• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

manfestival

I took a look at that thread and they had this GIF going

tumblr_lthp73JYcp1qequos.gif

so I thought it could be useful for basically anything in this thread.

I love the fighting game community

whats the schedule look like in an average week for the gb tourney?

cause the members of the soon to be sponsored stevewinwood stack have lives and shit

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
whats the schedule look like in an average week for the gb tourney?

cause the members of the soon to be sponsored stevewinwood stack have lives and shit

he claims it's extremely flexible, but basically you play a bunch of bo1's in 1-2 weeks, then you play a series or two once a week on the weekend for like 2 weeks, last year the tournament dragged on for a month and a half because people flaked on their scheduled once a week game and he kept rescheduling.

tldr: it's really flexible, sign up, if you can't show he'll keep rescheduling you or worse comes to worst you'll forfeit a few bo1's or get dq'd but w/e yolo

Big Dog

How do you guys prefer to play Abaddon? Lately, I have been playing him and using him as a carry by focusing on his slow and good attack speed. I've played him successfully as a support too but definitely prefer him as a mid to late carry.

Edit: I get items on him like Mjollnir, even Skull Basher (helps for the right clicks) and MoM. Give me recommendations as to what you like on him.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh my god, why is Ursa?! I just had a team in single draft convince me to grab him and lane (which was probably a bigger problem than just playing him). That was the longest early game of my life.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just lost the fucking stupidest game that I shouldn't have fucking lost. We just fed them repeatedly despite knowing that we couldn't out teamfight them and we had a much stronger late game

That really pisses me off

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
We won, but I didn't have any fun until about the 25 minute mark. The lane we had was terrible, no disables at all until 6, and once the enemy figured that out we didn't have a chance. I'll admit I enjoyed it enough once I got a couple items to ignore my team and go make a warding support explode (and I had a few hilarious duels with Spirit Breaker in the pub championship fight), but if I never take Ursa to lane again it will be too soon.

Quesa

We won, but I didn't have any fun until about the 25 minute mark. The lane we had was terrible, no disables at all until 6, and once the enemy figured that out we didn't have a chance. I'll admit I enjoyed it enough once I got a couple items to ignore my team and go make a warding support explode (and I had a few hilarious duels with Spirit Breaker in the pub championship fight), but if I never take Ursa to lane again it will be too soon.

Well there's your problem.

Take shasha into safe lane and you will have an easy lane 99.6% guaranteed.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol, I've done that a few times and I've been successful. These guys had it blow up in their face pretty hard though.

Well, you gotta just ignore them for a while, and farm the other lanes and get a good level advantage. Then they just lose every single teamfight after. Also helped that Shrapnel is pretty good at delaying pushes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Both of the last games I played Sylla I played against RNGsus PA's that ruined my life so hard.

Wok

Axe + Dazze + Shadow Demon

Wrecks Spectre (and virtually any other carry) so hard in lane, she'll never kill secure herself back into the game.

What do you do when there is another carry like Void on the other lane? You shutdown Spectre but Void has freefarm.

What do you do when there is another carry like Void on the other lane? You shutdown Spectre but Void has freefarm.

Have him face a stronger laner. Weaver can outlane a Void and so can Timber and so forth.

Aggro tris aren't always the right choice but he explicitly asked for nasty combos and Axe/Dazzle/Shadow demon is a straight 10 out of 10 in terms of scumbaggyness.

Acinixys

I played against a 5 stack that tried to 5-man down mid right away.

2Z8KtR4.png

Im not suprised they lost. That team comp is trash

Lycan - WD - Venge - Luna - BM

Get lvl 1 rosh and then start steam rolling towers
Get as many mana boots as possible and a super fast mek

Nymerio

I can't figure out how to make the force staff into an ability. When I try to use item_force_staff as the baseclass I get item is muted errors when I try to use the ability. I guess that's because I don't actually have a force staff in my inventory. If I just try to apply the force staff active modifier it applies the animation but does not actually move the hero forward. If I try to apply a velocity impulse (keys.target:ApplyAbsVelocityImpulse) via lua it does nothing as well.

Has anyone tried something like this an got it to work?

Tenck

I can't figure out how to make the force staff into an ability. When I try to use item_force_staff as the baseclass I get item is muted errors when I try to use the ability. I guess that's because I don't actually have a force staff in my inventory. If I just try to apply the force staff active modifier it applies the animation but does not actually move the hero forward. If I try to apply a velocity impulse (keys.target:ApplyAbsVelocityImpulse) via lua it does nothing as well.

Has anyone tried something like this an got it to work?

Have you tried looking at Earth Spirit affects his targets with the push? Probably get an idea off that, and see if you could apply it to yourself.

Okay, so I ran LC mid twice yesterday and had the easiest time of my life. How exactly is the enemy mid supposed to lane against LC's Q spam? I'll fucking run her mid all day.

Razzer

Okay, so I ran LC mid twice yesterday and had the easiest time of my life. How exactly is the enemy mid supposed to lane against LC's Q spam? I'll fucking run her mid all day.

Good positioning. But if it's a melee hero then ez lane. She's strong right now imo, will surprise people if she gets added to CM.

Good positioning. But if it's a melee hero then ez lane. She's strong right now imo, will surprise people if she gets added to CM.

Really tough to avoid standing next to creeps in the mid lane frankly. It's like trying to dodge the Tidebringer - you get zoned pretty badly trying.

Solo killed an Invoker yesterday. Had Brood up against me in game #2 lmao. They expected me to jungle I suppose.

Haunted

How do you guys prefer to play Abaddon? Lately, I have been playing him and using him as a carry by focusing on his slow and good attack speed. I've played him successfully as a support too but definitely prefer him as a mid to late carry.

Edit: I get items on him like Mjollnir, even Skull Basher (helps for the right clicks) and MoM. Give me recommendations as to what you like on him.
I usually play him as a support focusing on the purging features of the shield and healing. Though I find it tough to make use of my slow debuff in teamfights since I don't want to jump in straight away. The ult only becomes useful for the team one you get an aghs with the new upgrade, but I haven't tried that yet.

If you play him as a (semi)carry, get a heart after your damage item. Literally unkillable.

yarden24

Has Sing Sing left Cloud 9?

its a rumor that's been going around, don't think its confirmed by anyone.

I usually play him as a support focusing on the purging features of the shield and healing. Though I find it tough to make use of my slow debuff since I don't want to jump in straight away. The ult only becomes useful for the team one you get an aghs with the new upgrade, but I haven't tried that yet.

If you play him as a (semi)carry, get a heart after your damage item. Literally unkillable.

I generally play him offlane, at 3.5k i almost always win, he can be very strong against a dual lane if you know when you can dive and when you cant, doesnt work against a tri lane though

go for phase into drum\maelstrom then depending on who you are up against you can get more Armour hp or damage, even just getting a plate-mail or hp booster helps a lot, since after the early levels abaddon is a lot more squishy then you'd think.

Nymerio

Have you tried looking at Earth Spirit affects his targets with the push? Probably get an idea off that, and see if you could apply it to yourself.

omg, I did it. In case anyone cares, the solution was to create an ability with the baseclass item_force_staff and set the ability type and behavior to hidden. You can't use this ability because it keeps saying that the item is muted. To circumvent this you create a proxy class that runs a script that finds the hidden ability by name and calls the OnSpellStart method to cast the ability.

Aselith

omg, I did it. In case anyone cares, the solution was to create an ability with the baseclass item_force_staff and set the ability type and behavior to hidden. You can't use this ability because it keeps saying that the item is muted. To circumvent this you create a proxy class that runs a script that finds the hidden ability by name and calls the OnSpellStart method to cast the ability.

Well obviously!

Top Bottom