• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

dmshaposv

ok, i really dig this head

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294587401&searchtext=

Volodja

Already had a successful test of the Invoker Wars, the gamemode is fun I just need to not suck ass at making maps now.
It looked like a pretty solid base.
It would be nice to see it get some cool items to buy that are different from basic dota or stuff like that.

I thought I'd offer these up for 24 hours before placing them on the marketplace:

Lockless Luckbox- $13.00 each (have a total of 3) (market price is $15.96 as of this posting)
Shagbark the Plush-$50.00 each (have a total of 2) (market price is $56.35 as of this posting)

Looking for payment via a paypal gift, or Amazon payments only. I will be sending the product key. Contact me via PM.

I have a perfect feedback record on the B/S/T thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApNQZQRILGpxdHJsQnJ0TzFYcWY3VHR6ZElucm5UR1E#gid=0
sad.gif

It looked like a pretty solid base.
It would be nice to see it get some cool items to buy that is different from basic dota or stuff like that.
Yeah I need to mess around with the core stuff first like XP scaling, respawning etc.

Volodja

Yeah I need to mess around with the core stuff first like XP scaling, respawning etc.
That's true, like you observed during the stream the respawns need to be shorter, either fixed or differently scaled, so that should take precedence.
It's just that I loved getting in WC3 custom maps and just look at all the crazy shit people crammed into skills and shops.

Honestly would be pretty fuckin' fun if done right. LoL heroes scaled to Dota levels would be tiiiiiiiiiight.

Well would need quite a lot of scaling and quite a few champions are like really fucking boring. Wouldn't mind playing Ezreal or Akali in dota though. Thresh looks like he'd be a top tier support too if the skills were scaled(more range on hook, box a bit bigger, sides of the boxes not disapearing and the push beind a bit stronger and maybe adding some damage somewhere) The lantern alone is like super strong but implementation I think would be more complicated than typical stuff.

Falk

that puzzling face
I literally would report anyone I come across ingame wearing that. It's that bad.

No really, it looks like someone meticulously took a meat carver to his head.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What lol hero do you guys think would be the easiest to copy? Maybe soraka, or ashe? I want to dip my hands in custom abilities.

G.ZZZ

That face just need a WAT under it and it's perfect.

I've found a new go-to hero to stomp pubs ezitos, LC mid. Only problem is that the itembuild for this hero always feel so wonky. bottle->Treads->blink is pretty much set, but then i think it's all situational. I like blademail a lot, but the problem of the item is that early on ppl do shit damage meaning it doesn't reflect much in duel. Armlet may be better, but it's higher risk surely. BkB is always good but mostly after ur first post-blink item. SnY is surprisingly decent, but you can't chase for shit even with it and 522 ms anyway. I think focusing for max damage output so you can kill your duel target fast and give less time to the enemy to react is the best course. Especially because if you do so then you transition in an absurdly fast pusher later on with high damage + pta + cuirass. Almost as fun as huskar.

Zeth

Funny how devise cosmetics are. Every time a hat is posted, without fail, at least one person thinks it's literally the worst thing ever.

Kade

Who are your comfort food heroes? Mine is Windrunner.

When I can't decide who I want to play I just play Windrunner and if someone else picks her I leave.

ViviOggi

What lol hero do you guys think would be the easiest to copy? Maybe soraka, or ashe? I want to dip my hands in custom abilities.
Ashe seems like a good call. Drow model, tweaked potm arrow for ult and frost arrows for frost arrows (duh). Volley is a pretty basic skill and for her hawk you could maybe do something like having Rexxar's fly out in a fixed line?

Acinixys

That face just need a WAT under it and it's perfect.

I've found a new go-to hero to stomp pubs ezitos, LC mid. Only problem is that the itembuild for this hero always feel so wonky. bottle->Treads->blink is pretty much set, but then i think it's all situational. I like blademail a lot, but the problem of the item is that early on ppl do shit damage meaning it doesn't reflect much in duel. Armlet may be better, but it's higher risk surely. BkB is always good but mostly after ur first post-blink item. SnY is surprisingly decent, but you can't chase for shit even with it and 522 ms anyway. I think focusing for max damage output so you can kill your duel target fast and give less time to the enemy to react is the best course. Especially because if you do so then you transition in an absurdly fast pusher later on with high damage + pta + cuirass. Almost as fun as huskar.

I really like Bottle - Treads - Blink - AC - Deso/MKB

Mid Leigon is brutal. OO is so powerful from lvl 1. makes it super easy to zone

When I can't decide who I want to play I just play Windrunner and if someone else picks her I leave.

I think everyone had Windrunner as that hero, she can do literally every role and is fun.
I really like Bottle - Treads - Blink - AC - Deso/MKB

Mid Leigon is brutal. OO is so powerful from lvl 1. makes it super easy to zone
Getting a 5k item immediately after Blink seems really risky and prone to punishment unless you're snowballing hard.

Ketch

Mirana... For pretty much the same reasons, and hitting arrows is fun.

Getting a 5k item immediately after Blink seems really risky and prone to punishment unless you're snowballing hard.

All of the components for AC are super useful on legion so it's not that big of a deal. Blink with a casual platemail or hyper stone, pretty good for duels.

Lately it's been tidehunter...seems like everyone I play against underestimates his ganking potential..

G.ZZZ

Mirana... For pretty much the same reasons, and hitting arrows is fun.

All of the components for AC are super useful on legion so it's not that big of a deal. Blink with a casual platemail or hyper stone, pretty good for duels.

Problem is the hero really need to stay snowballing for relevance. Hyperstone isn't the worst thing, but you hit for really little early on, not enought to kill people fast, and it doesn't give you any additional utility. I think it's between armlet and Blademail for most games.

dmshaposv

Funny how devise cosmetics are. Every time a hat is posted, without fail, at least one person thinks it's literally the worst thing ever.

I personally think that head just needs the mouth, then It'll work. I dig the alien-esque design because it fits void's theme

Im not a fan of the mouthless FV heads like that tentacle one. Thats my least fav void head. The current best one is the crazy eternal mind mythical from perfect world. The only problem is that it costs a fucking crazy lot.

I wonder how valve will change the head in the remodel.

Tenck

Twitch would be the easiest I think. The mechanics are already there. A stacking dot, an invis with fade time, a slow, and making range longer.

I almost always enjoy myself when I play bounty hunter, because he comes online fairly early and is hard to completely shut down, and I feel like with good decision making I can always find a way to make a big impact in the game. I've carried so many games with him even though strictly speaking he's a pretty bad carry.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Oh man, so from now on whenever we have a SteamDB update we get the added little fun mechanic of debating over whether it's Dota content or workshop tools stuff.

BHK3

Banned

Ziggs and thresh. Ziggs is literally techies but just faster thrown bombs. Thresh is can just use pudges hook but not reel back, the lantern can be a aoe flameguard that does no damage, and his ult can be 5 darkseer walls that slow on impact.

Randdalf

Already had a successful test of the Invoker Wars, the gamemode is fun I just need to not suck ass at making maps now.

The tile editor should alleviate some of that though? Unfortunately, it takes a very long time to become good at using Hammer, but once you do put that time in, it's really simple to use.

Sibylus

Banned
Here's what I've grappled with getting working so far:

Buildup and recipes, check:
ibf2lW4Q8D1W8x.png

Stores charges, check:
ib2tbddXyKlQna.png

Readable name and description, check (albeit not sure why the magic wand icon is used there):
iby9fzw93IdZFq.png

Onto trying to figure out spell scaling and cooldown reduction.

Zephyx

Windranger or Skywrath Mage. I've been losing a lot with SM recently though so I really don't feel comfortable using him.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
For what it's worth though they usually only do those test client syncs when an actual patch is on the horizon, right?

Volodja

For what it's worth though they usually only do those test client syncs when an actual patch is on the horizon, right?
Well we know that already, they announced the next one coming around the end of the month.

Should've thought of checking around I guess.

Kard8p3

holy shit i need to play more to get out of this 4k bracket.

Literally had an offlane BS who would walk to lane, die, tp, die again and blamed the team for his retardation, even when we tried to help him. Was 0-7 13 mins in.

Top Bottom