• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Yeah and then when someone doesn't want to conced the rest of his team starts feeding, placing wards inside the fountain, etc. Great idea!

You rarely ever see those people (I've seen maybe 20-30 max in 2000 games played)
And when you do you report them
And then they go to low priority with the rest of them, and valve gives you an extra report for not wasting it

Sibylus

Banned
you can surrender in lower tier leagues and friendly scrims too as long as it's a team match and there's nothing like regulated speech there believe me.

Personally I would like an option in the settings where a person can choose whether he/she wants the concede vote option available or not in his/her games. If all 5 people on a team have this option enabled in their settings then the concede vote will be available and can be started by anybody at 30 minutes. If one person or more don't have it enabled, then it is simply disabled for everyone during the whole game (just like it is right now).
I would conceivably be okay with that with the caveats:

a) Concede is disabled by default in the profile options
b) Doesn't get mm psychos to tar and feather the person(s) with it disabled
c) Doesn't split the MM pool into informal parties of "concede people" and "no concede people"

FACE

Banned
You rarely ever see those people (I've seen maybe 20-30 max in 2000 games played)
And when you do you report them
And then they go to low priority with the rest of them, and valve gives you an extra report for not wasting it

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that if the game had a concede vote and someone on the team didn't want to conced then the rest of the team would probably start to act like jackasses(happened in HoN), and that's why a concede vote is a bad idea.

Quesa

I would conceivably be okay with that with the caveats:

a) Concede is disabled by default in the profile options
b) Doesn't get mm psychos to tar and feather the person(s) with it disabled
c) Doesn't split the MM pool into informal parties of "concede people" and "no concede people"

I think if you buried the concede option like this it wouldn't be as easy to abuse, yeah.

Kard8p3

My 'worst stream music' streams:
1. Merlini (I can't handle trance around the world)
2. EternalEnvy (Shitty Anime music)
3 Funn1k (music doesnt fit the game)

Best stream music:
1. Draskyl (80s-90s hits)
2. Singsing (Gorillaz all day)
3. w33/h4nni/bigdaddy (one of them has a playlist i love. dont remember who)

1.09 has best stream music but he never streams anymore

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that if the game had a concede vote and someone on the team didn't want to conced then the rest of the team would probably start to act like jackasses(happened in HoN), and that's why a concede vote is a bad idea.

misread sorry ^^

Randdalf

Have they re-released that 200mb patch they rolled back a few days ago? If not, I wonder if they're now just going to bundle it with the Techies update now. And if so, I wonder if that means the update is rapidly approaching.

MLCodest

Been taking a bit of a post TI4 break from Dota and it actually feels pretty good. It's been really refreshing actually working on my backlog of other games. Might start my solo queue ranked charge to get my MMR.

Contest: I got 2800 Group MMR after my first 10 games with friends that got 2200ish. What do people predict for my solo MMR. Closest person gets an e-cookie.

Edit: Dotabuff for reference.

Demoli

I really hope they introduce a concede option soon enough, but unfortunatly it will never happen, for the worse imo.

At the very absolute least, 5 man pre-mades should have that option, absolutely no reason not to.

elyetis

see but i'd rather take this once in awhile than literally every single time my team loses a fight:

*beep*
"Do you want to concede?"
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*

"report brown fkn retard wont concede"
Allow only one concede call per game ( or again a certain number per week at all ).
Make it so a report after a failed concede vote is taken differently ? etc.. etc..

So many thing can aleviate most of people complain about gg call. Or could at least have been tried, even if removed if needed.

As said many time there is more to how concede can be implemented/balanced than what other games have shown.
But it's not like I would expect it now that valve put the current effort into dota 2 dev anyway, but there would have been room for experimenting when it was still a beta actively supported.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
It seems like I'm always buying courier and I don't think that makes sense if I'm going mid without a partner. Seems like someone that has backup should buy courier.

It seems like I'm always buying courier and I don't think that makes sense if I'm going mid without a partner. Seems like someone that has backup should buy courier.

That'll eventually get better
as you improve you get matched with better players

courier + wards get bought by a support in 99 percent of games for me, and the pullcamp gets blocked (and attempted to deward) about 90 percent of the time

At first you just have to buy courier and wards yourself every game even if you picked anti mage, noone is going to do it in the low bracket :\

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Allow only one concede call per game ( or again a certain number per week at all ).
Make it so a report after a failed concede vote is taken differently ? etc.. etc..

So many thing can aleviate most of people complain about gg call. Or could at least have been tried, even if removed if needed.

As said many time there is more to how concede can be implemented/balanced than what other games have shown.
But it's not like I would expect it now that valve put the current effort into dota 2 dev anyway, but there would have been room for experimenting when it was still a beta actively supported.
Limited concede votes per week sounds decent. Can only have 2 concedes calls at once, they have a 1 week cool down.

Buy extra concede votes for only $.99, #PayToLose

"if you're not stupid, it's only possible that 4/5 players in your team can be game losing, vs 5/5 possible idiots on the enemy team". or so it goes

that same argument can be applied for the concede situation. if you're not in favor of concede, that's one less person in the team not conceding. since that's a constant in all your games, that must mean, eventually, the conceders drop in mmr after giving up early all the time, while you, amazing player who loves wasting time, will rise and not have to deal with such bad players

given that the player pool, heroes, game modes etc -- the constants -- are the same, either the "math" checks or it doesn't

Ocho

Surrender works in league, it should work fine in Dota. Voice works fine in Dota, it should work fine in league.

Forcing a 4 man vote to surrender is ideal. I've denied surrender votes in league were we win, but those are extremely rare. Most of the times when a surrender vote passes game is basically over. They could do a 5 man vote. Also, I only play in 5 man premades, why can't we end the game like the pros? We pretty much decided to stay in fountain and let them push. They decided to fountain farm.

But whatever.

Mohasus

that same argument can be applied for the concede situation. if you're not in favor of concede, that's one less person in the team not conceding. since that's a constant in all your games, that must mean, eventually, the conceders drop in mmr after giving up early all the time, while you, amazing player who loves wasting time, will rise and not have to deal with such bad players

This kind of player exist in any mmr bracket.

boosh5

Banned
No concession. Fight to the death. I personally get no satisfaction from winning when someone on the other team rage abandons and I see concession as the same thing. And if you're on the losing side, you never really know how it will turn out. You may not be able to win a fight because you're so behind, but that doesn't mean the other team won't make a mistake the helps you make up for the imbalance. I'd much rather play to the end and take my loss.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Surrender works in league, it should work fine in Dota. Voice works fine in Dota, it should work fine in league.

Forcing a 4 man vote to surrender is ideal. I've denied surrender votes in league were we win, but those are extremely rare. Most of the times when a surrender vote passes game is basically over. They could do a 5 man vote. Also, I only play in 5 man premades, why can't we end the game like the pros? We pretty much decided to stay in fountain and let them push. They decided to fountain farm.

But whatever.
I honestly feel League's version of surrender does breed a defeatist attitude in the game, people give us at such a small perceived lead.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

But whatever.

"surrender doesn't work fine in hon, so it shouldn't work fine in dota."

opinions, how do they work

This kind of player exist in any mmr bracket.

so do bad players. i've seen an offlane jugg go 6-0-3 at 7 min at the promised land of 4k just now

No concession. Fight to the death. I personally get no satisfaction from winning when someone on the other team rage abandons and I see concession as the same thing. And if you're on the losing side, you never really know how it will turn out. You may not be able to win a fight because you're so behind, but that doesn't mean the other team won't make a mistake the helps you make up for the imbalance. I'd much rather play to the end and take my loss.

so if one of your opponents considers the match over, and decides to ult at the wrong times, or purposefully be a little ahead before the engagement happens, or not carry a tp scroll to defend his base, or does any other million things that can be subtle throwing the game. do you not get satisfaction?

what if he then decides to buy the wrong items, or just feed chickens? at what point is the satisfaction line drawn?

Randdalf

But whatever.

I thought you could concede in team matchmaking (using "gg"). Or did they remove that once it was merged with ranked matchmaking?

Dares

Merlini joins Zephyr:

Well stand in for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CK5X3vhM_0

surprise.gif
surprise.gif
surprise.gif

Ketch

So, is it okay that Zephyr is destroying the korean scene now that Purge has been replaced by Merlini?

It's always been okay guys

also, how about concede option is only available for 5 stacks

yami4ct

Just lost a game as PA because a Sven kept following me in lane and wouldn't let me farm. We had a freaking Lich on the team too. It could have gone so well, but someone had to play like a crazy person. Ugh.

Sibylus

Banned
Purge is moving over to just managing the team and doing Youtube vids/Twitch streams.
Makes sense. Nice enough guy, but obviously has more an eye towards community stuff than being a professional player.

So, is it okay that Zephyr is destroying the korean scene now that Purge has been replaced by Merlini?

It's always been okay guys

also, how about concede option is only available for 5 stacks
Weren't Korea's top scene even before TI4. I think the scene will do fine for itself.

I'm surprised that Merlini can get more out of playing for Zephyr in Korea than doing commentary/streaming like he is now. I guess technically he can do both.

Top Bottom