• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

bbd23

wow fifrst kunkka game in 9 months and It was amazing. me and my buddy timed blackholes and boats so nicely. it was special
happytears.gif

Pratfall

This Rekreational tournament is hilarious. Razor mid vs Ember, no static link
sleeping.gif

Lion using all his mana on two spikes
facepalm.gif

Lotta great single pulls happening in this game.

Quesa

Yeah wtf is wrong with these ppl with dayjobs n shit not playing dota like all the gaf 5kers. Playing with friends for fun n shit whats their problem

Demoli

This game is the embodiment of trench, I just saw an entire team just decide not to kill a Tide who was in mellee range of a dusa, lion and razor at 10hp

Chris R

wow fifrst kunkka game in 9 months and It was amazing. me and my buddy timed blackholes and boats so nicely. it was special
happytears.gif

I had the same setup last night.

Enigma didn't know what a black hole was until around the 30 min mark it seemed.

And I'm better at landing boats now that I know how the spell targets shit. Still almost lost though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I got completely fucking sidetracked by that Koopa Beach Remix going during the break after that first game. That was so good.

eznark

Banned
I got completely fucking sidetracked by that Koopa Beach Remix going during the break after that first game. That was so good.

Yeah that was amazing! Worth the price of admission right there. Wonder if there is an album of jazzy Mario kart.

Ocho

Whoever thinks surrender is not a good option in Dota hasn't been base raped for 5 mins cuz enemy team won't end game. This is fucking stupid.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Whoever thinks surrender is not a good option in Dota hasn't been base raped for 10 mins cuz enemy team won't end game. This is fucking stupid.

I have and surrender is still not a good addition to the game.

Quesa

You'd rather have countless games end after 10 minutes because nobody on your team is willing to play from behind? Surrender creates more problems than it solves.
Just make it so it has to be x mins into the game or they have to have taken a rax or something and then everyone has to agree to it

I mean you can already sort of concede anyway if all five people agree to dc so there's at least one situation where valve thinks it's pointless to let a game go on

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just make it so it has to be x mins into the game or they have to have taken a rax or something and then everyone has to agree to it

"Guys I'm just letting them take rax so we can surrender" "Guys I'm going to AFK until 20 so we can surrender"

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"Guys I'm just letting them take rax so we can surrender" "Guys I'm going to AFK until 20 so we can surrender"

yeh the mere presence of surrender changes the entire mentality of the game

and speaking as someone who came from HoN and initially begged for surrender in dota, I now see how wrong I was, surrender is fucking awful and should never be anywhere near dota 2. So many games that I personally (and most of hon-mumblegaf) would have surrendered in dota 2 had we still been playing HoN, we fought out and won. It's just far too easy to lose a big fight at 10 minutes and immediately go spam the surrender button, it's very presence makes it easier for people to justify their "afk go next mentality."

Not to mention most games where you have that one dude who starts to afk the second you lose a fight or momentum, the mentality changes from "even tho we lost fuck that dude, report him," to 3 people immediately spamming surrender, the fourth probably falling to the pressure and giving in as well, and then 4 guys spamming "fucking report that guy won't surrender."

Good point, this is exactly why the game needs concede. Put it up to vote front and center.

yeh the mere presence of surrender changes the entire mentality of the game

and speaking as someone who came from HoN and initially begged for surrender in dota, I now see how wrong I was, surrender is fucking awful and should never be anywhere near dota 2. So many games that I personally would have surrendered (and most of hon-mumblegaf) in dota 2 had we still been playing HoN, we fought out and won. It's just far too easy to lose a big fight at 10 minutes and immediately go spam the surrender button, it's very presence makes it easier for people to justify their "afk go next mentality."
"I can't tell when games are actually over, volvo please make the decision for me."

that just pushes back the requirements and doesnt actually solve it

instead of gg at 10

its "let them take rax so we can quit"

well this was beaten to

How about this:
- At least one set of rax down
- Opponent has all their t3's up
- At least 25k gold behind(threshold rises the longer the game goes)
- At least 25 minutes in

Even then I wouldn't support it, the sheer presence of a surrender option would raise the number of quitters, which there are already way too many of.

Edit: beaten several times

elyetis

People can already give up whenever they want ( by choosing to afk farm, if not directly feeding ), except the game still continue and it still waste your time.

*And as said many time, it could work like reports, with a limited nomber of surrenced call possible per week/or number of game played. So many possibility not tried by other game which we don't know how they would end up community wise.

People can already give up whenever they want ( by choosing to afk farm, if not directly feeding ), except the game still continue and it still waste your time.
Yeah, this is the worst part. When some dickface on your team decides to quit, the lack of concede option makes the game an utter waste of time.

PS: Not playing dota is so great. You guys should all consider quitting this game is ass.

inkls

Yeah, this is the worst part. When some dickface on your team decides to quit, the lack of concede option makes the game an utter waste of time.

PS: Not playing dota is so great. You guys should all consider quitting this game is ass.

if they abandon cant you leave for free?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"I can't tell when games are actually over, volvo please make the decision for me."

? Games aren't ever actually over until the throne is killed, sorry Nostradamus.

Actually just won a game where we were down a raxx and a significant amount of gold, kills, and exp 15-20 minutes in with our warlock (who also had our mek) completely afk. Guaranteed we would have conceded in HoN. In fact like 5-6 of my last wins have all been games where we were down 1-2 sets of raxx extremely early with team morale down and some people wanting to afk. Guaranteed concedes in HoN. But we stuck them out, won a teamfight or two, and morale slowly went back up and people (our pubs) got their head back in the game.

if they abandon cant you leave for free?
People sit in exp range and go afk to avoid the abandon.

? Games aren't ever actually over until the throne is blown up, sorry.
Not really true, although most people do quit too early. There's such a huge psychological aspect to dota.

Actually just won a game where we were down a raxx and a significant amount of gold, kills, and exp 15-20 minutes in with our warlock (who also had our mek) completely afk.

I once won a game where I afk'd for the first 15 minutes because I thought I was still in queue. It's on purge's stream somewhere, doesn't really say much about this conversation.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I once won a game where I afk'd for the first 15 minutes because I thought I was still in queue. It's on purge's stream somewhere, doesn't really say much about this conversation.

It really does because your team would have probably conceded (had they been down which is what you were initially talking about, losing games where one person gets demoralized and goes afk), but instead we're forced to play the game out despite you sitting in the well, and hey, you won.

Top Bottom