• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Quesa

I'm not upset about that... My gf was breathing down my neck the whole time because the game took too long and now she's pissed...

Yeah it's times like that you have to realize that even as things get tense, the end result doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and there are more important things to do. So just break up with her and carry the game dammit.

inkls

Yeah it's times like that you have to realize that even as things get tense, the end result doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and there are more important things to do. So just break up with her and carry the game dammit.

broskars before the hoeskars, a motto to live to.

Eleuin

my only two wins of the day come from having a void on my team

and my second win came after I chose void over the requested pa to swap lol

Quesa

Okay I found IceFrog's top-secret patch notes after seeing someone with a dota t-shirt at the startbucks today and looking at this napkin:

Phoneix
-Damage on all skills reverted to 0
-Added to Captain's Mode

Milkman
-Do IHL2 or u will be banned from dota 4ever

Aselith

Feeding player: sand iego
Boosted player: biubiu!
Amount of games: 10+. just checked the dotabuff of the feeding account. biubiu has always been in his games.
http://dotabuff.com/players/144191548 - sand iego the feed account
http://dotabuff.com/players/179762964 - biubiu! the account being boosted

basically he literally sent out the feed account out straight to enemy tower towards different lanes over and over.

I'm already unlucky getting stuck in 4.9k shit tier since i lost the 10 game lottery now i have this shit happening. why not just get good instead of having to rely on underhanded tactics like using a feed account. pick phoenix. pick swm. pick invoker. jesus take the wheel!

Dat forced 44 lol

KingKong

Ripperoni Navi

PbOGkPd.jpg

Hey shira remember this post? Moscow 5 is announcing a new roster soon and Artstyle is joining Relax.. https://twitter.com/v1lat/status/496444659435319296

Pratfall

People (including me) realizing that Battlefury is not a mandatory item on her was a bigger buff than anything in recent patches.

Battlefury just seems so dumb on her now. With dagger as strong as it is, you want to be chasing and icing poor supports who get out of position, not clearing creepwaves. The game I just played, I went mid and a luna went safelane. I just created havok, ganked side lanes and made space for luna to get fat.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I was Puck mid vs a Storm that was visibly shitty. He was so bad. Yet I let him kill me because I'm a dumb ass. We ultimately won and in the end his shittiness was proved, but that first death against such a terrible player makes me really mad.

Kreunt

Banned
New keyboard should be here this afternoon.
Maybe I'll get back some of the ~200 mmr I lost trying to get used to new item key binds when my alt key stopped working...

Haunted

image.php

God life is boring without pro dota man. my god, when is it coming back!
Starladder and WEC in the next couple weeks, Dreamhack Moscow next month.

The yearly post-TI team shuffling isn't finished yet though, so better bridge the gap with some hilarious amateur Dota in the meantime.

Haunted

Here's a different question.

What are the chances that Valve will create an entirely new hero after we get the final five?

pretty good, apparently.
When asked about adding new Valve-created characters once Dota 2 catches up to the original DotA's huge character roster, Valve’s Erik Johnson said, “Yes. We just keep going. Dota never stops."

DarkKyo

What are the chances that Valve will create an entirely new hero after we get the final five?

They've explicitly stated in interviews that they plan to release new heroes(probably until Dota 2 is no longer profitable) after the heroes ported from DotA are done.

pretty good, apparently.

The only question is how long it would take for a new hero to be revealed after the fifth character is released. I think at least a year, but I'd also be fine with it assuming we do get balance patches at a steady rate.

yami4ct

People (including me) realizing that Battlefury is not a mandatory item on her was a bigger buff than anything in recent patches.

Interesting. I've been just learning her myself and found the rush battlefury build to be quite successful, though it's definitely something I've considered altering. If BF isn't going to be a crux of a PA build, what do you suggest as a replacement?

Quesa

Interesting. I've been just learning her myself and found the rush battlefury build to be quite successful, though it's definitely something I've considered altering. If BF isn't going to be a crux of a PA build, what do you suggest as a replacement?

I'm no expert but I tend to see a lot of helm/mael/bkb on her, sometimes with MoM instead of helm because of her crit. I feel like the BF rush comes partly from wanting to see one-shot triple kills n such, but that's not gonna happen unless you build other dmg items on her and want to take her to late game, which will hamper you quite a bit in the current meta imo. Instead of going for the shotgun approach, consider the above build a laser-like focus on a single target, which is better for an early game crushing build. You don't need a lot of dmg on her because her crits (and the buffs to her blink, as well as MoM if you decide to go that route) will take care of that, and she's tanky as hell due to her evasion, so the stats from treads/bkb should work fine on her.

BF is for when you know the game's gonna go late and need to farm faster, and know you're going to get lots of items on her which is what makes that 35 percent cleave scary when combined with crit.

Haunted

The only question is how long it would take for a new hero to be revealed after the fifth character is released. I think at least a year, but I'd also be fine with it assuming we do get balance patches at a steady rate.
The last new heroes in Dota were Earth Spirit and Oracle in early 2013.

Here's hoping icefrog has already cooked up something new since then.

Drums, HoD, BKB

dmshaposv

Best thing about the trench (sub 3k) is that Pudge falls off a fucking cliff end-game and teams are never good enough to finish while he's wrecking shit.

Not if he gets a bazillion flesh heap stacks, 2 hearts and a pipe and runs in front of the enemy lines, as an unkillable tank. Chances are he will manage to hook someone out of position still and wreck them.

Sibylus

Banned

pretty good, apparently.
Thanking the Dota Gods that suggestions like forcing Rubick to have a just as thoroughly compromised Spell Steal as in dota 1 were laughed out of the building.

I think it conceivable that we could see heroes that straight up don't work at all in dota 1 somewhere down the line.

phase - helm - basher - bkb

accept no substitutes

Thanking the Dota Gods that suggestions like forcing Rubick to have a just as thoroughly compromised Spell Steal as in dota 1 were laughed out of the building.

I think it conceivable that we could see heroes that straight up don't work at all in dota 1 somewhere down the line.
i think we've been bumping up against that for a while

pretty sure bloodseeker is buggy as shit still with the thirst max move speed change but what can they do?

Don't get Drums on PA, it's an extreme waste of gold.

You want bulk? Get a casual ogre club to build into bkb later. She doesn't care about the INT, AGI, speed, or AS Drums gives.

I've made the mistake of thinking Drums is good on everyone too many times.

Sibylus

Banned
i think we've been bumping up against that for a while

pretty sure bloodseeker is buggy as shit still with the thirst max move speed change but what can they do?
Definitely agree. An almost 1:1 approach on has gradually given way to "we'll be able to backport this... eventually (hopefully)". For the better.

Wok

You want bulk? Get a casual ogre club to build into bkb later. She doesn't care about the INT, AGI, speed, or AS Drums gives.

So you prefer STR and DMG? Something like Phase > Helm > Basher.

Wait, she doesn't care about agility or attack speed? Why not? Is it because she already has sufficient DPS at that point and needs utility (lifesteal, cleave, magic immunity)?

Guys I'm going to be away from the computer for a couple of days and the last time this happened we got Terrorblade. Techies coming Wednesday heard it here first.

Drums provides her with everything she needs. It's excellent.

Wok

I have tried again MoM + Armlet on Sniper, this time in a real match (no abandon), and with Phase Boots, Manta and Crystalys. It works like a charm against many opponents with slow attack speed. The combination of MoM and Armlet is really what helps survive otherwise lost fights, against a bloodseeker for instance. Definitely worth a try yet situational (it depends on the draft of your opponents, and of course on yours since you transition less easily to a late-game machinegun, so you need other carries).

Top Bottom