, and management style
b) hoarding in manpower means that you have to ensure that it's at least cost-effective for the company.

There's so many things you need to consider when you're making a recruitment drive and let's be honest here; it's not easy.

Hell let's also talk about programming. We know the problem with Techies is how buggy he is at the moment and work is being done to fix as much of his bugs as possible. QA for this game must be hell with having to check if any changes having possibly wreck or bug any part of the game.

All I know is that everyone will be super thrilled and stoked when the new heroes actually do come out and completely forget that they felt entitled and angry 6 months ago.

kvk1

All I know is that everyone will be super thrilled and stoked when the new heroes actually do come out and completely forget that they felt entitled and angry 6 months ago.

And then the joy and jubilation will immediately turn into unabashed anger as one or more of the heroes is revealed to be "OP" and pubspammed by MMR fanatics all over the land.

The 5 stages of G̶r̶i̶e̶f̶ Giff

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

So basically, you know how many people are currently working on Dota at the moment?

Not to mention that while in short term it would be GREAT to take all the manpower you can you forgot to realise that

a) you need people who can work with your pipeline, and management style
b) hoarding in manpower means that you have to ensure that it's at least cost-effective for the company.

There's so many things you need to consider when you're making a recruitment drive and let's be honest here; it's not easy.

Hell let's also talk about programming. We know the problem with Techies is how buggy he is at the moment and work is being done to fix as much of his bugs as possible. QA for this game must be hell with having to check if any changes having possibly wreck or bug any part of the game.

i know it didn't take 58 years for dota 2 to get at the point it is, i know the game is making them more money than many new releases and i know they haven't fired all the people who worked on the game before. so yes, i'm pretty sure they can do it

being a company apologist must be weird. it's not like any of you is even getting paid for this. it's like the opposite of valve. huh

i know it didn't take 58 years for dota 2 to get at the point it is, i know the game is making them more money than many new releases and i know they haven't fired all the people who worked on the game before. so yes, i'm pretty sure they can do it

being a company apologist must be weird. it's not like any of you is even getting paid for this. it's like the opposite of valve. huh

It's not being a company apologist, it's realising that management in production is really, really hard. Try not to assume everyone is one just because they have a different opinion than you.

Here's how hard it is to get professionals that can fit in to your culture. Riot pays new hires 25,000 to leave if they feel that they aren't a good fit to the company.

Another instance is there are times that getting new manpower actually slows things down for a while, since they have to get used to do work on the production pipeline, not to mention getting them up to speed on the aesthetics, coding or other sides of the game.

Now do I feel Valve need a PR spokeperson for Dota? Yes. This is their biggest problem at the moment. Gaming production however, can be so crazy sometimes that I'll give them a bit of slack about it.

What do you guys build on abadon?
I haven't played him much, tried basi + magic wand + phase + drums + sange into SnY then either a blademail (seems effective on him and makes people very reluctant to go for you at all) and eventually replace drums with skadi
It seems to work ok and has given me good mana sustain.

Any better builds for him?
The threads drums blademail mjolnir build (instead of SnY and bkb and like abyssal or something) suggested earlier in the thread for bloodseeker was fun and great for farming

Also for medusa ancients farming on radiant, do people really use the spot described here?
http://dota2strategy.bplaced.net/strategy/medusa-jungle-ancient-farm-trick/
It requires a ward on the highground next to the ancients and is fiddly (you move easily while attacking which gets you hit)

I like to cut all the way through the trees (instead of leave the one up) and then just stand at the elevated spot above the red arrow
Medusa-Ancient-Farm-Cut-513x279.jpg
, works the same, no ward needed, less automoving and no getting hit)

Chris R

What do you guys build on abadon?
I haven't played him much, tried basi + magic wand + phase + drums + sange into SnY then either a blademail (seems effective on him and makes people very reluctant to go for you at all) and eventually replace drums with skadi
It seems to work ok and has given me good mana sustain.

Any better builds for him?
The threads drums blademail mjolnir build (instead of SnY and bkb and like abyssal or something) suggested earlier in the thread for bloodseeker was fun and great for farming

OoV/Basi -> Phase -> Sange -> Vlads -> S&Y -> Skadi -> Daedalus

Kappa

Top Bottom