• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

inkls

I dunno if theres still space in the gaf team for gb, but i'd be interested. I'm not too good of a support, but I play a decent amount of carries and a few offlaners as well as some mids like kunkka and dp.

Need to repost this every thread:

WsNxeCp.gif

Acinixys

Okay, so I ran LC mid twice yesterday and had the easiest time of my life. How exactly is the enemy mid supposed to lane against LC's Q spam? I'll fucking run her mid all day.

Overwhelming Odds is her strongest spell. Amazing that people still jungle LC. Shes one of the strongest laners at lvl 1

Overwhelming Odds is her strongest spell. Amazing that people still jungle LC. Shes one of the strongest laners at lvl 1

Didn't put a single point in her E until I had the other 2 maxed. Jungle LC is so slow and useless, by the time you come out of the jungle (roughly 10-11 mins) with brown boots and Blink Dagger, your T1s are gone. So bad.

Pratfall

Didn't put a single point in her E until I had the other 2 maxed. Jungle LC is so slow and useless, by the time you come out of the jungle (roughly 10-11 mins) with brown boots and Blink Dagger, your T1s are gone. So bad.

LC is a hero I immediately dread when a teammate picks her. Bads love to jungle and blame everyone else when the game doesn't just wait for them.

I play mid quite a bit and I was shocked at how good LC was in a solo 1v1 scenario. In fact, I was shocked to the point where I can totally see why she's not in CM actually.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LC has little trouble winning/surviving the lane, it's being relevant afterwards that's a challenge for her, since she needs time to build up Blink, and then more time to build up stacks of Duels. Until she gets enough farm/stacks to explode people on her own, she's a glorified Doom/Bane. While not the worst thing in the world, being a gimmick mid isn't enough these days.

Oh, and she'd probably lose to Razor straight up, so that'll hurt her chances in CM barring any Razor nerfs.

Randdalf

LC is a hero I immediately dread when a teammate picks her. Bads love to jungle and blame everyone else when the game doesn't just wait for them.

At the same time, in the trench, the game often does wait for them and the enemy team tends to completely forget about LC, so she gets a fast level 6 and then can easily farm a Blink.

Razzer

LC has little trouble winning/surviving the lane, it's being relevant afterwards that's a challenge for her, since she needs time to build up Blink, and then more time to build up stacks of Duels. Until she gets enough farm/stacks to explode people on her own, she's a glorified Doom/Bane. While not the worst thing in the world, being a gimmick mid isn't enough these days.

Oh, and she'd probably lose to Razor straight up, so that'll hurt her chances in CM barring any Razor nerfs.

I'd say it's just a unique way of farming. She's still a carry, with devastating late game at that, so the fact that she has to be careful and has less impact early isn't too much of a problem for me. Pick a safe lane hero that makes space and has good mid game control and she works well. Banning Razor would be necessary though most likely yeah. Or make it so she can purge static link.

Radec

Rush Bottle at mid and LC can take anyone 1v1. Probably except for OD or someone with a roaming ganker.

Overwhelming Odds is ridiculously good especially with early pushers.

It sucks that when picking LC in pubs:

a. Pick LC early and you'll get countered with a Dazzle
b. Pick LC late and you'll end up without a lane and your dumb teammates will throw you to the jungle.

Solo offlane is doable, but really hard with a ranged support zoning you out.

She can destroy a farmed carry farming with a blink and blademail tho. PA and Void's passive won't work as well.

I honestly don't think she's a good late game carry though, she can blow up anyone easily, but duel is a double edge sword making you also very vulnerable. I'm more comfortable with a carry on my side.

Anyway, a few more kills and duel wins and my Voth Blades will be at 600 duel wins and 3000 kills over 85 LC games.

Nymerio

Does anyone know if there's a way to give a hero the ability to path through trees? I've currently set it up that the hero gets flying movement while the ability is active but I don't want him to be able to walk up cliffs.

Hylian7

So who watched me play Naga mid last night? My radiance was late as fuck but PL kept us in the game and then the illusions from both of us are too strong.

Anyway, had a question about it though. Should you try to split and splash jungle camps before Radiance?

Haly

Anyway, had a question about it though. Should you try to split and splash jungle camps before Radiance?

Only if your illusions are strong enough to kill the creeps, yes. And if you can't find farm elsewhere.

Sibylus

Banned
omg, I did it. In case anyone cares, the solution was to create an ability with the baseclass item_force_staff and set the ability type and behavior to hidden. You can't use this ability because it keeps saying that the item is muted. To circumvent this you create a proxy class that runs a script that finds the hidden ability by name and calls the OnSpellStart method to cast the ability.
Did you have any troubles simple getting a lua script to execute? I'm trying to do something like this here (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dota_2_Workshop_Tools/Scripting/Abilities_Scripted) except with a simple message printed to console to indicate success, but I can't even manage that atm.

Nymerio

Did you have any troubles simple getting a lua script to execute? I'm trying to do something like this here (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dota_2_Workshop_Tools/Scripting/Abilities_Scripted) except with a simple message printed to console to indicate success, but I can't even manage that atm.

No problems there. I call the script function, apply the flying modifier while the hero is near trees and remove the modifier once the duration is over or the hero leaves the vicinity of the trees.

The script doesn't execute at all for you? What baseclass are you using? If you use an existing ability as base you can't apply any other modifiers or run scripts. You have to use the default ability_datadriven class as base to get it to run your scripts.

G.ZZZ

Viper much worse tbh. You can outrun razor easily most times mid but viper so annoying since he outcs you AND counter your nuke to an extent. The nuke-> run at him strat don't work against him since he slow you zzz.

Sibylus

Banned
No problems there. I call the script function, apply the flying modifier while the hero is near trees and remove the modifier once the duration is over or the hero leaves the vicinity of the trees.

The script doesn't execute at all for you? What baseclass are you using? If you use an existing ability as base you can't apply any other modifiers or run scripts. You have to use the default ability_datadriven class as base to get it to run your scripts.
Oof, did not know that. Switching to item_datadriven breaks the charge functionality, so I guess I'll have to recreate that without a handy flag. Verymuchthanksyou.

e: Script runs now, thanks Nymerio. Embarrassed in myself :D

Haly

Viper much worse tbh. You can outrun razor easily most times mid but viper so annoying since he outcs you AND counter your nuke to an extent. The nuke-> run at him strat don't work against him since he slow you zzz.

Purge it :3

And Viper is very weak to nuking harass in the early game, whatever Corrosive Skin might lead you to believe.

Can't purge link :(

Nymerio

Oof, did not know that. Switching to item_datadriven breaks the charge functionality, so I guess I'll have to recreate that without a handy flag. Verymuchthanksyou.

e: Script runs now, thanks Nymerio. Embarrassed in myself :D

eh, took me while to figure this out as well. Scripting documentation is a bit lacking at the moment.

Pratfall

Then you a fool: Steam beta client is both prettier and faster!

I disagree. Steam beta client was completely unresponsive for me. I switched to make that download go away and was barely able to navigate the menus to tell it to switch back. Maybe something to do with windows? Are you on windows 8?

Sibylus

Banned
I disagree. Steam beta client was completely unresponsive for me. I switched to make that download go away and was barely able to navigate the menus to tell it to switch back. Maybe something to do with windows? Are you on windows 8?
Windows 7. Runs like butter.

manfestival

steam beta client isnt exactly fast but it manages to hide all of the extra loading pretty well. It shows all of the necessary things right away and the other features load a little slow but you wouldnt be able to tell unless you immediately go to them upon the first cold boot up of the program

Zeth

I'm practicing backswing cancelling, though I know there's disagreement over how important it is. I find it makes a huge difference especially chasing early game. Any heroes that it's more important for than others?

I'm talking about what some people call orb walking but has nothing to do with orb effects and applies to every hero's animation after the cast/attack point that is cancelled by issuing a move command.

This is exactly the experience I had. It took a force quit and then 5 minutes just to get through the menus to opt out. Windows 7 64 here.

LC picks in pubs is an auto loss unless you are just going to win 4v5
Seeing one building a shadowblade is extra painful

The only successful LC picks I've seen were the ones that show up for teamfights, use their W as a dispel/heal abadon style from a distance then at the end of the teamfight collect their free damage stack with their ult on a low hp enemy

the ones that blink/shadowblade in and try to kill people just always fail

kvk1

Beta client is smooth as butter.

The blue is bothering me though.

It just looks out of place to the rest of the theme.

Top Bottom