• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
omniknight literally counters

everything

Shadow Demon laughs at Omni.

Which makes some since because its likely Shadow Demon that Omniknight believes is the Omniscience judging by the fact that he has the Omniscience symbol on his mask in the Chinese Version and fitting the manipulative actions Shadow Demon normally takes

Hylian7

Hitbox is superior in most ways. And it doesn't use a garbage flash player, supports high frame rates.

Unfortunately it's a smidge clogged up with new users and not working at the moment. I tried to test it but couldn't even get my stream going.

FACE

Banned
olX0jlL.gif

Juked

Am I missing something? So licensed music isn't allowed... What's the big problem? Most of these streamers have horrible taste in music anyways..

Hylian7

Am I missing something? So licensed music isn't allowed... What's the big problem? Most of these streamers have horrible taste in music anyways..

It's muting literally everything. It even muted a guy's playthrough of punchout that literally only had the game sound and music.

It's muting literally everything. It even muted a guy's playthrough of punchout that literally only had the game sound and music.

So not well implemented ...ic.. I'm not exactly against free use of copyright music but I also think companies have right to royalties.. I mean I always wondered how joindota got away with playing so much licensed music during breaks

Sibylus

Banned
A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How Dad's music used to make me smile.
And I knew if he had his chance
That he could make those people dance
And, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.

But august made me shiver
With every kappa I'd deliver.
Bad news on the refresh;
I couldn't take one more afresh.

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his tunes denied,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died.

Aselith

So not well implemented ...ic.. I'm not exactly against free use of copyright music but I also think companies have right to royalties.. I mean I always wondered how joindota got away with playing so much licensed music during breaks

Does Twitch even have an implementation to allow royalties on music during broadcasts? If not these companies are being pretty shortsighted to deny people the ability to stream their music since it's free advertising. It's not like youtube where you are just streaming the song. It's a DJ set.

The mindset when playing Omniknight really is to keep the carry heroes alive. I am not even trying to farm in these games. Thankfully the carry heroes knew how to use their abilities in these two games, so that I was not useless when spending my mana for them.

Omniknight is a huge counter to common pub heroes such as Pudge, Ursa, Phantom Assassin, and even Sand King or Earthshaker. Maybe even a good counter to Witch Doctor's ultimate.

SzkGRNe.png
I want to try this carry omni, but how is he a counter to all that magic damage, is the idea to repel whoever they are targeting?

The problem is that if the rumors are true and Google is taking over Twitch, they might bring over the corporate policy they have on youtube, of which automatic takedowns of copyrighted material is a staple. They have a content bot that's especially ruthless and a system that favors copyright holders essentially to appease these people to avoid any possibility of a lawsuit, so if that comes to Twitch then muting VODs will only be the beginning. Eventually content holders will be able to shut down streams for any reason they want or no reason at all, and the burden will be on the content producers to argue the claims.

So it's not a matter of "if you don't play any music then everything is fine", but it might end up being "EA flagged my channel because I was streaming BF5 bugs and I have to wait a month for my ticket to get processed so I can maybe get my stream back" or "if you stream any Nintendo games all your CPM belongs to Nintendo".

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh god these emoticons are the worse since loading screens for those who browse the workshop. At least they are original, but so many of them suck. I hope Valve does a serious rework to Dota 2 workshop in the future.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Everyone including me is gonna be super bummed out that it's so far away, but it was really smart of them to make a blog post and say something.

Maybe they're actually learning.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
We could get 6.82, but Valve likely doesn't want to over promises. What they promised is very little to be honest.

Top Bottom