• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I've been trying to think of ways to improve, and your post definitely gives me ideas. Thanks.

I definitely want to improve as a player. I'm feel I should start playing stuff out of my comfort zone. Most of the time I'm queued up with my friends, I get put in the hard carry position, but I'd like to do other stuff too. Problem is they're not really comfortable at times taking on the role of carry. Maybe I should be more persistent.

make quote meepo.
Problem solved

Hylian7

I have faced a good Earth Spirit for the first time in the trench. This hero is broken.
You understand now. Someone on the other team in a game I had yesterday said something like "Pick Earth Spirit and win, no surprise. Hero is broken."

I'm glad people are realizing it now. It will be much harder to nerf him this time than in 6.79. Really easy to over nerf.

Fucking long arse game.
highfive.gif

Hylian7

Reading all this talk for helping new players makes me want to make a new image of hero difficulties. The info in the OP is missing a lot of heroes, and most new players won't necessarily get the joke about Meepo.

I know I've seen images floating around like this, but most of them are old and out of date. This would be more of a "how hard is this hero mechanically" rather than "who is ez win".

Sianos

make quote meepo.
Problem solved

so meepo is basically two visages fused together, right?

I'm uuuuusually a position 3 or 4, but I've been trying out more farm intensive carry positions as well. I'm liking Doom/Sven/Wraith King type carries because they can offer some utility and build utility items well if I'm having a particularly bad game.

Lately our big problem is getting too passive with our early game leads and giving their late game carries tons of space to farm up all their items. Most of my recent losses we've still had great laning phases, but just didn't end the game or gank people off afk farming enough.

You understand now. Someone on the other team in a game I had yesterday said something like "Pick Earth Spirit and win, no surprise. Hero is broken."

I'm glad people are realizing it now. It will be much harder to nerf him this time than in 6.79. Really easy to over nerf.

I just can't seem to win constantly with Earth Spirit in any role. Whether I go mid, offlane, or safe lane support I'll have an awesome early to mid game and then completely fall off a cliff and probably be the reason we lose the game. I just can't play this hero late.

Quesa

Ok here's something that's been bugging for a while: in what order are your friends listed in the Friends segment of the client in your library where it says "You have X Friends playing Dota 2 right now!" and in the other list? It's not alphabetical and I don't think it's by who came online first.

Hylian7

I just can't seem to win constantly with Earth Spirit in any role. Whether I go mid, offlane, or safe lane support I'll have an awesome early to mid game and then completely fall off a cliff and probably be the reason we lose the game. I just can't play this hero late.
I like offlane the best now, as you can conserve rocks and mana, go soul ring, and be able to be somewhat aggressive. Sometimes you just gotta initiate with kick rock > pull it back > roll in > ulti while your team helps you do work. I usually buy the mek 90% of the time as I can get it sooner than the supports. Blademail and BKB are great. It sounds like you are on/against are just "on the clock" and don't end soon enough. With good ultis, you can wreck the hell out of team fights. Remember, it's okay to only get one person with the initial ulti cast, use carefully placed rocks for the rest.

kvk1

Man, I need the radio station Universe is using for his stream.

It's all Disney songs, and it's gotten me nostalgic something fierce.

Red UFO

Can anybody give me a few tips on laning against a Silencer in mid? What are some good heroes to send against him? Or do you just do your best to ride out the laning phase until back-up arrives?

Acinixys

Can anybody give me a few tips on laning against a Silencer in mid? What are some good heroes to send against him? Or do you just do your best to ride out the laning phase until back-up arrives?

Take lots of regen
Play a hero with spam-able spells
Tell supports to rotate to gank

Dont die

I like offlane the best now, as you can conserve rocks and mana, go soul ring, and be able to be somewhat aggressive. Sometimes you just gotta initiate with kick rock > pull it back > roll in > ulti while your team helps you do work. I usually buy the mek 90% of the time as I can get it sooner than the supports. Blademail and BKB are great. It sounds like you are on/against are just "on the clock" and don't end soon enough. With good ultis, you can wreck the hell out of team fights. Remember, it's okay to only get one person with the initial ulti cast, use carefully placed rocks for the rest.

What else do you build on him normally? I know it's situational, but just as a general idea.

Hylian7

What else do you build on him normally? I know it's situational, but just as a general idea.
Pretty much everything on him is situational. Here are items I have built though.

Soul Ring
Bottle
Arcane Boots
Mek
Pipe
Sheep
Shiva's
Blademail
Force Staff
Veil
Blink (very rare but can be awesome)

Those are just off the top of my head, but there are probably more.

rezuth

faceless void going bfury after mom, midas and treads...

...nice

Gotta love that he went Midas Recipe, Mask and then Midas...

Just had a game where Mirana went stun first instead of leap when she was solo offlane. She died to a DD Weaver and blamed the team.... Okaaaaaay. Then she just sat AFK in fountain for 3 min while we started wrecking early game, then all of a sudden she decided to not be AFK and started just being terrible. We won 4vs5 though because of me and Razor.

sixghost

I think the trick is to get out of range of his Curse once he drops Last Word on you. You end up taking a ton of damage if you use a spell right away, because you're silenced for 3 or 4 seconds and the curse eats away at you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
askrgnlaeijrbgnlaekijgvbnae lgivkjuaenhrgliaserjtugnbhlaseitrjukgnhaserlitujb hsel;ikugt jnhepgtoiuwhae;rogtihaseg;oilkdshgnjvk;ldgjnsid

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Was it the Lycan?

It was the Slark, who mistakenly thought Slark was a farming carry.

Around 15 minutes in, I notice he's doing nothing. I bring it up, he tells me he needs Shadowblade to be "relevant".

30 minutes of farming later, he still irrelevant.

He had me muted, so I needed to resort to creative measures to tell him to get BKB. First, I drew on the map to get his attention, and then I spammed "I will purchase BKB" to hopefully convey the point. It seems like I succeeded, not that it mattered, because Disraptor got Aghs and rendered all our items useless.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
In this game Nyx and Mirana went bot and Huskar and SWM went mid.
After WR kept pooping on me in lane Nyx rotated top hit 6 super late and then I didn't Chrono a kill and missed the next one and he gave up on me. Nyx was on tilt since he lost 200 MMR today

We won anyway since we ganked so well and the other team was dumb.

2-0 #roadto4k
kKVLVMR.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I won two games today that I would have swore were impossible to win 15-20 minutes in. Never give up, never surrender, people.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Welp, the tool to download Twitch VODs to bypass the muting no longer works, nor does viewing archives thru Livestreamer, so I guess I will never get to watch another Bulldog stream for the rest of my life. That makes me sad. Now pardon me while I go commit sudoku.

Top Bottom