• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
We could get 6.82, but Valve likely doesn't want to over promises. What they promised is very little to be honest.

Yeah if we have to wait until the end of the month and only get Techies and stretch goals people will be pretty disappointed.

Messiah

Hylian most viewed Dota stream on Hitbox.tv
Going after that e-sports money.

maki2.png

Zeth

Techies "by the end of August". This so called "communication" might be setting a dangerous precedent. Can you imagine if they regularly updated us on development, even on a bi-monthly basis? Madness.

Quesa

Techies "by the end of August". This so called "communication" might be setting a dangerous precedent. Can you imagine if they regularly updated us on development, even on a bi-monthly basis? Madness.

Probably a good time to link this.

6.82 - Gyro's Aghs Upgrade removed to save the world from idiots.

All targets hit by calldown spawn a homing missile aimed at them. this missile can rocket barrage also because why not

syko de4d

was this already posted?

http://blog.dota2.com/2014/08/dota-2-workshop-tools/
Today, we are announcing the Alpha release of the Dota 2 Workshop Tools. This is the first release of a new set of tools to create, play, and share custom maps and game modes for Dota 2. This is a developer focused release and currently has high system requirements which means not everyone will be able to run the tools. At the moment the tools require a 64-bit version of Windows and a Direct3D 11 compatible GPU. We are working on expanding the number of PC configurations (including 32-bit OSes like Windows XP) that will be able to run this but wanted to get the tools out there so developers could start working on their Custom Games. You can find more info here.

Big news?

Dt0xhno.png

Steam keeps saying Dota 2 is downloading but it's been stuck like this since it updated. I have that small update and this still wont go away.

Ties

Banned
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/821014581

YES GOD I AM SO HAPPY I WON THIS GAME GOD HOLY FUCK WE ALMOST LOST

I took mid tower in 6 minutes but all the other lanes were lost so I just made it my goal to rat their tier 1s out so I can hopefully get FV and WK some items with the tower money. The enemy team took our mid rax around 25 minutes, so we made it a priority to push out all lanes and just play it safe. We kept winning team fights in bottom lane but everyone (except me) kept getting wiped out from them. Eventually around the 40 minute mark FV and WK got their core items up and running (thank fuck) and we won another team fight bot. We pushed in their mid rax and kept playing it safe until they tried to push into us. They couldn't really do anything to us around the 60 minute mark. So we took all rax down, got megas and it was done. GG WP.

Exuro

Is the hammer/ui not crap now? Can't get on my comp but am interested in hearing if it's better or tailor suited for custom maps.

KingKong

Is the hammer/ui not crap now? Can't get on my comp but am interested in hearing if it's better or tailor suited for custom maps.

from what I'm reading on reddit, it sounds amazingly powerful http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...p_alpha_tools_now_available/cjj3t1x?context=3

I have worked with the World Editor, the Galaxy Editor and two other RTS editors. I can tell already: This is the most powerful tool I've seen in ANY RTS genre. The fact alone that we have standalone physics that can be modified like Havoc Physics is astonishing.
3rd Person RPG? No problem.
Dead man drifting racing game? Too easy.
100vs100 live MMO server? Certainly doable.

Is there a simplified blow-by-blow log on Dotabuff? Like

Earthshaker killed Venomancer with Fissure
Earthshaker destroyed Top Tier 3 Tower
Death Prophet killed Earthshaker with primary attack
Death Prophet bought BKB

That'd be pretty cool imo

Even cooler would be an simple gif of the map, showing the order the buildings fall in so you can get a real sense of momentum. I imagine coding and hosting that would be a massive pain in the arse though

Quesa

Guys I need quick items tips what should I have bought instead of pipe

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/820940719

I went straight bkb because SK stun/ult was wrecking us, then got pipe because I forgot we had cent but he never used the damn thing, then halberd to stop spectre but by the time I got it it was late and we were already winning.

Forget this please make DBZ All Sagas first

Super Ultra Mega Epic Valve please add this

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Won my last 5 Mapo games. That hero really is a trench superstar with a modicum of practice on him.

Guys I need quick items tips what should I have bought instead of pipe

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/820940719

I went straight bkb because SK stun/ult was wrecking us, then got pipe because I forgot we had cent but he never used the damn thing, then halberd to stop spectre but by the time I got it it was late and we were already winning.

Getting Halberd faster and then going Shiva's to mitigate some of that physical damage(even though Ember had literally nothing) or even Scythe for more lockdown.

bounchfx

ugh this is fucking awesome. This was about 30 minutes worth of opening it for the first time and fucking around. It's super usable so far, at least for map creation.

really looking forward to learning more about it, learning how to edit gameplay, and loading in custom models. DAAAAAAMn volv

Exuro

Gah some of the posts on reddit are making me antsy to try this. Brand new version of hammer that's actually usable and I don't know if someone was trolling but they said there's hl3 and source 2 stuff in the files. Why did I have to move now and have no internet for the comp...

Sibylus

Banned
Project M style League mod is necessary.
There are League mechanics I'm interest in challenging myself by creating Dota-esque variants, but can't say I'm interested in the prospect of a 1:1 TC.

For example: wanting to implement spell scaling and cooldown reduction without it being always on. Tying those to charge items for this purpose, for the 'ol feast or famine, guns or butter sort of tradeoff scenario.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
There are League mechanics I'm interest in challenging myself by creating Dota-esque variants, but can't say I'm interested in the prospect of a 1:1 TC.

For example: wanting to implement spell scaling and cooldown reduction without it being always on. Tying those to charge items for this purpose, for the 'ol feast or famine, guns or butter sort of tradeoff scenario.
It'll have a real client Kappa

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Valve really needs to add the ability to kick coaches from private lobbies to prevent griefers from screwing up games.

bbd23

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/821119661

lmao the funniest game of the night! we had 1 lane of racks (mid) and they were ratting the fuck out of us/continued to get aegies and ended up taking all our racks. best part of it all was the visage saying "one more hit until you lose the game" (our mid range barracks had like 10hp) which gave them megas. we let our bristle stay back to handle the eventual backdoor from prophet and we all rushed down mid, killed them off and just throne'd it
happytears.gif

the terrorblade could only say "Wow" after the loss. it was hilarious.

My AM games are always stressful. 744 last hits. new record
laugh.gif

Lotto

Now that we're hyping up on imminent mod tools, time to share what I've been tinkering with for a couple months. Disclaimer is that it's the probably the least balanced dota mod in the annals of dota mods, so take with salt, etc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ou4uqnw-o-inwwDzadQXHrhL11egcPu4D4eYmvmtVZg/edit?usp=sharing

Some really cool ideas in this! I especially like that Eidolons don't die from time when they're in midnight pulse. Also, that BKB nerf + Diffusal 3, oof. So excited for custom games *_*

Sibylus

Banned
Some really cool ideas in this! I especially like that Eidolons don't die from time when they're in midnight pulse. Also, that BKB nerf + Diffusal 3, oof. So excited for custom games *_*
Thank you very much! I am also excited beyond belief for custom games :D

Now that we're hyping up on imminent mod tools, time to share what I've been tinkering with for a couple months. Disclaimer is that it's the probably the least balanced dota mod in the annals of dota mods, so take with salt, etc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ou4uqnw-o-inwwDzadQXHrhL11egcPu4D4eYmvmtVZg/edit?usp=sharing
I'd honestly really like to see a Vanguard upgrade (there's an item in the files already, just not for the main game).

This is some cool stuff though.

Top Bottom