• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Acinixys

Whoever said to remove the gyro aghs effect is right. That shit is so useless and ppl who build it are basically -1 on the team.

Luna Aghs
OD Aghs
Gyro Aghs

Need updates cause atm theyre total shit

Also why is this still bugged? They just patched a whole bunch of issues and missed this? Valve pls

cSWkBlh.jpg

Pratfall

I've been doing it mostly as a mid build, actually. But yeah, it's a completely terrible build if you're meant to be the main damage dealer in the team.

How do you utilize the Aghs upgrade? Do you use it to splitpush or just to contribute to teamfights? All Aghs Gyros I have seen cast their ulti to splitpush and then we just get decimated in a teamfight 20 seconds later. I suppose that is more game awareness than anything else.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Icefrog just needs to buff it even further, so it's viable. Like Aghs Viper, and Aghs Void.

Aghanim Upgrade: Doubles speed of strikes, adds a third missile, every successive missile's AoE becomes larger and gives global cast range.

aghs effects quickly becoming the dota weapons race

Luna Aghs
OD Aghs
Gyro Aghs

Need updates cause atm theyre total shit

Also why is this still bugged? They just patched a whole bunch of issues and missed this? Valve pls

Luna Aghs: Beams now only hit enemy heroes, amount of beams increased to 6/9/12.
OD Aghs: Goes through BKB

These may or may not be too OP

G.ZZZ

I wanna make maps too! Goddamit. I'd kill for a diablo1 alike like. The engine has all for it imho. Maybe it needs a bit more inside tilesets, but aside from that... orgasm

You also have like 1 million hats for equipment. Mapmakers plz.

Falk

that puzzling face
Remember TFT Orc 'campaign'? Something like that for certain DotA heroes plus lorelol

edit: completely forgot you actually play Rexxar and not Thrall on this. Holy shit, even more want now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afsIyM2TrS0

edit2: Pfffhahahah I'm actually imagining a series of SFM shorts basically retelling this with Beastmaster/Witch Doctor/Disruptor/Techies/etc.

Quesa

Um so my view of the map in the workshop tools is messed up I think? It's hard to explain but there's this consistent black or blue bar across the top of the view depending on if I've loaded the basic entities of the game or not. If I zoom out or rotate it it makes the screen completely black and it basically limits my view to this incredibly small area. Anyone else have this issue?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Chrono is the same as it is in the actual game. It's just bugged to be missing the actual bubble on top which makes the black ring around the edge more prominent. But if you look it's there.

Chrono is the same as it is in the actual game. It's just bugged to be missing the actual bubble on top which makes the black ring around the edge more prominent. But if you look it's there.

Oh, thats why it makes the particles look more prominent. Oh well. The Shadow Fiend effects are definitely new though :).

Randdalf

Well after about a half hour of messing around I've confirmed that towers will not hit each other.

A lot of the default entities have hard-coded behaviors. For instance, the speed of creeps in each lane is controlled by the entity that creates them rather than some property the map maker can edit. I'd imagine a lot of the default stuff will have to be re-created in LUA in order to be made fully customisable.

Wok

I have just had a strange game during which I have tried to follow the support guide. I have played Sand King with the intent of gankind mid and roaming around. I have bought a smoke at the start of the game, but I have never used it. I have tried to avoid staying in the lane and last hitting, so that PA gets exp and gold, and I still end up with the 3rd gold total of the entire game, and the 3rd experience total of the entire game. 54 LH and 0 denies while avoiding the lanes.

Edit: I forgot to add Urn of Shadows is amazing. My build order was Smoke > Urn > Upgrade Courier > Boots > Blink > Veil > Aghs > Wards in their fountain.

Smithy C

5 games today. First four are horrible losses due to people being bad, flaming everyone else on the team, throwing around homophobic slurs and the other team dragging it out. Last game is super close for the first 10 minutes, we win one team fight and the other team abandons immediately. I need a break from Dota.

G.ZZZ

Playing mid so frustrating with all ur other lanes do shit with the space u create, like constantly going 3-0-4 first 10 mins but then if u can't snowball completely game is always lost
sleeping.gif

Kotl afk first 10 mins to farm jungle, and then... he get meka when viper already has
sleeping.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Sure, if I can deny you but you can't deny me.

Actually reminds me of that mod someone did that pitted Quake 2, Quake, Doomguy and BJ against each other (I believe it was a Quake 2 mod) and Doomguy just raped everything

edit: http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Generations Oh wow, never knew it was C&D'd :(

52club

I thought I'd offer these up for 24 hours before placing them on the marketplace:

Lockless Luckbox- $13.00 each (have a total of 3) (market price is $15.96 as of this posting)
Shagbark the Plush-$50.00 each (have a total of 2) (market price is $56.35 as of this posting)

Looking for payment via a paypal gift, or Amazon payments only. I will be sending the product key. Contact me via PM.

I have a perfect feedback record on the B/S/T thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApNQZQRILGpxdHJsQnJ0TzFYcWY3VHR6ZElucm5UR1E#gid=0

I just didn't want it to be misinterpreted that they might have got rid of their team for a new one.

I don't do misleading info like ongamers. Pls no delete.

Top Bottom