• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New idea for lich wars skills, frost nova, astral, cold feet, ice path, 'slow ball' chain frost, 'fast ball' chain frost. That sound fun?

That's half the point of astral. But maybe astral/ice path/cold feat would be to much lock down.

Disruption may be fun if you can change the illusion count.
I totally missed that, my bad.
facepalm.gif

Kard8p3

GAF, serious question time. What do you do when you're in a slump and just sliding backwards in MMR? Dropped from 4.2-->3.8 in just a few days and its been hell trying to climb back up lol(and also I fucking hate it, makes me feel like I'm shit at dota). Obviously going to probably take a break for a few days if I can, but IDK. I feel like maybe I hit my MOBA plateau and my frustration with it is making me play worse. I need to try and progress, tips?

New idea for lich wars skills, frost nova, astral, cold feet, ice path, 'slow ball' chain frost, 'fast ball' chain frost. That sound fun?

How about decrepify, frost nova, spike carpace (perhaps on a longer cooldown like 30 or even 60seconds) and chain frost (on a short , maybe 30second, cooldown) that gets faster as you level it up (150ms at lvl 1, 250 at lvl 2, 400 at lvl 3)
It'd be like rock paper scissors with the decrep and spike carpace combos

You would have the spike carpace change the 'allegiance' of the chain frost if it hits an enemy with spike carpace active (the ball could be colored red or green to show whose side it is on)

If my explenation is too confusing, an example:
you and friend run into group of 5 lichs, decrep one throw chainfrost at him, but since he saved his spike carpace he stuns you and you eat the full decrep chainfrost hit dmg to the face, the chainfrost changes from green (your team color) to red as it bounces back at your friend or you because the spike carpace changed its allegiance (acts like it was used by the guy who used carpace)
Your friend also uses his carpace to return it to your side

It would be chaos
added mutators could be the chain frost hits acting like a force staff/earth spirit kick and knocking you back
You could play it on an ice themed map with crash bandicoot/diretide style slippery floors and bouncy walls for full pinballmachine hilarity

inkls

the spirit of anger bear for ld has got to be the best bear so far. Its adorable:

he even grows in size for every points in ld bear skill.

too bad valve didn't take the alternate style with a radiance strapped on his back and the bamboo entangle.

Speaking of Lone Druid, I noticed something weird about him. On the dota wiki, it states that Lone Druid's true form base attack time is 1.5. However, liquipedia says it's 1.6. I googled it, and the other sources I can find seem to have a 50-50 split on wether it's 1.5 or 1.6. I couldn't find anyone else bringing this discrepancy up either.

Does someone know the attack time system well enough to figure this out through testing? Or maybe inform reddit and let them figure it out? I need to know damnit!

inkls

Speaking of Lone Druid, I noticed something weird about him. On the dota wiki, it states that Lone Druid's true form base attack time is 1.5. However, liquipedia says it's 1.6. I googled it, and the other sources I can find seem to have a 50-50 split on wether it's 1.5 or 1.6. I couldn't find anyone else bringing this discrepancy up either.

Does someone know the attack time system well enough to figure this out through testing? Or maybe inform reddit and let them figure it out? I need to know damnit!

the library on dota 2 says its 1.5

Demoli

For those people that use keys 1-6 for items, which keys do you use for control groups then?

zxcvbn

the spirit of anger bear for ld has got to be the best bear so far. Its adorable:

he even grows in size for every points in ld bear skill.

too bad valve didn't take the alternate style with a radiance strapped on his back and the bamboo entangle.

That bear is still hella bugged. Pupils dont show, hitbox is all kinds of messed up and they didnt add various styles.

SMFH volvo

Edit: Anybody up for a GB tournment team? I'd rather not captain but I will if i have to.

Quesa

GAF, serious question time. What do you do when you're in a slump and just sliding backwards in MMR? Dropped from 4.2-->3.8 in just a few days and its been hell trying to climb back up lol(and also I fucking hate it, makes me feel like I'm shit at dota). Obviously going to probably take a break for a few days if I can, but IDK. I feel like maybe I hit my MOBA plateau and my frustration with it is making me play worse. I need to try and progress, tips?

Don't play ranked, play stuff that you can't play in ranked and try new heroes. Generally you want to get into a mindset where you don't give a shit, pop some music, and try not to think about your losses outside of analyzing them for improvements.

Haunted

Just stop playing ranked for a while. Do some fun stuff, play your favourite heroes, try something fun or interesting that you always wanted to but thought wouldn't be viable in "serious" play.

People play for different reasons, but if you're getting frustrated and it makes you unhappy, seriously step back and evaluate why you play the game in the first place.

xanavi

Pick void because he's the best hero in the game apparently.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

zxcvbn

That bear is still hella bugged. Pupils dont show, hitbox is all kinds of messed up and they didnt add various styles.

SMFH volvo

Edit: Anybody up for a GB tournment team? I'd rather not captain but I will if i have to.
I'm up for it, so long as signing up isn't too annoying.

kvk1

Just lost a really fun ratty game playing as Death Prophet.

Simply ran out of talent. Made some severe tactical mistakes late in the game and had one too many panicky teamfight moments to warrant a win.

Sorry dead French lady.

I have disappointed you.

sad.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The fact that MaddenGAF has an annual event and DOTA2GAF doesn't is a travesty.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys are just going to turn the GB tournament into a GAF tournament.

Top Bottom