• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He finished it last night, pretty sure he has bosses still to kill and then DLC.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes. This is what happens when you let the Dota 2 community decide outcomes.

I'm blaming the Chinese, they have silly opinions.

But I mean, the vote did give useful info. Who would have expected a large population actually wanted a different void model?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i need both void and tinker to get slapped up so ppl can stop ruining pub games by instalocking both

-1 base armor to both ez

also fear claimed that chronosphere is the most broken spell in the game and that void is the most broken pub hero on his stream while he was playing LYCAN LOL. Stream chat obviously spammed him but then he said what make's lycan OP in competitive doesn't make him OP in pubs, where in competitive ppl just abuse his early 5 man and take fast objectives, a strat that is damn hard to counter when you build the right team, pubs are a different story.

FACE

Banned
i need both void and tinker to get slapped up so ppl can stop ruining pub games by instalocking both

-1 base armor to both ez

also fear claimed that chronosphere is the most broken spell in the game and that void is the most broken pub hero on his stream while he was playing LYCAN LOL. Stream chat obviously spammed him but then he said what make's lycan OP in competitive doesn't make him OP in pubs, where in competitive ppl just abuse his early 5 man and take fast objectives, a strat that is damn hard to counter when you build the right team, pubs are a different story.

Fear thinks everything is broken.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Fear thinks everything is broken.

na that's aui and loda bro
"loda slark has been popular all of a sudden at this lan what are your thoughts? hahahahahahhaha broken broken hero too easy."

Envy's top 3 broken for pubs are Doom, Enigma, and... wraith king. Pub balance =/= competitive balance. Remember our dear old friend Spiritbreaker who just got anally destroyed for having 58% winrate and reddit's attention despite him being picked a handful of times a month in competitive as a support hero.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
na that's aui and loda bro
"loda slark has been popular all of a sudden at this lan what are your thoughts? hahahahahahhaha broken broken hero too easy."

Envy's top 3 broken for pubs are Doom, Enigma, and... wraith king. Pub balance =/= competitive balance. Remember our dear old friend Spiritbreaker who just got anally destroyed for having 58% winrate and reddit's attention despite him being picked a handful of times a month in competitive as a support hero.

#4 broken hero for Envy is Shadow Shaman.

Also, I don't think Envy really feels the heroes are broken, but that Razor/Doom/WK/Enigma/Shadow Shaman is a very strong and safe team comp, so he yells at his team to pick as many of those as possible.

Edit:
Oh yeah, my team continues to be incompetent and over looked the concept of making a landing page. The site is supposed to reflect the mockup we made, and this is the crappy mockup I designed a month ago. What is the quickest way to make a website that has giant tiles as the links, I'm really no good at web design and this looks like something that should take 15 minutes that would take me like 90.
mockup.jpg

Zeth

Isn't Void much more powerful in pubs than Lycan? Lycan in competitive is OP for reasons that usually involve coordination. Like abusing howl early to steal towers. Is that accurate?

Anyone got an opinion on not maxing Black Hole for Enigma (Getting it level 6 obviously though)? A lot of the time I feel like another level of midnight pulse or stats is better.

Ikuu

#4 broken hero for Envy is Shadow Shaman.

Also, I don't think Envy really feels the heroes are broken, but that Razor/Doom/WK/Enigma/Shadow Shaman is a very strong and safe team comp, so he yells at his team to pick as many of those as possible.

Edit:
Oh yeah, my team continues to be incompetent and over looked the concept of making a landing page. The site is supposed to reflect the mockup we made, and this is the crappy mockup I designed a month ago. What is the quickest way to make a website that has giant tiles as the links, I'm really no good at web design and this looks like something that should take 15 minutes that would take me like 90.
mockup.jpg

Try using Bootstrap maybe, http://getbootstrap.com/ NavBar for title and navigation, and then make the buttons in grid, and it'll move around based on window size.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, someone on my team randomly decided to add a facebook login for no reason, despite the fact we didn't even finish the features we listed as needing done, and it doesn't work right. I'm likely going to just remove it in the dead of night since we are presenting tomorrow. Some page are still black and white entry forms, some stuff I'm looking at, and its done wrong but for some reason stills works since its HTML.

Going to be nice to be able to play some Dota in 24 hours. Going to likely spam Lich and unwind.

edit: I have found something that can literally convent the format my mockup is in to an HTML page. Looks dumb as hell, will try to get team to make it look good.

Bootstrap is really nice. Take a look at their examples and the documentation and you should be able to put something decent looking together pretty easily. The downside is that most Bootstrap sites look very similar, but for non-designers like me, it's great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bootstrap is really nice. Take a look at their examples and the documentation and you should be able to put something decent looking together pretty easily. The downside is that most Bootstrap sites look very similar, but for non-designers like me, it's great.

Bootstrap would be very nice if I didn't have only 8 working hours left to make everything work along with revising the reports, I was actually expecting the guy who was designing the page to make use of it. Wish I didn't also have work today, but what can you do.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's just when I pick Void it feels like a free win. Can't say that for many heroes.
Chrono is extremely easy to land well and it's ridiculously strong. The CD is so low at 16 (80s) and it lasts forever.
He's hard to kill and can kill anyone with MoM and Chrono thanks to the 2x bash bonus.

Guess need to pick more things like Euls SWM or something. (The game I lost as Void was against a super fat PA and Rubick Lifts me while SWM ults, :[)

Bootstrap would be very nice if I didn't have only 8 working hours left to make everything work along with revising the reports, I was actually expecting the guy who was designing the page to make use of it. Wish I didn't also have work today, but what can you do.

Oh, that sucks. Good luck!

Ikuu

Sounds like you need to plan your projects better
laugh.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sounds like you need to plan your projects better
laugh.gif

I'm not in charge, they wouldn't let me
cry.gif

Also, I expected it to end up like this, everything should finish up nicely by the morning. I also expect most of the team to hang them selves with their own rope when presenting unless they decided to diligently study all the code (Though its going to be hard to retroactively claim to have helped since everything is logged in an online project manager)

G.ZZZ

Void will probably get the 2xdamage in chronos reverted so he's less of a solokill machine early on. But everyone's complaining about relatively balanced heroes when good phoenix and earth spirits are fucking depressing to play against.

Void will probably get the 2xdamage in chronos reverted so he's less of a solokill machine early on. But everyone's complaining about relatively balanced heroes when good phoenix and earth spirits are fucking depressing to play against.
im sorry we're only talking about in CM because we're all pro

FACE

Banned

You don't even need to be good with Phoenix to wreck people.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Question about Zues, when or should you get Aghs / Refresher?
Blink and Veil seem far better and after you get them seems like utility would be more valuable? (Euls, Disable)

Aghs seems pretty trashy for the damage upgrade tbh unless you get another 5k for refresher and even then it doesn't really mesh well with his other 2 skills. Or the damage on supports is too high to ignore?

Question about Zues, when or should you get Aghs / Refresher?
Blink and Veil seem far better and after you get them seems like utility would be more valuable? (Euls, Disable)

Aghs seems pretty trashy for the damage upgrade tbh unless you get another 5k for refresher and even then it doesn't really mesh well with his other 2 skills. Or the damage on supports is too high to ignore?
well you get all of them

Sianos

Perhaps a more minor nerf for Faceless Void would be to make backtrack like normal evasion and be disabled by true strike and unable to dodge spell damage. I feel like this would be more for consistency among "evasion" than anything else. Maybe even give it a slightly higher chance of proccing to compensate.

Worst spells in the game, GO!

My pick Penitence, Battle Hunger and Caustic Finale (if only because apart from pushing, it doesn't synergies that good with SK imo).

FACE

Banned
Perhaps a more minor nerf for Faceless Void would be to make backtrack like normal evasion and be disabled by true strike and unable to dodge spell damage. I feel like this would be more for consistency among "evasion" than anything else. Maybe even give it a slightly higher chance of proccing to compensate.

That'd turn backtrack into a shittier version of blur, fuck that.

Quesa

I think battle hunger is super useful in lane but it does fall off super hard. If I had to pick a bottom five:

1. Caustic Finale
2. Empowering Haste
3. Maledict
4. Concussive Shot
5. Inner Vitality

Top Bottom