• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

bounchfx

(the aussie dude, don't think I ever caught his name) for a good hour about his relationship with Valve and LODs and colors and canada.

fairly certain that was Lennyagony, and the gent in the second photo is Frump. I'm sad I forgot to take a picture when the crowd was around, but I'm glad you guys got one! :D

And so it begins

I wonder if he has permission? He's a well known workshop artist, so I assume so...
I already approached Twitch in the past regarding an emoticon pack, they said they have to do a lot of work behind the scenes first.

This will get taken down, not sure why a well known artist would breach copyright like that.
LWR74cm.png

y/n?
lol

I can understand Twitch being cautious with handing out important pieces of their IP, I think the general "twitch culture" built around memes and the twitch faces is a big leg up for them over all the streaming competitors coming up.

Kappa is a more recognizable mark for the twitch brand than the actual twitch logo at this point.

Demoli

Hell let's also talk about programming. We know the problem with Techies is how buggy he is at the moment and work is being done to fix as much of his bugs as possible. QA for this game must be hell with having to check if any changes having possibly wreck or bug any part of the game.

Having a hero bugged on release never stopped Valve. Slark was bugged for months before they fixed the most critical ones, and he is STILL bugged in significant ways. The most serious offence was Legion Commander, which due to a 3 year bug they had to change the mechanics of an entire skill, making it stupid OP in the process. This particular bug also affected Enchantress and Phoenix in significant ways.

At this rate, I really hope valve intends to, at the very least, finish the ported hero pool by TI5, and have 3 heroes until the end of the year.

I HATE THE TRENCH

http://dotabuff.com/matches/809918154

look at that graph, they did everything to lose that game

i hate this game sometimes

I mean...

You guys really gave them a free pass, redeemable for snatching 1 free win from the jaws of clear defeat..

No pipe to counter Ravage, no BKB's to stop the multiple CC (venge + tide + mirana + alchie = 4 disablers), no sheep sticks, no mek.

I mean really. They have 0 BKB's. Ursa buys sheep instead of daedalus and that's probably a stomp. Hex Mirana --> murder --> win game. If Enchant gets sheep online before Bloodstone...that's a won game. Nyx with Blink and mek/sheep/utility instead of a 60-minute Dagon 5 and ghost scepter...that's a won game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again: many games are lost with bad positioning and coordination...many more are lost simply with poor itemization.

G-Unit

I mean...

You guys really gave them a free pass, redeemable for snatching 1 free win from the jaws of clear defeat..

No pipe to counter Ravage, no BKB's to stop the multiple CC (venge + tide + mirana + alchie = 4 disablers), no sheep sticks, no mek.

I mean really. They have 0 BKB's. Ursa buys sheep instead of daedalus and that's probably a stomp. Hex Mirana --> murder --> win game. If Enchant gets sheep online before Bloodstone...that's a won game. Nyx with Blink and mek/sheep/utility instead of a 60-minute Dagon 5 and ghost scepter...that's a won game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again: many games are lost with bad positioning and coordination...many more are lost simply with poor itemization.

Amen!

But really we were so far ahead! i was 10/0 at one point but this guys were like in slow motion. I told em we could still lose, but nothing. Then we had one of em saying he had lag, so we went 5vs4 for like 20 mins, then doom decided to afk.

So our carries were not even carrying their own asses

so frustraded tonight

I mean...

I think he was on the Dire team.

Madouu

Since we're talking about bugs, I'm watching winter stream and he just hooked a tinker (as clock) that just finished channeling a tp back to base top lane, the hook landed but tinker was already at the fountain and winter somehow ended up in the middle of the enemy base.

It looks like he teleported there but the hook seems to have "taken effect" when tinker was already back at base, since he was angled towards the fountain when he landed. I'll try to link if it's archived later.

pls fix your game volvo.

Kreunt

Banned
wslkinalskdnalkdnaklsdnaklsd
alt key is fucked on my keyboard, and i use it for items.
won't be able to get a new keyboard shipped until tuesday and i don't think i'll find the one i want anywhere in town.

edit: fuck, now it's the Q and ctrl keys aswell.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finally lost a game with Bane/Centaur kill lane. :(

We kicked so much ass in lane, got so many kills but we were stacked with one of our shitter friends that played Bloodseeker and did a whole lot of fucking nothing all game. Other team had Phoenix and Bristleback, so once they realized we couldn't win 5 man the game was pretty much over.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/809977273

I had to spend so much money on support nonsense and detection this game. That was probably the most poor I've ever been on Bane.

Artanisix

Nice writeup Steve! Fuckin' hell, I'm going to TI5 no matter what. So disappointed that I couldn't go this year.

Also I really want the last few heroes ported already so we can get some freakin' new ones up in here. C'mon Frog you teased Sun Wukong almost eight months ago.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah TI4 was pretty fukkin rad, especially with the food thing right next door. So many people swarming everywhere wasn't as nice, but I had Summit for that so it's whatever.

Get Floor seats this time and don't accept no for an answer.

Razzer

Ugh. Why must it be so hard to get jobs, and money, and anything. I'm just a student Valve, I can't afford a trans-Atlantic flight, have mercy. I wanna go to TI5 soooooooooooooo bad but I know I probably won't be able to.

On the bright side, the cute asian girl has a webcam today.

Edit: HE SUMMONED BRUNO

Who's that kickass Earth Spirit player again? I wanna watch some replays. Moonmeander said that ES is one of the easiest heroes to climb MMR with. I doubt he's more of a free MMR hero than Void but I'm curious.

Razzer

Who's that kickass Earth Spirit player again? I wanna watch some replays. Moonmeander said that ES is one of the easiest heroes to climb MMR with. I doubt he's more of a free MMR hero than Void but I'm curious.

Jerax was the one I remember getting a lot of attention, but there may be better players.

Bane is a weird hero, but a fun one. Could I get some advice on him?

1. How should I level his abilities? Take a value point in nightmare, then max brain sap, enfeeble and finally nightmare (image)? Or skip enfeeble entirely until I max brain sap and then nightmare (image)?

2. What's a good item build? How does soul ring > boots > stick > arcane boots > wand sound for early-mid game items? Is the stick/wand overkill on regen (since you can turn mana into health with brain sap)? How about skipping one of these items and getting an urn instead?

3. Then going into mid-late game, what should my items be here? A force staff to close the distance to rearline supports I want to nightmare, or when initiating on single targets with nightmare/fiend's grip? Then aghs (the upgrade sounds really good), then necrobook?

Thanks!

Acti

aggressive tri with an earth spirit with orb of venom is a lot of fun. At least in the trench.

Am I the only one that thinks that Earth Spirit nerf was to hard on him? It could be just me but from an awesome (OP) hero to a ultra low tier (imo). His skills are not reliable as before.

Razzer

Am I the only one that thinks that Earth Spirit nerf was to hard on him? It could be just me but from an awesome (OP) hero to a ultra low tier (imo). His skills are not reliable as before.

Most high level players seem to agree he is still OP. The difference is that before his skill floor was much much lower (tho his skill ceiling remains the same). Now you need to be good at the hero to be even competent, so it hides his OPness as few people have taken the time to learn him.

1. How should I level his abilities? Take a value point in nightmare, then max brain sap, enfeeble and finally nightmare (image)? Or skip enfeeble entirely until I max brain sap and then nightmare (image)?

2. What's a good item build? How does soul ring > boots > stick > arcane boots > wand sound for early-mid game items? Is the stick/wand overkill on regen (since you can turn mana into health with brain sap)? How about skipping one of these items and getting an urn instead?

3. Then going into mid-late game, what should my items be here? A force staff to close the distance to rearline supports I want to nightmare, or when initiating on single targets with nightmare/fiend's grip? Then aghs (the upgrade sounds really good), then necrobook?

Thanks!

I personally like Euls because of the movement speed and utility, and I'm usually too much of a bitch support to get enough farm for an aghs. I can't say I'm that good at bane in particular, though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bane's scepter upgrade sort of sucks unless you really want to drain the enemies mana pool, so I think it's only worth it vs the likes of storm and tinker.

Acti

Most high level players seem to agree he is still OP. The difference is that before his skill floor was much much lower (tho his skill ceiling remains the same). Now you need to be good at the hero to be even competent, so it hides his OPness as few people have taken the time to learn him.

Gonna give it a try them... My bad and thanks.

xanavi

1. There's no one right way to skill him that's optimal for every game. Sometimes you want enfeeble first depending on the lane. Nightmare first is usually what you get if you've got a hero you can setup lvl 1 kills with. Otherwise generally you want more nightmare rather than enfeeble so I'd say it's ulti > sap > nightmare > enfeeble in order of importance.

2. Most games you want an urn on your team so if no one's bought one then that's license to build it yourself. Other than that the items you suggest are fine. Bane's a decent 5 so make sure you're grabbing those wards when you can as well.

3. Don't get scepter on bane unless you've already got a bkb + blink or force. Scepter is ultra luxury/clown item on bane. Necro > Scepter if you have to pick between the two. Most of the time if you're playing a support bane you'll want a mobility item like you've correctly guessed.

Filth

I personally like Euls because of the movement speed and utility, and I'm usually too much of a bitch support to get enough farm for an aghs. I can't say I'm that good at bane in particular, though.

Blink DAGGGGGAGAGAGAGGAGAGAGGSGAHAJAHAHAGAJSGAGFAGAGAF

Arkanius

Jerax
He started the cheese that made ES be nerfed.
And he still cheeses with him

Incredible really.

Spookie

trench.jpg

facepalm.gif

Commend someone on taking towers, explain we needed more help at the start of the game to prevent brew getting OTT. Get abuse. Dota 2 (TM)

Top Bottom