• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Big Dog

I tried fixing that 0/0 bytes download the other day by switching to the Beta Client and the entire program was unresponsive on my computer. It was a terrible experience trying to fix that issue. I ended up just restoring my computer to an old save from a few days prior and after redownloading the patches that 0/0 bytes download was all gone.

Acinixys

Then you a fool: Steam beta client is both prettier and faster!

Its totally fucked on some systems

I have a decent PC but the beta client runs like a ass

It takes 5+ mins to open steam and when its open it takes 5+ minutes to load anything. Menus, my library, the store etc

I updated to get rid of the 0 byte update and then had to spend 45 mins uninstalling it

Was kak

I tried fixing that 0/0 bytes download the other day by switching to the Beta Client and the entire program was unresponsive on my computer. It was a terrible experience trying to fix that issue. I ended up just restoring my computer to an old save from a few days prior and after redownloading the patches that 0/0 bytes download was all gone.

Yes this

Kade

happytears.gif
hex.gif
Finally got my shit in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hex.gif
happytears.gif

The wearables

Golden Tiny happy to be the newest member of the desk crew

I'm so happy.
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
happytears.gif

Its totally fucked on some systems

I have a decent PC but the beta client runs like a ass

It takes 5+ mins to open steam and when its open it takes 5+ minutes to load anything. Menus, my library, the store etc

I updated to get rid of the 0 byte update and then had to spend 45 mins uninstalling it

Was kak

Yes this

I had the DOTA 2 0 bytes download bug in the beta steam client first so I had to figure out that I had to cancel that download every time or my Steam would crash.

A few hours later my DOTA would crash when I would press the button to find a match.

Yeah, I'll wait a bit before I go back to the beta version.

Wok

Okay, so I ran LC mid twice yesterday and had the easiest time of my life. How exactly is the enemy mid supposed to lane against LC's Q spam? I'll fucking run her mid all day.

If the ennemy controls the runes, then LC will quickly run out of mana.

Didn't put a single point in her E until I had the other 2 maxed. Jungle LC is so slow and useless, by the time you come out of the jungle (roughly 10-11 mins) with brown boots and Blink Dagger, your T1s are gone. So bad.

No idea why you prefer her W to her E. I solely use her W to tear down towers, so it is pretty irrelevant early game unless you get a lot of harassment.

I hate junglers in my bracket. Do nothing for the first quarter of the game free farming despite not realizing that they're 1)inefficient at doing it (18 min blink dagger on jungling sandking) and 2)fucking over the other lanes by doing so (essentially making your team play 4v5 which is especially bad given the nature of the meta right now- first to deathball wins).

Acinixys

I hate junglers in my bracket. Do nothing for the first quarter of the game free farming despite not realizing that they're 1)inefficient at doing it (18 min blink dagger on jungling sandking) and 2)fucking over the other lanes by doing so (essentially making your team play 4v5 which is especially bad given the nature of the meta right now- first to deathball wins).

Guys picks Enchantress

AFK jungles till he has Midas and Aghs

Comes out the jungle at 20 mins when the enemy is raxing

Razzer

If the ennemy controls the runes, then LC will quickly run out of mana.

No idea why you prefer her W to her E. I solely use her W to tear down towers, so it is pretty irrelevant early game unless you get a lot of harassment.

Yo that heal and a goddamn purge is strong in fights. Teammate gets stunned? Don't worry bro I got you. That's a pretty fucking rare ability. If another core is being focused you can swing that with levels in your W by using it on them. The E on the other hand is really a late game spell as it scales with you doing more damage. If you hit like a kitten getting more counter hits in isn't as important. And you should be trying to avoid the focus in early fights anyway.

Guys picks Enchantress

AFK jungles till he has Midas and Aghs

Comes out the jungle at 20 mins when the enemy is raxing

No kidding- the whole point with enchantress is that you come on line as a ganker from the jungle early on.

It happened to me.

You are not alone.

I just don't get why they don't even consider ganking....just afk farm all day (in a spot where most heroes get less gold and XP than they would had they just straight up laned)...I mean one of the strengths of jungling is that you create a man advantage in either top or mid lane while farming.

sixghost

No kidding- the whole point with enchantress is that you come on line as a ganker from the jungle early on.

I just don't get why they don't even consider ganking....just afk farm all day (in a spot where most heroes get less gold and XP than they would had they just straight up laned)...I mean one of the strengths of jungling is that you create a man advantage in either top or bottom lane while farming.

Because buying smokes and ganking takes initiative and could possibly fail. Farming an aghs in jungle is easy.

Yeah but you can't get killed in lane so you can blame someone else for the loss. It's the reason people love to jungle but refuse to play mid, you don't need to use your brain.

Nymerio

I really want developers putting their games on Steam to start making Dota 2 pre-order items like they did with TF2. I think Thief is the only game to do it so far and it was an alright Drow set.

If I had a game to sell I'd try to do an item for preorders, and then somewhere down the line, I'd try to do an item that people get for buying the game during a sale. I think that would be an interesting experiment.

Why?

Pudge and Blyatcyka are 100% retard heroes

Only picked by retards or randomed by mistake

Sniper safelane i can understand

Heros pretty good

I don't know man, I think the cyka is pretty underrated right now. Don't let the jungle into brown boots radiance goofballs ruin him for you.

I'm ok with safelane sniper as well. I'm ok with Pudge and BS too as long as they play well. Last pick Pudge on the other hand (when we already have a mid and need a support)

Playing mid only heroes to increase your mmr doesn't work now for the most part (that's what everyone in my game these days seems to do). I'm under the impression that the best way to boost your mmr as of right now is to play late game scaling support (guys with solid AOE type spells) and strength heroes (being tanky kinda discourages people from ganking you and it allows for you to be more aggressive).

I don't know man, I think the cyka is pretty underrated right now. Don't let the jungle into brown boots radiance goofballs ruin him for you.

I dunno about underrated...dude's a pubstomper. I see him with regularity in my games.

Pratfall

I'm ok with safelane sniper as well. I'm ok with Pudge and BS too as long as they play well. Last pick Pudge on the other hand (when we already have a mid and need a support)

Playing mid only heroes to increase your mmr doesn't work now for the most part (that's what everyone in my game these days seems to do). I'm under the impression that the best way to boost your mmr as of right now is to play late game scaling support (guys with solid AOE type spells) and strength heroes (being tanky kinda discourages people from ganking you and it allows for you to be more aggressive).

I dunno about underrated...dude's a pubstomper. I see him with regularity in my games.

I am still terrible with him, but abbadon seems like a pretty sweet ticket to higher MMR. Punishes lack of teamwork and stupidity like few other heroes and can play a couple different roles.

I just mean he has been getting the four or five patch in a row Icefrog love and he isn't the buy a TP and he's shutdown joke he had been. That small gradual buffing eventually comes to a tipping point where the hero starts getting crazy. Happened with Tree for a while, it's why Void is what he is right now. Blood and Juggernaut could turn the corner next I think.

I am still terrible with him, but abbadon seems like a pretty sweet ticket to higher MMR. Punishes lack of teamwork and stupidity like few other heroes and can play a couple different roles.

I can't play him either but he certainly fits the bill. On that note, I should learn how to play omniknight as well..

Hylian7

Why?

Pudge and Blyatcyka are 100% retard heroes

Only picked by retards or randomed by mistake

Sniper safelane i can understand

Heros pretty good
LOL

You keep believing that. Pudge and BlyatCyka are c viable in pub games for sure, hell even Pudge is rarely viable in a pro game.

You have to realize that pubs are not pros, different things work there. Pudge is a totally viable hero if you know what you are doing. BlyatCyka...ehhh he is okay, but I think the main benefit of him on your team is Thirst.

Even in pro games though in the right situation, we have seen Pudge be a viable hero, just a risky one obviously. However the payoff is huge.

Pratfall

LOL

You keep believing that. Pudge and BlyatCyka are c viable in pub games for sure, hell even Pudge is rarely viable in a pro game.

You have to realize that pubs are not pros, different things work there. Pudge is a totally viable hero if you know what you are doing. BlyatCyka...ehhh he is okay, but I think the main benefit of him on your team is Thirst.

Even in pro games though in the right situation, we have seen Pudge be a viable hero, just a risky one obviously. However the payoff is huge.

Don't think the argument is viability. The argument is that they are magnets for toxic people. They all win the most likely hero to ping >We need wards. over and over again when they die.

manfestival

Don't think the argument is viability. The argument is that they are magnets for toxic people. They all win the most likely hero to ping >We need wards. over and over again when they die.

clearly you wouldnt think the argument is viable based on your hilarious initial statement

Jesus these casters. At least they have some kind of chemistry between them. It's not that hard folks, find purge and blitz, give them a sandwich, have them cast your tournament. Or hire Lysander so I can mute without a care in the world.

So what do ya'll think about Babyknight? Dude switched from SC2. Is it paying off?

Hylian7

Fair enough, I just tend to reserve judgment until I see them play a bit, being a "Pudge picker" myself. I'm usually one of those Pudges people like though.

Top Bottom