• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Madouu

uL3FGBL.jpg

Alright so I just played the longest game in my records (1h 28 min), our drow ranger abandoned at 45 minutes or so and we had one rax down, the rest of the game was spent trying to get the other raxes 4v5, let's say it took a lot of effort to get it done versus ember/timber/silencer but we prevailed almost an hour later with some travel boots backdooring shenanigans and a final suicide death push mid.

A very clowny game where most of us played very far from our best, but still a damn fun & entertaining one:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/826773298

Yeah I don't think I've ever heard someone say they played really well in a really long game. After 50-60 minutes you either get tired or stop caring and make serious mistakes.

Madouu

All of my rares on MVP.

ok guys i think i quit dota going to beomce a pro mario kart 8 player bye

do you do mario kart coaching thx

Yeah I don't think I've ever heard someone say they played really well in a really long game. After 50-60 minutes you either get tired or stop caring and make serious mistakes.

Yeah as funny as it was, I don't think I want to play another game like this anytime soon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How does this sound for Lich Wars? Frost Nova as a skill shot with a long windup (Like 1.5 seconds), a 1 second Astral imprisonment, an ability that makes Lich commit suicide and give other people mana ("Lich gonna give you mana"), and a chain frost that has a really large bounce range.

Jex

Sometimes I feel like the trench is just a bogeyman to scare newer players, but then it becomes all too real:

- A Skywrath Mage who doesn't skill Ancient Seal for 13 levels, and only then because I begged him too. He said "what good would it do?" when the enemies have caster-type heroes.

- A Shadow Shaman who doesn't skill hex. I try explaining to him that it's a really strong disable that would normally cost thousands of gold, but he just puts point into stats. Amazingly, this has happened twice.

- A Dazzle who never skill shallow grave.

- An OD who only ever put a single point in Astral Imprisonment. I guess I should be glad he skill it at all.

Madouu

MVP still kind of bad at getting xp on their support heroes though, top teams supports would be 6 by now especially with the map control they've had.

Ultimatum

Banned
I don't know why merlini bothered returning to "pro" dota

Sometimes I feel like the trench is just a bogeyman to scare newer players, but then it becomes all too real:

- A Skywrath Mage who doesn't skill Ancient Seal for 13 levels, and only then because I begged him too. He said "what good would it do?" when the enemies have caster-type heroes.

- A Shadow Shaman who doesn't skill hex. I try explaining to him that it's a really strong disable that would normally cost thousands of gold, but he just puts point into stats. Amazingly, this has happened twice.

- A Dazzle who never skill shallow grave.

- An OD who only ever put a single point in Astral Imprisonment. I guess I should be glad he skill it at all.

those skills deal no damage what's the point

I don't get why people don't follow guides. Yes, skill builds are situational, but when you're fucking up that hard you need to just follow a guide and focus your attention on other things. At least fucking read what the spell does instead of just taking whatever does the most damage.

Sibylus

Banned
Don't think anyone realistically expected Zephyr to retake the leading position in the Korean scene with a single player swap. Lost that position a long time ago.

Vaporak

Getting Merlini to play support feels wrong, but Blitz was doing really bad as a support in the last game I saw, so perhaps it's the best bad option.

Had two fun comeback games tonight.

Windrunner game.
Shadow Shaman game.

The windrunner game was mostly NP doing rat dota and getting huge while we struggled to defend. The SS game seemed pretty bad, axe and bane offlane cut creeps and put a ton of pressure on me and spectre, however since axe falls off hard and spectre is super good late we were able to turn stuff after some decent fights. The ward spot south of the Dire tier 2 and a little bit west in the jungle was clutch in both games.

Zephyr was like an icefrog buff for the Korean DOTA scene. One minor boost and that hero somehow becomes so good that it'll never get nerfed enough.

Smithy C

Qb4Blycl.png

Well, this is the opposite of All Pick. No pick. No heroes in the game, not even on my profile or most successful heroes thing. Anyone else having this bug?

Radec

What console command that lets you show how much heal amount you are getting?

The green +xx that pops on your character when a heal is casted

Top Bottom