• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm surprised that Merlini can get more out of playing for Zephyr in Korea than doing commentary/streaming like he is now. I guess technically he can do both.

Its also possible its a "Favor for a friend" type thing, I'm not sure what Merlini's relationship to the others is.
can tony get a buff? some armor would be nice

He has a passive that gives armor! And acts as the biggest fuck you to a melee carry in the game. Tiny is really strong and does not need more buffs IMO.

Chris R

Back to the same old drafts zzz

༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ GVIE #Rektreational drafts ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

bbd23

He used to cast KDL when Nexon had bts do it. They use their own now.

http://www.twitch.tv/kdl_en

just not the same man
cry.gif

Chris R

Why is he recasting the Korean version and not casting in game.

They don't have their own channel in game.

It would be nice if they could set that up though, for people who want to watch in game and have the English audio.

Even if the Korean casters bring the crazy hype (especially for these Sunstrikes)

Sliver

Sounds like Merlini gets 2 months straight playing Dota in a sweet house with a decent chance at making money. Who wouldnt do that.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
they shoulda waited for 6.82 to hold the rektreational so nobody knows what to draft, no pro's to copy, and so we see all kinds of crazy shit

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Anyone have any issues connecting to dota 2 games? Out of the blue in the last week or so I'm just completely unable to connect to matchmaking servers for my first game of the day, it fail loads, I hit reconnect, then it fail loads again saying "unable to establish connection to the server." Normally I'll just restart dota and the next match will work just fine, but I've gotten the issue twice in a row now and it's getting more frequent.

Guess I should try uninstalling and reinstalling or some shit.

CmdBash

Anyone have any issues connecting to dota 2 games? Out of the blue in the last week or so I'm just completely unable to connect to matchmaking servers, it fail loads, I hit reconnect, then it fail loads again saying "unable to establish connection to the server." Normally I'll just restart dota and the next match will work just fine, but I've gotten the issue twice in a row now and it's getting more frequent.

Guess I should try uninstalling and reinstalling or some shit.

tried just verifying integrity?

Wok

Dota 1 parity patch:
  • Spiderlings Poison Sting damage no longer stacks
  • Tornado's aoe increased from 175 to 200
  • Rupture no longer deals damage to Invulnerable units
  • Ice Blast no longer gets dispelled
  • Tinker rearm refreshes Blink Dagger state
  • Lone Druid in True Form attack range same as default melee (150->128)
  • Empower Cleave aoe from 250 to 200
  • Ember Spirit turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6
  • Battle Hunger gets dispelled when target is Magic Immune

On a different note, it is great playing against a Tinker once you have warded the ancients: Tinker basically stacks ancients for the opposite team.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Played vs a Void and wrecked him as Dazzle and good team coordination on pushing and rotation/dives.
Played vs a Void and got wreckt every single fight to Chrono.

I guess this is karma. Hero needs fucking nerfs.

pompidu

Played vs a Void and wrecked him as Dazzle and good team coordination on pushing and rotation/dives.
Played vs a Void and got wreckt every single fight to Chrono.

I guess this is karma. Hero needs fucking nerfs.

Gank, silence, stun, hex, eul's and repeat. If he gets farm, late game is going to be a giant pain in the ass for you.

His ultimate needs a rework, bkb should work against sphere.

I think a good start for the inevitable FV nerf is to make Backtrack regular evasion (I guess he can keep his spell dodging) instead of whatever the hell it is currently. Not being hit by true strike is silly.

A smaller nerf would be to at least make it so chrono doesn't disable evasion, that way carries can at least buy something to help deal with it.

I don't know what you even buy against void right now if you are a single core and playing a squishy bkb carry like PA or Luna.

Demoli

Chrono isn't going to be nerfed. Nor will Doom. Those spells are the entire point of those heroes. They'll nerf lvl death or Scorched earth and Maybe tinker some base values with void so he is unable to offlane as easily.

Edit: But it's important to realise that these heroes aren't fine, they are both top picks of the current patch.

I feel like there needs to be more Dire STR heroes. There's still Pit Lord to come but Radiant has an entire row more and every other category has a couple more as well.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Dota 1 parity patch:
  • Spiderlings Poison Sting damage no longer stacks
  • Tornado's aoe increased from 175 to 200
  • Rupture no longer deals damage to Invulnerable units
  • Ice Blast no longer gets dispelled
  • Tinker rearm refreshes Blink Dagger state
  • Lone Druid in True Form attack range same as default melee (150->128)
  • Empower Cleave aoe from 250 to 200
  • Ember Spirit turn rate from 0.5 to 0.6
  • Battle Hunger gets dispelled when target is Magic Immune

On a different note, it is great playing against a Tinker once you have warded the ancients: Tinker basically stacks ancients for the opposite team.

Easiest way to knock bugs off the "to fix" list: accept them and call them intended features.

dmshaposv

Void should only get a numbers nerf to make his offlaning difficult. Otherwise the hero is fine. BkB working through chrono is a bad idea, and works against the entire idea of that hero. He is a CC hero and chrono needs to still do what it does.

Besides, Chrono is very fair in that you disable ur allies if u don't land it properly.

pompidu

If the frog nerfs Void it will be through a mixture of base stat/agi growth reduction and Chrono cd going back to 120/110/100.

Void should only get a numbers nerf to make his offlaning difficult. Otherwise the hero is fine. BkB working through chrono is a bad idea, and works against the entire idea of that hero. He is a CC hero and chrono needs to still do what it does.

Besides, Chrono is very fair in that you disable ur allies if u don't land it properly.

This is kinda the response I was looking for. Maybe I'm just bitter about void, especially when my team doesn't focus on him or try to disable him in chrono.

Also, he should not have won the remodel vote. Looks great as is, dumb community.

dmshaposv

Void is one of the best character designs in the game. He looks like a Guillermo Del Toro designed character, who is probably one of the best art directors/character designers in Hollywood.

The fact that he was voted for a remodel, shows how shitty is the taste of the community. I guess thats why the dolts on steam workshop voted for cat drow and dog mount CK.

Top Bottom