• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

52club

I thought I'd offer these up for 24 hours before placing them on the marketplace:

Lockless Luckbox- $13.00 each (have a total of 3) (market price is $15.96 as of this posting)
Shagbark the Plush-$50.00 each (have a total of 2) (market price is $56.35 as of this posting)

Looking for payment via a paypal gift, or Amazon payments only. I will be sending the product key. Contact me via PM.

I have a perfect feedback record on the B/S/T thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApNQZQRILGpxdHJsQnJ0TzFYcWY3VHR6ZElucm5UR1E#gid=0

One repost before these go up on the market, I noticed cyborgmatt give this the sad emoticon. If offering these is in pull taste let me know and I'll delete both posts.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
One of my friends keeps trying to justify midas on carry Tiny. Someone create a custom mode where you can ban items.

52club

Are those the prices you paid for it?

What happened to selling it at face value?

To be clear I'm making some money. I just really wanted the physical items selling these is a nice bonus. Just thought a discount from the market price would be nice for someone. If not I'll delete the posts.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Why? Getting an aghs earlier accelerates his farm way more than a midas would considering a midas is already half the cost of an aghs.

Not nearly as much as you think. You can't compare ags on tiny to something like bf on am, even if they both cleave. Tiny lacks the attack speed to utilize the damage and the cleave well early on, and also requires a large amount of gold to really get rolling, so midas is a great option.

Duesy

Not nearly as much as you think. You can't compare ags on tiny to something like bf on am, even if they both cleave. Tiny lacks the attack speed to utilize the damage and the cleave well early on, and also requires a large amount of gold to really get rolling, so midas is a great option.

Plus, that XP!

Divvy

Interesting, that makes sense. But what is the correct item progression and timing then? Everytime he goes midas, his tiny is underwhelming as all hell. He just goes brown boots>midas>aghs so he's kind of useless for a good 25-30 minutes. Would treads or drums after midas and before aghs work better in that sort of case?

Sing's stream is better when it's just him, or when his friends aren't copying the way he acts.

I feel like he's too much of an act job. I have a hard time looking past that. Moonmeander is authentic and more pleasent to watch and listen to for my liking.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Interesting, that makes sense. But what is the correct item progression and timing then? Everytime he goes midas, his tiny is underwhelming as all hell. He just goes brown boots>midas>aghs so he's kind of useless for a good 25 minutes. Would treads or drums after midas and before aghs work better in that sort of case?

Carry tiny isn't run that often because he is a little useless for a while unless you go for a more aggressive blink build. I would complete boots before ags if you need to do anything other than afk farm. Drum is a little questionable, it used to be common when the item was everywhere, but as the cost has gone up it's often been dropped. Tiny's lack of armor is really what hurts his viability early more than anything else and drum doesn't do a lot to cover that up. I think some streamers have recently done like phase/treads -> blink -> ags for a ganking build, but that's normally a trolly snowball thing out of mid.

Really if you want to run carry tiny, just pick wisp.

Zeth

Other people like Moonmeander stream?! I genuinely thought I was the only one. He can be incredibly obnoxious, but it doesn't bother me. Also he's the ultimate tryhard.

On a related note - going through EE's dotabuff. It's fucking sad how many losses there are where he has no items at the end. What a brat.

Did Moonmeander become a different person or something? The guy was literally one of the worst human beings on the internet when I watched him previously.

sick.gif

Sing's stream is better when it's just him, or when his friends aren't copying the way he acts.

I've watched his stream a time or two for a few minutes and it was full of him saying oh my god and ending his words in "ino" (which has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard). Didn't see anything redeemable.

Divvy

Carry tiny isn't run that often because he is a little useless for a while unless you go for a more aggressive blink build. I would complete boots before ags if you need to do anything other than afk farm. Drum is a little questionable, it used to be common when the item was everywhere, but as the cost has gone up it's often been dropped. Tiny's lack of armor is really what hurts his viability early more than anything else and drum doesn't do a lot to cover that up. I think some streamers have recently done like phase/treads -> blink -> ags for a ganking build, but that's normally a trolly snowball thing out of mid.

Really if you want to run carry tiny, just pick wisp.

Thanks. I guess we'll need to practice some tiny+wisp. When he goes midas, he has zero survivability when he gets ganked so maybe a babysitter would help a lot.

Divvy

Undying wars on Waga's stream right now. It's fucking hilarious

EDIT: Tusk wars now

I did that yesterday and got 850GPM. It's pretty legit if you have freefarm.

Well the problem is my friend gets midas all the time regardless of the situation, so i guess that's more of his personal problem.

BraXzy

Woah. The Timebreaker's price sure shot up in the past few months. I was just looking on Dota2Lounge for the new golden immortals and noticed it being asked for and wondered why when it was worth £20 last time I checked.

This was a decent trade...

42429b1869b06cbf2dfa157d790fc64f.png

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Woah. The Timebreaker's price sure shot up in the past few months. I was just looking on Dota2Lounge for the new golden immortals and noticed it being asked for and wondered why when it was worth £20 last time I checked.

This was a decent trade...

42429b1869b06cbf2dfa157d790fc64f.png

I sold mine for 150$ if that makes you feel better.

Calidor

I've watched his stream a time or two for a few minutes and it was full of him saying oh my god and ending his words in "ino" (which has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard). Didn't see anything redeemable.

only decent streams are Merlini's for good insight and RTZ's for ear raping with terrible music

Acinixys

Pls no cappuccino pastarino

I like sing when its just himself or + 1

When he plays with Xcalibur and Tucker and those guys he becomes an insufferable douche

His screams of OH MY GAWD are manageable when hes alone, but he plays it up so much when he plays with his friends and it becomes insufferable

Manus

Undying wars on Waga's stream right now. It's fucking hilarious

EDIT: Tusk wars now

Well the problem is my friend gets midas all the time regardless of the situation, so i guess that's more of his personal problem.

What's the timing on getting the Midas? I'd say if he can't get it before 10 minutes than I would skip the Midas.

Artanisix

I just tagged and purged a bazillion people from my friends list. I still have 51 GAFfers friended [not counting mumblegaf], but if I deleted you, just add me again. For the most part, if I couldn't tell who you were from a previous nickname or your aliases, you got deleted.

Aselith

To be clear I'm making some money. I just really wanted the physical items selling these is a nice bonus. Just thought a discount from the market price would be nice for someone. If not I'll delete the posts.

Shagbark is not a physical item?

Zeth

Pls no cappuccino pastarino

I like sing when its just himself or + 1

When he plays with Xcalibur and Tucker and those guys he becomes an insufferable douche

His screams of OH MY GAWD are manageable when hes alone, but he plays it up so much when he plays with his friends and it becomes insufferable

Well now that there's a thread about this at the top of reddit, maybe his friends will stop being lame.

Shagbark is not a physical item?

Yes - comes with a code I assume.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I just tagged and purged a bazillion people from my friends list. I still have 51 GAFfers friended [not counting mumblegaf], but if I deleted you, just add me again. For the most part, if I couldn't tell who you were from a previous nickname or your aliases, you got deleted.

Emerson purged

keep it together Emerson old boy, don't let them see your tears

domstah

Hate to bring up and old argument but it's matches like this one here which is why I don't want a concede option or a GG option in Dota2, in fact I think it should also be disabled from Pro Play (especially after the TI4 final).

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/822988924

If nothing else, watch the last 5 minutes - Sven gets a lucky cleave crit and kills the entire team in one hit (which is worth watching just for that) - and pushes through our barracks, and towers right to the ancient just in time for us to respawn. He pops BKB early, gets swapped in to an Necro Ulti - BANG! no buy back for you - and we push for their ancients without fear of their carry. Felt like a god after that victory.

It was a fun game - but I definitely think there were two points where my team would have GGed if they could.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I haven't sold mine yet so I could do the same :p

It's probably going to continue to slowly rise though right? Since there's never going to be anymore.

Anbokr and I discussed this at length. Even though the numbers are comparable to dragonclaw the pudge hook is worth way more just because of pudge's popularity. Timebreaker has seen a huge increase in value because of the upswing in void's power and popularity in recent patches, culminating with Universe just dominating with him from offlane. We expect the hero to get the nerfbat and his popularity to drop off in a huge way despite the addition of the model remake, and thus the price to drop back off.

Feel free to hold on though, over the max long term it's probably going to go up. But, my bet is that void is at the peak of both his power and popularity for at least a year, and so will be the timebreaker value.

Quesa

Survived the purge

Was inspired by this and did it myself. If you feel wronged take it up with Binder&Binder add me back and lmk who you are.\

Also Bo! I forgot to say this at the time but taking a drink of water as you advised totally helped my stomachache, so thanks for that :)

Hylian7

I really need to do the same with mine. I've blindly accepted way too many people that were only interested in me for my Dragonclaw Hook.

Top Bottom