• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

If Void's going to get nerfed I wouldn't be surprised if it's done via an AoE reduction of Chronosphere.

The thing has such a large radius that it means you have to be ludicrously spread out to avoid it. And even if you avoid it sometimes you still cannot do much until it's over because it blocks a huge chunk of the playing field.

That also means that you have an insane initiation range as Void. With timewalk + quite large casting range + huge radius he's got quite the large overall reach.

I think a radius decrease of like 10% would make a meaningful difference.

G.ZZZ

Void need no nerf. Only universe.
hush.gif

And Lycan and Doom. And Earth, Phoenix and Pit lord.

Dynamic3

Void is one of the best character designs in the game. He looks like a Guillermo Del Toro designed character, who is probably one of the best art directors/character designers in Hollywood.

The fact that he was voted for a remodel, shows how shitty is the taste of the community. I guess thats why the dolts on steam workshop voted for cat drow and dog mount CK.

Agreed so hard.

Is the Void remodel going to be mandatory? I don't mind an alternate Void, but yeah he already looks good so dumping that model would be a shame.

Dota 2 community has terrible taste.

It is known.

lmao the enemy team picking just meepo counterpicks in singsing game. Try hard as fuck.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yes. This is what happens when you let the Dota 2 community decide outcomes.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Dota 2 offices when they got the results for these votes.

"u wot"

People didn't even understand what they were voting for.

Is the Void remodel going to be mandatory? I don't mind an alternate Void, but yeah he already looks good so dumping that model would be a shame.
Considering the amount of cosmetics Void has with very specific requirements for size and stuff, I wouldn't expect anything more than a cleaned up texture/model, some new default armor and maybe a tweaked default head.

Think more like Dazzle and Riki's remakes and less like Venomancer, Storm or Wraith King.

rezuth

Considering the amount of cosmetics Void has with very specific requirements for size and stuff, I wouldn't expect anything more than a cleaned up texture/model, some new default armor and maybe a tweaked default head.

Think more like Dazzle and Riki's remakes and less like Venomancer, Storm or Wraith King.

I'm not sure about that, WK had a lot of items when they totally revamped him.

I'm not sure about that, WK had a lot of items when they totally revamped him.

WK had two sets that were all just armor and swords and they asked the contributors to update the armor (one did, one didn't). Void has items that add claws, spikes, change his entire head, etc and are a lot more specific to his body shape. They'll just work around the cosmetics like they did Riki and Sniper.

dmshaposv

Yes. This is what happens when you let the Dota 2 community decide outcomes.

Its times like these valve should've taken the final decision and give the win to viper.

We all know viper was second in running and the obvious choice.

I dont even care about viper, just don't want valve to mess with my favourite hero design.

Next year the community idiots will ask for a bristleback redesign. Will quit dota if valve change him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bulldog and Sing are streaming... Together. It's like my OTP slash fic finally coming to life.

The rework poll from the start should have just been heroes who needed the rework. Pretty clear that nobody was voting for heroes who needed it, they were voting for their fave heroes.

The rework poll from the start should have just been heroes who needed the rework. Pretty clear that nobody was voting for heroes who needed it, they were voting for their fave heroes.

Yep. Valve should have taken their internal list of planned reworks and had us vote from that. So we wouldn't be picking the next rework, so much as picking which planned rework they work on first.

And so help me if Void needs to be finished before Shadow Fiend because the vote said "next rework" I'll be irritated.

Gurrry

So ive been playing a ton of bot matches lately (medium) - trying to learn more characters by randoming and watching others. But when do you think I should make the "switch" to normal/ranked games?

I have played a few normal pubs with mixed results, but I dont dare to go for ranked yet.

Should I be maining one hero and practicing with it? Or keep learning all of them to get a better understanding of the game?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So ive been playing a ton of bot matches lately (medium) - trying to learn more characters by randoming and watching others. But when do you think I should make the "switch" to normal/ranked games?
Frankly, I think as long as you have a good grasp of the game system (skills, leveling, creeps, items), you should head into matchmaking. It's a rough experience, but you'll learn faster through trial by fire. Playing bots all the time will result in bad habits, eventually.

Should I be maining one hero and practicing with it?
No. Practicing a single hero doesn't become important until you're already very good and you want to perfect a hero for some particular reason.

Or keep learning all of them to get a better understanding of the game?
Yes.

Ultrabum

0 years since sing song stream. My legs have atrophied into tiny sticks due to not walking the streets. EE sama plz have mercy and make sing song scrim so he can stop stream.

Top Bottom