• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Raytow

Matt is retiring from Dota 2?????

cry.gif

Since Matt is icefrog does that mean doto2 is ded game?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
im still super happy that my 3 votes were actually the ones that were chosen

long live new spectre va, faceless void new model, and PA arcana

Guess what you won't be getting new spectre VA. You'll be getting a bonus pack of additional lines in the original VA. So I hope you like the voice as it is!

Sibylus

Banned
I read this in the legends of dota page:

"WANT CUSTOM GAMES? Copy this file into "dota/resource/flash3", creating flash3 if it doesn't exist:

https://github.com/ash47/ModDotaPlu...4cba69021913b0f/menu/play_weekend_tourney.gfx

Restart doto and you're good to go -- Note: Lobbies will fail to load at this stage, working on it :("

What do you think, Matt? Would we be risking VAC bans to do that?

I heard he ran off and married Katie Kate after the TI4 after party.
So you're saying he chose to BE BRAVE BE BRAVE BE BRAVE BE BRAVE BE BRAVE

"WANT CUSTOM GAMES? Copy this file into "dota/resource/flash3", creating flash3 if it doesn't exist:

https://github.com/ash47/ModDotaPlu...4cba69021913b0f/menu/play_weekend_tourney.gfx

Restart doto and you're good to go -- Note: Lobbies will fail to load at this stage, working on it :("

You won't get VAC banned.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I don't think so, normally to get a vac ban you have to directly modify an existing file, adding additional files for the system to load (Especially those that don't' do any cheating) shouldn't result in a VAC.

kvk1

I haven't had the fortune to play with inkls yet.

But I would imagine he provides the power of friendship in a game.

Which is as good as T2s or T3s being down. Or a Rosh w/cheese.

Don't hate.

Wes

venison crêpe
Matt certainly has contributed heavily to the DotA2 community the past few years.

I for one hope the reason he is taking a break from the larger community is because Milkman has finally pulled out his finger and has hired Matt to develop GAFIHL2.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i love elder titan

Don't say shit like this in public man. If Icefraud hears you he will just nerf him again and that hero has been shit on enough as it is.

ed: I hope Matt has some kind of apprentice or intern ready to takeover his content updates.........

manfestival

I remember this one time, Matt responded directly to me in this very thread.

cry.gif

There was a time when matt actually read my message in twitch chat and thought it was stupid :(

on a side note, pyrion flax read one of my messages in chat and got pissed off at me

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, with custom game modes on the way and likely in the next few weeks, I will now lay out my crappy idea for a game mode.

It is called Central Planning. Its will be a minor variation of the main game mode, where a single person will be in charge of all item purchases and the distribution. Gold will be a single pot for the entire team, and items fully shareable. The person in charge of the purchases will not be a player, but instead control the courier (If killed the courier will respawn instantly but it dying will result in a large loss of gold)

The main issues I can see outside of raw balance is the mode is really susceptible to griefing. Also, it may be really damn boring for all I know.

guys, im coming up my 1000th game played. Which hero should I play? Skeleton King was the first hero I ever played, I'm thinking of bringing it full circle with him again

Top Bottom